Status: Active, slow update

Six Feet Under The Stars

#007

`How long you guys have been together?`

`About two years.`

`What's his name again?`

`John.`

`Is he nice?`

`Yes`

`How old is he?`

`Are you interrogating me?` I finally asked back. Jack started to ask too many things. Well, that didn't mean I didn't wanna tell my best friends about my boyfriend. I just don't really like it if someone asked too many questions. What is it? A press conference? We were not even talking about my books.

`I'm sorry, Carly. I just need to know about your boyfriend, I don't want him to hurt you!` Jack defended himself.

`He won't hurt me, Jackie, he used to be my best friend.` I made him sure. `Now tell me about your or Alex's girlfriend. Or are you guys loving each other?`

`Aw yeah, I love Alex so much!` Jack got closer to Alex and rounded his arm around Alex's waist. `You know, almost all fan girls of my band thought me and Alex are really dating each other! What the fuck?! Ew!` He then threw his hand off from Alex's waist.

`You're an ass, Barakat,` said Alex slowly. He somehow wasn't really interested to join our conversation.

`Hey, what's up?` I asked in concern. `Are you sick? Or tired?`

`Not really,` Alex answered shortly. `Well yeah, maybe I need some rest.`

`I'll prepare your room then,` I said as I stood up.

`Carly, wait!` Jack stopped me right before I made my way to the guest room. `Can't we just sleep here using sleeping bags, like the old times?`

`I don't know where Mom put them, Jack. I should search for it first.` I refused.

`But I missed that time! Pretty please, Carly, please?` Jack showed me his puppy eyes which I could never denied.

`She must've put them in the ware. I'll help you to find them.` Alex said as he stood up and Jack yelled in happiness.

`Kiddo.` I mocked Jack as I rolled my eyes to him and followed Alex to the basement. Mom put everything we didn't bring to Arizona there, including those old sleeping bags I used to use with Alex, Jack and Claire if we had a sleepover.

Alex was quiet that night, this rarely happened. I understood he was pretty tired, but he would still at least have a little talk with me while we're doing something. Well, maybe time and ages changed everything, included someone's habit. Who knows?

Once we came to the basement's door, I was just staying there, didn't have any guts to go further. Alex stopped to look at me after he opened the door. `Are you going to search the thing with me or not?`

`Not,` I answered shortly.

Alex then chuckled, `Are you still afraid or dark room and basement?`

`Uh—yes? I'll wait here, Al.` I said to him, refusing his hand that tried to reach my hand and pull me with him.

`No, you should come with me,` now Alex's hand started to pull me closer to him, closer to
somewhere I never liked to be. `Caroline, come on! You're not 10 anymore!`

`But that doesn't mean I could lost my phobia when I'm growing up, right?!` I denied him.

`Don't push me to do this, Alex, please--` I begged.

`Then why would you come with me?` Alex pouted. He then followed me to sit in the stairs,
not wanting to go further for Jack's sleeping bag.

`I don't know,` I answered. `I just followed you, you made me so.` I accused Alex and grinned widely.

`Huh?` He seemed like he didn't like my idea. `If I could make you follow me here, then I can make you go to the basement, right?`

I looked at him, realizing that what he said was right. `You got the point.`

`Now, stand up and follow me there,` Alex commanded.

`No!` I yelled and started to struggle from Alex's grip which was kind of hard to do because he has big hands and body. He started to tickle me once he got me on his embrace and I finally couldn't handle it anymore. I shouted some okays and told him I'd follow him inside the basement until he finally let me go and pulled me to walk with him.

It was actually easy to find the sleeping bags—Mom put them inside a wardrobe near the basement door. I was kinda happy with that because I didn't have to go inside further and be there for a long time. I took one sleeping bag while Alex carried two bags for him and Jack. On our way back to the living room, Alex finally told me things he had on his mind that night, which was about my boyfriend, and asked some more things.

`Carly,` he started. `You said your boyfriend's name is John, right?` He asked.

I nodded.

`And he used to be your best friend when you're in Tempe?`

I nodded. `He's my neighbor. Both my and John's family know each other. Even John's mom wants me to call her as Momma too!` I giggled while remembering John's Mom who was a really lovely person.

`Is he in a band?` Alex asked again, he seemed didn't really interested about Momma Jenny.

I nodded. `Do you know The Maine? That's his band with my other best friends.`

I swore I could see Alex's expression changed. He made a shock expression then showed a little frown before just saying short 'oh' like oh-okay-I-get-it. There I knew something mustn't be right about John or his band, so I just asked why directly.

Alex stopped to think for some seconds. `Nothing,` was all he answered as he walked faster and threw the sleeping bags to Jack who was laying on the loveseat with a bag of potato chips he might found in the kitchen.

I was beyond confused about Alex's attitude, but he seemed didn't want to be asked by any question. He rolled out his sleeping bag and set it beside the fireplace, immediately snuggling inside and starting to sleep like a baby with his headphone plugged on his ears playing some sweet lullabies.

Jack and I were just watching Alex doing his stuffs and in the end, we looked at each other confused. Jack then shrugged his shoulder as he finished his chips and went to the kitchen, leaving me alone with no idea of what to do besides do the same things as Alex.

When I reached my own sleeping bag, Jack came back with a glass of mineral water; he was surprised to find me snuggling into my own bag because he thought we're going to spend more time together before sleeping.

`Your friend is tired, Jack. You are tired. You need some long good rest you so you'll be totally fit tomorrow.` I told him who were starting to yawn himself.

`See you tomorrow, Caroline. Good night.`

`Good night, Barakat.`