Status: Active, slow update

Six Feet Under The Stars

#004

It was Sunday night and I was alone reading an email from some old friends. I often opened my email inbox because I Knew it would be full of stuffs from my office, fans letter and more. But then I got a text on my phone from an unknown number saying that s/he had sent me a message since days ago and I hadn't reply it yet. S/he didn't force me about something scary though, but I was bored so I opened my email inbox while drinking coffee on my parents' house backyard.

I lazily read the sender and subject of the messages. Manager, editor, secretary, editor, my brother—oh, maybe it's him, I don't have to reply it since he's with me right now. Then some subjects about my books, new fans, and... what's this? The subject titled 'hey old friend, Remember Me?' and it's from an unknown email address.

I wondered and tried to remember which old friends still keeping in touch with me. I didn't have so many friends back in high school or before that. I used to play with same close friends for years, like my neighbors which were my best friends. But we still meet sometimes we had time so it mustn't be them. Other close friends I had since junior high school were Alex, Jack and Claire. Claire was my book editor now so it also must not be her.

Wait, who did I mention before? Alex and Jack? Lord, it's been ages since the last time I saw them right a day before high school started. We went to different school so I couldn't meet them every time I wanted like I used to on junior high. Could it be one of them? I thought and rapidly clicked on the message.

Dearest Caroline Penelope Barone,

Lord, how are you huh? It's been ages since the last time I saw you before high school started and we never met again because of our very own school stuffs that made us busy with those shits. Dammit, I missed you so much! Do you even still remember me? In case you didn't, I was your best friend forever since we met at history class on junior high. I saved you from Jack's stupid game of throwing chewing gums with his ruler. Remember me now?


I suddenly gasped and smiled widely when I read the email's opening. I was right that it was Alex. I realized I missed him and Jack so much. I sipped my coffee again and continue reading.

Oh wait. I should have not talking about craps before because I still doubt it that you are my old friend. Her name is Caroline Barone and we've been friends since the time I've told you before. I saw your name—Carol Barone—at the bookstore and it made me remembered of her. I told Jack about you and he said that that's our best friend, Caroline or Carly. I doubt him and he forced me to write an email to you. He's now here beside me saying I suck at writing a letter.

And I have to introduce myself, my name is Alex Gaskarth and I'm a singer of a band called All Time Low. Jack Barakat is my guitarist and he is dumb. Now do you know me?
That's all I have to say for now, Jack is killing me about this. I hope you read this because I know you're really busy out there, since Carly is. Looking forward to see a good reply ;)

-Alexander William Gaskarth


I finished the last part of that email and I felt a single tear came down form my eyes. No, that's not because the email was really stupid and burnt my eyes. It's because it's really him and they both seemed didn't change. Jack still remembered me though, and I knew Alex did too, he just too ashamed to show it so he wrote the email that way. I looked at the backyard, the place where we buried our time capsule and our dreams, with the deal about what if one is lost and one is won and such. That took me back to the memories we made together in my house or their houses.

I took the last sip of my coffee and clicked the button to reply. I was thinking for a while then started to write everything.

Alexander William Gaskarth,
How could you don't know about your best friend is now a fictions writer? How could you didn't realize that Carol Barone is my name and why you didn't believe in Jack that that's me? Damn Alex I missed you and Jack so much but you did this to me. I hate you :(
Wait, you didn't know who I am but you wrote my full name at the opening. You stupid, I don't even know you're going crazy with band stuffs now, though. :P

PS. Are you home? I want you to tickle Jack with me again. Wait, is he still a ticklish boy?

-Caroline Penelope Barone


I read my email again. That's a kind of cruel but that was all I wanted to say so I'd let it be. I sent it right away and moved inside the house because it was getting darker and colder outside. I kept my mac on because I suddenly got a new story to write.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi people, I need some feedback/comments.

PLEASE D:

Oh, I'm going to update A Wonderful Surprise later tho, read that one too!