Status: Active

Just Sleep

One

It's crazy how fast things things can change. Or slow, you could look at it either way. It's like igniting a flame or watching paint dry. No one expects bad things to happen either. Everyone thinks, oh, poor them. It'll never happen to me. Just like every musician thinks that their bus driver can be trusted to the highest extent. Usually, they are. Shit happens though. Everyone has flaws, some more prominent than others.

It wasn't Ed's fault at all. It really wasn't. Flash rains aren't common in Louisiana. You think that they would, but in the swamps it was usually pretty damp all around. There was no need for rain. Plus, it wasn't storm season. Why would something decide to mess with our band that night, I don't know. I don't think I ever will.

I mean, it was just a normal night after a show. The five of us were still pumping off adrenaline from our set, so we were all wide awake even though it was well after midnight. Mikey was laying in his bunk, probably texting Pete or playing his Gameboy. Ray was sucked into his computer and Bob was trying to get him to gang up against me so they could play that stupid Donkey Kong game or whatever. Gerard was sitting next to me, sketching something. I angrily shot at virtual aliens, my elbows resting on Gee's ankles. I let his gross feet lay in my lap.

“Out, Iero. Our turn. You've been playing since we left,” Bob said, taking the controller from ny hands. My mouth opened in fake shock.

“I – I – you could have fucking asked! God, Bob! Sometimes I hate you!” Standing up angrily, I grabbed Gerard's elbow. “Come on Way, we're leaving.” I rushed out of the back room in fake anger with Gerard in tow.

“You know, you are quite the dramatic adolescent.” he remarked, quirking an eyebrow as he took out his pack of Reds and a lighter.

“But you know you love me.” I grinned cheekily and stole one of his cigarettes.

“You got me there,” he sighed under his breath and lit both of the cancer sticks. Collapsing onto the couch, I took a drag and smiled around the cigarette at my Gee.

I giggled and sat on his lap. “Can I do this then?”

“I obviously can't stop you, so go right on ahead, fucker.” He pushed me onto the couch. “I'd like to see you try.”

“Hey!” I straightened himself out. “You almost made me catch this... sofa on fire. But that's okay.” I paused and put my head in his lap. “I still love you.”

Failing to hide the blush, he rolled my eyes and smirked. “You know, I -”

The chaos began. There was a loud thump and the bus felt like it was gliding on ice. The wheels didn't feel like they were rolling, but the bus was still moving. Gerard grabbed both of my hands and looked at me with wide, scared eyes. “Frankie, what's going -”

He was cut off by the screeching of metal. The back half of the bus started to swerve to the left, causing the bus to do a full one eighty degree spin. By this time, the lights were out and the whole bus was dark. The panicked calls began as the large vehicle turned onto its side. Gerard and I fell back onto the wall and then on the ceiling. We tumbled for a second and then something large and heavy slammed into the side of my body. Before everything went black, the last thing I was conscious of was Gerard's, “Frank! -”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? I'd love to know your opinion!