Sequel: Living Our Dreams

Daydreamer

twenty five.

"So uh, how's it going?" I asked awkwardly, stirring my dinner as the latest sports highlights flashed across the TV screen.

"Not bad. Just arrived in Philly." He said, "How about you?"

"Well, I went to volleyball practice and then came home to find out the rest of my family went for dinner without me. So, sitting here with a bowl of mac and cheese and watching some Buffalo sports highlights show."

"Hah. Well, I'm eating dinner now then, so now we're eating dinner together." He chuckled.

"Oooh, now I don't feel like a loser eating alone." I joked, "Hey, why are NFL players wearing pink?" I wondered out loud as a football play unfolded in front of me.

"It's this whole breast cancer thing. They were thinking of doing that for the NHL. Still considering it, actually." He said. I mumbled a response. Then he said, "I really like this." For a minute I thought he was talking about whatever he was eating, "These talks. They're refreshing."

Then I heard in the background, "You sound like a girl, Seguin!" Making me laugh.

"Did you hear that?" He whispered.

"Yeah." I chuckled.

"Ignore Marchand. He's an idiot." I grimaced at his name. Still not a big fan.

"You love me!" I heard him yell, which, even though I don't like him, it made me laugh.

The front door clicked open and both of my brothers walked in first with stacks of leftovers from where ever they came from, "Oh! Hey Care!" Cody said with a smile and a wave.

"I gotta go. I'll talk to you later. Call me or something." I told him.

"Alright, see yeah." And I clicked the line dead.

Cody stared at me, "Was that Tyler?" His stare got colder. I still didn't understand why he didn't like Tyler so much.

"Kaylie." I lied smoothly, shaking my phone in front of his face before dropping my bowl into the sink. "I'm going to bed!" I announced before leaving into my room. It took me a moment before I walked back out and into Cody's, "I forgot." I muttered to Clay, who was laughing at me.

Image

It's been almost a week since my family left and I finally got my room back. Cody left for a road trip yesterday which was perfect since the girls on the team planned a bonding road trip that apparently they did every once in a while. Just to get to know each other. Teamwork was an essential trait in volleyball.

"Are you ready?" Giselle, the team captain, asked.

I shrugged my duffel bag full of clothes higher up my shoulder, "Yup!" and I jumped into her car. "To Boston!" I grinned.

"Hey Caroline!" Hannah greeted, turning back from shotgun.

"Are you excited?" Stephanie asked from beside me.

I put my duffel in the space between me and Stephanie, next to her bag, "I can't wait." And we were off.

I decided not to tell Tyler and make it a surprise. Luckily, I checked the Bruins schedule and they didn't have any road games until we left. I wasn't really sure where I could find him but if I couldn't get any leads then I'd just call him like he did to me that time in Vancouver.

"So, where should we go to first?" Giselle asked as she turned onto the highway.

"Doesn't really matter! Can we watch a hockey game?" I asked.

"Oh right! Your brother is a hockey player, right? Is he playing in Boston?" Giselle asked.

"A hockey player?!" Steph yelled, "No way! He plays for the Sabres?" She asked eagerly.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, Steph loves hockey. Specifically the Sabres." Giselle informed me as Hannah twiddled with the radio until something other than commercials played.

I turned to her, happy that someone on the team loved hockey. Everyone seemed set with football or just super crazy about volleyball. "Yeah. Cody-"

"Hodgson!" She finished, "How could I be so stupid! You last name is Hodgson! Oh man! You have to introduce me to Derek Roy! And Miller! And.. oh god! You're so lucky!" She exclaimed, grabbing my hands and bouncing in her seat.

"Oh wait. Does that mean we can watch a game?" I asked, glancing at Giselle.

"Sure. Well, if the girls don't mind paying for themselves." She said, "I heard they can get pretty pricey."

"Well, only girls who want to go can go. For all I care it could be just me and Steph!" I said. Steph was about to interject, probably about money so I held up my hand, "Money isn't a problem. I have friends in high places." I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
holy crap guys. I made this one kinda long cause I love you all.

I love you guys. I have homies all over the world now. I bet if I needed some info about Dubai then a reader or something will be like "I live in Dubai!" and tell me so much cool shit. LOL. So thanks guys for the heelp (: This story wouldn't be as amazing as it is if it wasn't for you! (: