Welcome to the Family

Welcome To The Family

This is it, I'm done for, why couldn't this have gone differently? Maybe it would've if I hadn't gotten so caught up in my hatred for them, they say I'm family, they don't know what a family is. They aren't the family I need, the family I need is somewhere out there.
I got up off the bed and grabbed my duffle bag before running down the stairs and out the front door to my car, I got in and drove as far away from this hell as I could. I drove for hours before I finally decided to stop and get some rest at a hotel, I got out of the car and locked the doors and walked into the building. I got a room and smiled slightly when I realized where I was, California, finally. I left Vegas hours ago getting away from the people who spent so much time just trying to hurt me and now here I am. I got to my room and changed into my bikini and walked down to the beach.
After a couple hours I decided it was time to head back to my room and start looking for a job, being twenty-three I had a few jobs here and there but nothing really stuck with me, I guess I can't be too picky now. I thought for a moment and got my phone out and called my friend that moved here a couple years ago, "Hello?" I smiled, "Hey chica, is there a job opening at the bar?" She sighed, "Wait...why? Did you get out here yet?" I laughed, "Yeah!" She screamed, "Are you at that hotel again?" I nodded, "Yup I am," she laughed, "I'm coming to get you, you can stay here with me and my friends, they won't mind chicky, I'm on my way, bye." There was a click and I quickly started putting my stuff back in my bag and walked down the stairs to the lobby. It wasn't even ten minutes and there was Cassy, she ran over and hugged me, "I can't believe you're here!" I smiled, "Me either."
She drove back to her house and I couldn't believe it, she went from living in the smallest apartment in Vegas to living in a gorgeouse house like this. We got out and walked in the front door, "Zack! I'm home!" There were footsteps and a pretty attractive guy walked down the stairs and over to Cassy, he kissed her, "Who's this?" Cassy smiled, "This is my best friend from Vegas Hayden, he nodded, "She staying with us?" Cassy nodded, "She needs some help, she can hangout with the guys, right?" Zack nodded, "As long as she doesn't mind getting hit on every five minutes and Jimmy's insanity, then yeah." Cassy smiled and lead me up the stairs and down the hall to the very end and opened the door on the left side, "This is your room, the spare room where Jimmy usually stays is right across the hall, if you need anything go to him first, okay?"
I nodded and she left me to un pack my things, after I finished I walked down stairs only to be shoved into the railing on the stairs by some freakishly tall guy running from a shorter guy, "Sorry!" I heard Cassy yell, "Jimmy! Johnny! Knock it off! Get down here and meet Hayden!" The two walked back down the stairs and the taller one walked over to me and hugged me, "I'm Jimmy and the short one over there is short shit, or Johnny." I smiled, "I'm Hayden," I turned to Cassy, "So, are there any openings?" She smiled, "Yup, same shift as me, wanna be a bartender?" I laughed, "Sure. When do I start?" She smiled at me, "Tonight, go change into something sexy and meet me down here in about twenty minutes." I nodded and took off up the stairs, I was digging through my clothes when there was a knock at the door, "Who is it?" There was silence and then, "Jimmy, can I come in?" I laughed, "Sure, it's open."
He walked in and sat on the chair by the desk in the corner of my room, "What's up?" I walked over to my closet and got my outfit out before walkng into the adjoining bathroom, "I was wondering, why'd you leave Vegas? You don't have to tell me, I just want you to know that if there's a time when Cassy isn't around, you can always talk to me." I smiled at Jimmy's words as I got dressed in my favorite new outfit. I walked out and looked at him, "How about you come to the bar tonight? Pick me up after work and we can talk about it then, okay? I really need to get going, Cassy's going to kill me if I make her late." Jimmy nodded, "That's fine, text me when your shifts almost over, okay?" I nodded and hugged him and walked out of the room and down the stairs.
Cassy looked at me as she drove to the bar, "Are you sure you want to work here?" I nodded, "I need a job Cass, even if it is here it will only be until I find something better." She nodded and hugged me, I smiled, "By the way, Jimmy's picking me up tonight, he wants us to hangout and get to knowm each other I guess." She smiled at me, "That's great, let's go." We got inside and Cassy took me over to the bar and told me to stay behind the bar at all times unless the boss came for me, I nodded and did as she said. The night was pretty boring besides a couple of drunk guys getting thrown out for getting too touchy with Cass, I bet they're lucky Zack wasn't here, my shift was almost over, I sent Jimmy a text telling him and he said he'd be there in ten minutes.
I walked out of the bar and seen Jimmy standing by his car, I walked over and he opened the door for me, "Here ya go," I smiled, "Thanks," and got in. He got in and drove back to Cass's, when we got back we went up to my room and sat on my bed, he looked at me, "Okay, what's up? I don't think I know anyone that's left Vegas unless some bad shit happened to them." I sighed, "Damn, Cass said you weren't the smartest out of them, but you must be smarter than she thinks. I've always had some issues with my real family, I'm the youngest of three girls. My sisters were both pagent winners and shit like that, I was the one that when I turned fifteen, the first thing I did was go out with my friend Jade and get high for the first time. My parents found out and sent me to rehab, I was fucked up. They told me I would never be as good as Kellie or Tanya, so I gave up on being little miss goody two shoes, I turned into a total bitch. I was on drugs and constantly getting drunk, my first real boyfriend used me to get money for him. I finally got away from all of it last year, I started talking to Cassy again and she's been telling me that I need to come out here and start over, I guess she was right..." I hadn't noticed that I had started crying until I felt his hand slowly wipe my face, he held my face in his hands and looked me in the eyes and kissed my forehead, "Welcome To The Family, you're not alone in this world. Since you stepped through that front door this morning, you're Sevenfold property now, no one fucks with us, you're safe here," he leaned forward, I thought to kiss my forehead again, this time he kissed me on the lips, his soft lips pressed against mine, he smiled at me, "If you're interested, would you go on a date with me sometime?" I smiled, "I'd love to Jimmy."