You Could Save Me Too

and everyone you once loved

I had been at home for a couple of days now and I was slowly but surely recovering. People had been coming in and out of the apartment for days coming to see how I was doing and keeping me company. Thank god Mia had come home yesterday; she, Max and Josh had decided to stay in with me all day today and keep me company even though I was completely shattered and just wanted to sleep. Andy was due to come over later and I was looking forward to it immensely, he had been with me yesterday and it was lovely just having him around to comfort me. Max and Josh were currently playing Fifa whilst Mia and I snuggled up on the sofa together with hot chocolate.

“So how ya feeling today Lillian?” Max asked without turning to look at me, his eyes fixed on the screen.

I hated the way he used my full name, “Do not, call me that Maximus Helyer!” I said chucking a pillow at him, “But other than that I feel much better,” I grinned.

“Glad to hear it,” he actually turned to smile at me.

“Yes mate!” Josh yelled at Max, “I am so good at this game it’s untrue!”

Mia and I didn’t understand how the boys managed to take a video game so seriously, but believe me, they did. “You know Josh, you might want to lose once in a while just so that head of yours doesn’t explode,” I laughed.

“You’re just jealous because you wish you were as good as me,” he said sticking out his tongue at me like a child.

“Yep Josh, that’s it. I wish I was as good at a game that doesn’t reward you with anything and allows you to sit in your room all day, alone, wasting your life away,” I smirked knowing that both Max and Josh were going to defend their beloved Fifa if it killed them.

“How dare you! Don’t listen baby, she didn’t mean it,” Max joked, hugging the Fifa case.

Josh stood up and looked at his phone, “Um, I’ve got to go now, Kara said she’s got some time off this evening so yeah I’ll see you soon, laters,” and he was gone.

As soon as Josh shut the door Max rolled his eyes and sighed heavily and I got the feeling that he didn’t like the way Josh chased Kara around like a lost puppy. To be quite honest I felt somewhat strange about Josh’s absence, I liked him being around, he just made everything so much better. I don’t know why but I sort of felt like Josh should’ve stayed and not ran off to Kara, but it’s not like he owed me anything so why should he; she was his girlfriend, he didn’t need to do anything for me, he’d already done so much.

Max and Mia decided that they would go out for the evening so left me alone waiting for Andy to come around. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach stirring; I wasn’t sure whether this was because I was nervous to see Andy, but why should I be, or whether it was because I was excited, but I’m going to go with the latter.

Not long after the others left, the apartment buzzer went off so I opened the door downstairs and stood by the door to our apartment waiting for him.

As soon as he saw me his whole face lit up, “What are you doing? Go sit down and rest, I can walk through a door by myself you know,” he smiled.

“I know but I just couldn’t wait to see you,” I smiled feeling slightly stupid for sounding so eager but he didn’t seem to mind his grin just grew wider and he placed a soft kiss on my lips.

“Come on you, let’s go in,” he said turning me around and directing me into the apartment.

We didn’t do much but lay on the sofa and talk about our days and how we were, it was nice and simple to be honest; our fingers intertwined and I rest my head on his chest, I felt so comfortable with him.

There was a long silence where we both just lay there thinking and I could’ve easily fallen asleep but he broke the silence before I got the chance, “Lily?”

“Yeah,” I said, snuggling further into his chest.

“Okay I’m not really good with this sort of thing but I was just wondering like… would you… do you…”

I cut him off, knowing what he was going to say and I couldn’t stand to see him struggle any further, “Are you asking me to be your girlfriend Andy?” I smiled.

He sighed with relief that he didn’t have to ask the question but I could feel he was still tense because he hadn’t got an answer, “Um, yeah, but only if you want to though.”

I smiled and turned to inch my face closer to his, “Of course I want to!” And I kissed him passionately letting him know how much exactly I wanted to be with him.

We spent the rest of the evening kissing each other and laughing with one another, it couldn’t have been more perfect if it tried to be. However, there was still something in the back of my head that felt slightly reluctant and I didn’t really know what it was but an image of Josh kept crawling into my mind. I didn’t know why it was there, well truthfully I did, but I didn’t want it to be there, I didn’t want to be thinking like this and I didn’t want Mia to be right, she couldn’t be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love hearing what you guys think so keep it coming!
Don't worry there will be some major drama in the next few chapters...