I Must Be Dreaming

004: Meeting Nicholas Jerry

I was sitting on a park bench with my acoustic guitar working on a song for my first album.

I don't see what she's got
What's keeping you so close
Her endless lies
Should be making things much worse
I don't know what she's doing
But I know that it ain't right
Cause in the end, I know
You'll be crying tonight


I heard clapping behind me. There was a boy with curly hair that looked about my age with a creepy grin on his face. I know I've seen him before, but I can't remember where. I raised my eyebrow and asked, "Um...who are you?"

He replied, "Nicholas Jerry, at your service! That was a great song, by the way, even though I only heard part of it."

I blushed. That was why he was smiling. Okay...he's not so creepy now. I thanked him, "You really liked it? I didn't think it was that good, but thanks."

He responded, "It's no problem. I'm just telling it like it is. My brother needs to hear a song like that. He's been in this stupid slump ever since his girlfriend dumped him for that guy in that one vampire movie...Robert Pattinson, I think."

Something suddenly clicked in my head. I asked him, "Camilla dumped Joe?"

He chuckled, "Yup! And I'm guessing you figured out who I was."

I laughed, "Yeah, and it wasn't until you brought up your recently dumped older brother."

He shook his head, "Well, it doesn't really matter. Camilla was a bitch anyway. Joe deserved someone so much better," he looked at me with widened eyes before he continued, "someone like you! You're perfect for him!"

I immediately declined, "Nope, sorry! No can do. I've got a boyfriend that I'm madly in love with. Plus I think my brother and his band mates would kill me if I was dating one of the Jonas Brothers...either that or they'd kill YOUR brother."

He shook his head, "No need. It was just a suggestion. Being just friends with him is okay." He paused for a moment and then asked, "Who is your brother, anyway? You know who mine are...it's only fair if I know who yours is."

I grinned in response before saying, "I actually have two older brothers. My big brother Matt, who doesn't really do much now. He recently either quit or got kicked out of his band, The Dear & Departed. My other brother, Zacky, plays rhythm guitar for Avenged Sevenfold! His band mates are like older brothers too, except Johnny - he gets really annoying."

His eyes widened in shock. He stuttered, "You're Ariana Baker?"

I nodded, "The one and only!"

He regained his composure and asked another question, "Have you decided if you wanted to go on tour with me and my brothers yet?"

Okay...I'm confused again. I responded, "I don't know. My manager only mentioned Honor Society."

He slapped himself on the head before he said, "They are coming on tour, but they're just supporting acts along with Jordin Sparks. You'd be the opening act for all of the tour dates. Oh, and it's a world tour."

I shrieked, "A world tour! I've always wanted to go to Europe! Zacky never takes me anywhere outside of the country! Of course I'll go!"

He laughed, "Okay, then! I'll call the tour manager and let him know you've accepted."

I laughed as well, "Thanks, and sorry about freaking out just now. I just got really excited at the thought of actually being able to go outside of the United States for once in my life...and on my first tour too!"

He laughed at me again. Then I realized something.

"Oh shit, I have to tell Brent now."

Nick raised his very thin eyebrow at me and asked, "Who's Brent?"

I let out a nervous laugh, "My boyfriend."