Status: another writing assignment. it was fun :)

A Day, a Dog

Lost Dog

It was a special day for Dino. After years of neglect from his owner, and years of scavenging trash cans for scraps of rotten food, Dino was finally free. Dino was finally set free from his owner, but he was set free in the middle of nowhere. Here, Dino would be lost for hours.

In his excitement for freedom, Dino showed no interest in his whereabouts. All he knew was that he was free to do whatever he wanted, like chasing the pink Buggy he hated so much. He sprinted after the car, even as it sped further and further away from him. Dino continued to run and run, as fast as he could. After running what seemed like miles, Dino became tired and rested a second before catching his second wind. The owner kept speeding away only looking back to see that Dino was gone, but Dino was still determined to show his anger towards the car and its owner. Dino lost interest in the vehicle that was now a dot in the horizon.

Now desperate and tired, Dino began to sniff his way around. Dino looked around for hours, unsure about what he was looking for. From the corner of his eyes, Dino caught sight of something. He finally noticed that it had been a speeding grey car and became excited. Dino waited patiently at the side, hoping desperately for someone to pick him up and take him home, for he was very hungry. As several cars passed, Dino became more and more discouraged. That did not stop his determination to fill his empty stomach.

In a pang of hunger, Dino frantically dashed into the street. Crash! Two cars veered and screeched to a stop, avoiding an accident but unfortunately crashed into each other. Several cars behind the two followed suit and crashed into the cars before them, causing a domino effect.

Dino crept away, afraid because of the various honks and cusses that followed the crashes, but to Dino’s surprise even more cars were coming his way. As smoke filled the air, Dino became confused. When cars became aware of the billowing smoke cloud, drivers and passengers emerged from their cars angered and perplexed.

Dino cautiously looked around. As the yells increased, Dino grew more anxious. Those that emerged from the smoldering vehicles were covered in soot from head to toe. They all tried to save themselves, escaping rapidly from the mass of destruction. The cloud of smoke grew larger and darker as it rose to the sky.

Kaboom! Screams pierced the air as people sprinted as fast as they could away from the flaming cars that were now blazing red heat. Drivers and passengers trudged away from their now disintegrated vehicles. Dino watched from afar as the light brightened up the smoky sky.

Off in the distance police sirens wailed. It grew closer to the scene, followed by fire trucks and ambulances. Fire men rushed to grab their water hoses and races to put out the fire that was caused by poor little Dino. Rescue teams searched for any trapped in the mass, pulling out anyone they could find.

For miles and miles, cars were held up in traffic. They honked furiously at the cars before them, hoping that it would get them just a bit closer to their destination. Dino became trapped in the middle of all the madness.

As the fire dies down, Dino becomes aware of a problem that concerned his body. He crept to a large stone, lifted his hind leg, and relieved himself. He then catches something far of in the distance. A figure moves along the horizon. Dino chases after it, curious about what he had discovered. At first, it seemed like humans, but as it got further away, Dino became unsure. Dino stood in awe as the sky grew dark and wary. Dino barks at the new occurrence, frightened by the now black clouds that hung above his head. Uncertain about what he had to do, Dino walked toward the cloud. For miles, the clouds expanded endlessly.

Dino walked on. He spotted something more interesting. Dino walked along a grassy path until he finally came upon small building. As he continued to go in deeper, the buildings grew larger and more plentiful. Around a corner, Dino spotted a human being who came over to pet him.

As he went on his way once again, he spotted another, smaller human. The human began to approach him but the figure seemed to fade as it got closer. Dino thought it was all just an illusion, but to his surprise, when he reached his muzzle out to the illusion, the child became real again and patted Dino on his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
this was a story where we had to make up a story that matches pictures of a famous picture book