When the Sun Goes Down

Heather Murray has always considered herself to be a normal, albiet almost painfully shy at times, teenage girl. A crush on her older brother's best friend, a best friend of her own who's suddenly stopped talking to her, and no clue of exactly how to interact with the people around her: all very normal teenage problems, right?

But when Heather's invited by Chamberlain Academy's strangely alluring exchange student to a party she'll never forget, her life loses every ounce of normalcy. Creatures of mythology and lore become real as her night takes a turn for the worst, and it quickly becomes clear to Heather that the people in her life are not exactly who--better yet, what-- they claimed to be.

As Heather learns her role in this strange new world she's suddenly been introduced to, the problems from her "normal" life magnify ten-fold. As if that wasn't enough, the weight of a new, practically impossible, duty to a world she never knew existed rests heavily on her shoulders.
  1. Morning
    The first or early period of anything; beginning: "the morning of life".
  2. School
    To reprimand
  3. Cruel
    Causing or marked by great pain or distress
  4. Excluded
    To be shut out from consideration, privilege; to be expelled and kept out