Sequel: Living Our Dreams

Daydreamer

twenty three.

I unpacked more bowls that I hadn't gotten to just yet, and putting them on the counter for Cody to sort out when the door burst open.

"You're still unpacked?! See! This is why I came!" My mother dropped her luggage and hurried towards us to help us out.

My father and both siblings followed behind them. I rolled my eyes, "What is this? A family reunion? While were at it, why don't we just bring Gran from the grave?" I bellowed as my parents took the spare bedroom, Clayton taking the couch and Charlotte deciding it would be okay to sleep with me.

"Your brother came home when we found out Cody was traded to Buffalo and drove right down! We wanted it to be a surprise but it took a while to find the place. We called Lindy, your coach, and he helped us out." My dad said, waving his arms around as he explained his story and helped unpacking at the same time.

"So how's Buffalo been treating you, hun?" My mother asked Cody as he sorted out spoons, forks, and knives.

The family talked when my phone started vibrating, and going off, "Hello?"

"How're you doing?" Tyler's smooth voice asked.

I leaned by the counter and let a small smile graze upon my face, "Great. The fam-jam's in town."

"I can hear them in the background. They sound festive."

"Festive they are." I chuckled, "How's Tampa?"

"It was good. Really hot and humid. One of the reasons I don't like visiting Florida. But we have a few more games then were heading back home."

"I don't understand how you can be in a plane so much. You basically spend half your life in one because you all travel so much. So going home must be a great feeling."

"Not as much as I feel when heading back to Brampton. Nothing really to go home to in Boston. Everyone your close to travels with you."

"I'm sure you'll find someone in Boston. You just have to look. Maybe even a best friend. He could be a lawyer!" I suggested.

"I've had my fair share of searching, Depends what you mean by searching" He muttered. I let that comment go but by now Clayton was asking me who I was talking to.

Cody groaned and rolled his eyes, "She's been getting to know that kid, Tyler Seguin. He came to Vancouver once when he didn't even have a game. I swear, I need to start putting a collar on her."

I covered the speaker of the phone so Tyler couldn't hear my family's conversation.

"Oh! Isn't he that cute kid, a year older than you or something." Charlotte waved her arms happily, "But I heard he's a complete sleaze!" She just ruined it.

"Sleaze! You have to hang with the right people." My father interjected, giving me an accusing finger.

"Guys! Relax! He lives all the way in Boston, that's kind of far." I said, waving off their complaints. "He's just my.. acquaintance." I told them, choosing my words carefully.

"That's an eight, maybe nine hour drive! That's not far!" My father insisted.

I groaned and uncovered the speaker on my phone, "Can you please tell my family that you're harmless!" I muttered, mostly to myself.

"Oh! Put it on speaker!" Charlotte grabbed my phone and changed the settings. "Hi, is this Tyler?"

"Uh yeah.." He started awkwardly.
♠ ♠ ♠
OKAY GUYS. If you watched the hunger games please don't tell me! I was supposed to watch it today but I couldn't and the person I was going with went with someone else and now I have no one to watch it with D: BUT IF I MUST I SHALL WATCH IT ALONE.

But yeah. Please don't say anything!

Alsooo, cheeck this out guys. I have a reader in Buffalo, and one in Boston. That's pretty sick. LOL. And from my Bostonite that commented, just wait a few chapters and you'll see! It's like you guys are reading my mind! You're like guessing everything that's gonna happen eventually! O: