You Could Save Me Too

how do you feel?

Waking up the next morning I felt emotionally drained but then I remembered that I had fallen asleep in Josh’s arms and things couldn’t have been more perfect. I rolled over in my bed expecting to find Josh next to me but he had gone.

Mia must be psychic or something because she came in with a coffee for me as soon as I had sat up in bed, “I thought you could do with a coffee and some breakfast,” she smiled.

“Thanks, but what’s this all in aid for?” I asked, suspiciously.

“Nothing, I’m just a perfect roommate,” she grinned as she sat on my bed.

I rolled my eyes but couldn’t help but smile, “Um, you didn’t happen to see-”

“Josh? Yeah, he left about twenty minutes ago, he said something about band practice but he text you anyway,” she said as she munched on my toast.

I reached over to the bedside table, grabbed my phone and read the message from Josh.

Hello gorgeous, sorry I had to leave without saying bye, I didn’t want to wake you. I’ve got band practice this morning but I’ll catch up with you later at the show yeah? And then tomorrow I promise you can have me all to yourself!

Miss you, Josh xxxxxx

P.S. You look really cute when you sleep.


I couldn’t stop myself from smiling like a goon at his text, I couldn’t remember the last time someone had made me this happy. It was perfect!

“Awh, look at you all smiley,” Mia gushed, “I’m glad you’re happy Lils, you deserve it!”

“Thank you Mia,” I smiled replying to Josh’s text.

It’s fine, don’t worry about it. Yeah, looking forward to it. Really? All to myself? I am one lucky girl!

I miss you too, Lily xoxoxo

P.S. You look really cute all the time.


Josh and I text each other non-stop all day and it made me feel like the luckiest girl in the entire world.

Mia and I arrived at the venue later that day but we couldn’t catch any of the boys before they went on because they were running around crazily trying to sort things out and by the time they were ready, they were due on stage.

We watched from the side of stage and it felt just like the first time we watched them, incredible.

I watched the way Josh connected with the audience, the way they sung his lyrics back to him and how happy and excited he looked on stage.

They started playing ‘Always Attract’ and it made me smile instantly, I loved this song more than anything it was beautiful.

‘If it hurts this much, then it must be love, and it’s a lottery, I can’t wait to draw your name,’

I couldn’t keep my eyes off of Josh, he was everything I could’ve asked for and more.

Josh looked at me from on stage and sang to what felt like only me in the room:

That night I slept,
On your side of the bed so,
It was ready when you got home,
We're like noughts and crosses in that,
Opposites always attract


I couldn’t stop myself from smiling like a goon; his smile was so cute and I could tell from the way he looked at me that he meant it, he meant everything.

Once the song finished the band came off stage and Josh placed himself right in front of me. He placed his hands on either side of my face and gently pulled my face to his, placing his cool lips on mine. Josh pressed his lips against mine passionately as I wrapped my arms around his neck, it felt perfect. Josh reluctantly pulled away from the kiss and looked into my eyes, “I love you.”

I smiled widely and as I went to tell him that I loved him too he was pulled back on stage for an encore. I looked at him at on stage as he gave me a grin and I mouthed ‘I love you too’ to him. I really did, I fucking loved him. Josh simply gave me a cheeky wink and then looked back out into the audience.

I never realised I could be this happy, I had to be the luckiest girl alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here it is, the last chapter!! Let me know what you all thought of this story.
I was wondering whether you guys would like to see a sequel to this or for a completely new story with either Dan or Max? Drop me some comments and tell me what you think :)
I just want to say thank you to everyone who has read this and everyone who commented or subscribed, it means a lot, thanks!! And don't forget to keep checking back for a new story coming shortly!!