Sequel: Living Our Dreams

Daydreamer

twenty four.

"This is the informal meeting with my family." I whispered into the speaker. Tyler chuckled back.

Charlotte smacked her gum rudely. "So Tyler. How many girlfriends have you had?" I glared at her.

"Give me my phone!" I snatched my phone from Charlotte's hands and took it off speaker, "I'll call you back later or something, alright?" He agreed with a chuckle then hung up.

"Oh come on!" Mr sister groaned.

I eyed her as I shoved my phone into my pocket, "Sometimes, Charlie, you just can't take a hint. You need to mind your own business! I just can't handle you sometimes!" I huffed, "You know Charlie―"

"Oh, girls! Don't get into a fight already!" My mother clawed at our shoulders with her stubby fingers.

Charlotte glared at me, "Don't Charlie me."

"Why don't you sleep on the couch!" I yelled in her face. "Or even better, outside on the sidewalk." I muttered quietly to myself.

"You bitch!" She screamed. She obviously heard what I said. She clawed, like my mother but more fierce, on my hair.

"Whoa! Enough, enough." I heard Clayton call as Cody grabbed and lifted me away from my sister. I could faintly hear my mother warn my sister of her language. Clayton had Charlie, "How about this. I stay on the couch, Charlie gets Car's room and Car and sleep with Cody." Clay suggested.

"Cody snores." I sulked, glancing out the window and into Buffalo's skyline.

Clay snorted, "There's always room next to Charlie."

"Fine." I muttered.

"Okay, it's settled." My mother said with a big smile, "Why don't we go out for dinner now. To celebrate Cody and Car moving out closer!"

We all groaned at her enthusiasm but went anyways.

Image

"Morning!" My mother said cheerfully as I entered the kitchen. It seemed like enthusiasm was the only thing she wasn't short of. It was great seeing my mother but right now I couldn't wait until she was headed home.

"Morning." I murmured, "Where's Cody?"

"Morning practice." Clay said, stuffing his face with bacon and eggs.

"Oh. Well, cya!" I said, grabbing a jacket and heading out.

Someone grabbed onto the back collar of my jacket and pulled me back, "Where do you think you're going?" My father asked me.

"I wasn't planning on being here, maybe visit Vancouver to see my friends but since you guys are here, I can't leave, and if I'm here, then I'm to attend volleyball practice with the rest of the team, and also the meet ups we have at the weight room every few days."

My dad sighed then let me go. I said a quick bye, not exactly caring about what my sister was up to and took a bus labeled UB. During the practice I got to know my teammates. Girls on the team were really nice, and invited me to dinner but I told them I had to head home, telling them my family was in town.

When I got home I found an empty apartment and a note from Cody telling me that he convinced mom and dad that this was really important to me and that they wouldn't bother me and went to dinner without me.

I laughed to myself as I started making mac and cheese. I pondered the possibility of calling the girls and joining them but just decided to go with them next time they invited me.

Once I finished cooking I took a seat on the couch with a bowl of kraft dinner and phone in hand. Last thing I remember thinking was I did say I'd call him back, then next thing you know it I heard Tyler say "Hello?" from the other side of the line.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would usually say something like "I hate siblings that act like Charlie." but I don't have any sibling. LOL. Everything with Charlie was made up of research I have done on annoying siblings! (: