Sequel: I Come Alive

Human After All

Error 10; Something About Us

"The Magnet game?" Joshua said while his master lifted Joshua's hands up in front of him. Then he just barely pulled his hands away from Joshua's.

"Yeah. Y'know how a magnet has two sides to it, and when you try to push the negative sides together, they repel each other?" Beau whispered slightly as his fingers just barely trailed over his soft skin. "Well, that's what this game is. We try to get as close as possible without -hic- touching." Joshua nodded gently while Beau's hands made the gesture as though to cup his chin. "Wanna play?" He said against Joshua's skin.

"I-If you want to, master." Joshua stuttered. Beau smiled.

"Good."

Beau's hand's were already 'traveling' down Joshua's sides, a ghosting feeling dragging across Joshua's shirt. Joshua, unsure how to play at first, hovered his fingers over Beau's cheeks. Joshua longed for his master's touch, even just an embrace. It was like he wasn't there in front of him, Joshua thought, and he didn't like that feeling.

Beau leaned closer, and his lips were just barely grazing over Joshua's cheeks. His hot breaths lingered upon Joshua's skin. Beau's breath hitched in his throat, and it seemed like his hiccups had magically disappeared. It was only he and Joshua sitting together now. He didn't even know if Dahlia, Leslie and Kiyah were still watching. He kind of didn't care either.

Beau let out an impatient breath before he placed his hands on Joshua's waist. Joshua squeaked and giggled.

"You lost, master." Joshua said. Beau's lips were near Joshua's.

"I don't care."

Joshua's hands locked together behind his master's neck, and Beau pulled Joshua onto his waist. Joshua squeaked again, his breathing becoming faster, more erratic as Beau leaned closer. He had never kissed his master on the lips as he had seen Drew do. What would it be like?

Beau was ready to lock his lips together with Joshua's, to make them fit each other like a puzzle piece. His bottom lip grazed Joshua's, and Joshua gasped quietly. Beau took this as a sign to slow down, so instead, he trailed soft kisses along Joshua's cheek. Joshua didn't gasp or squeak this time when Beau kissed the corner of his lips. Beau's hands were rubbing circles around his sides to coax him into the kiss just a bit more.

Just as Beau's lips grazed along Joshua's again, their hot breaths the only thing between them, there came a loud ding from the computer. Joshua jumped at the sound, and Beau sighed heavily. He pulled away, although not before he kissed Joshua's cheek ever-so-gently. Joshua felt something within his core tangle up when they were close, almost like there was something fluttering in his stomach, as ridiculous as it seemed.

"Really." Beau said sarcastically. Whatever alcohol had been in his bloodstream had been washed away, either by lust or by sudden disappointment. Whatever the reason was, Beau was now sober, and had a slight back ache from when he rolled off the couch. Being drunk had its repercussions, he guessed. That was what he got for being so stupid anyways.

When Beau sat up to stare at his computer, he was greeted by yet another red screen.

Hello again, stranger.


Beau huffed angrily. Ethylon had no right to hack into his computer again, especially while he wasn't even on the damn server! Beau knew Ethylon had a skilled hacking bot, but that didn't mean he could just butt into Beau's life whenever he felt like it.

You're ruining my life.

Stop being so over dramatic. I haven't even done anything but say hello.

At the worst times ever. Shouldn't you be on the run or something like that?

I found a good hiding spot. They'll never find me. Unless you out me, Beau. But you wouldn't do that, would you?

I'm thinking about it.

Aw, c'mon.... I didn't even do anything to you.... Are you done throwing a fit?

....I'm not five.

Then stop acting like it.
Are you ready to do a favor for me? If you're worried about the government
they won't
know you were the one who sent
the email.
I really need this, Beau. The government may have you
convinced
that i'm the bad guy here, but I'm
not.


Beau sat down at his desk, pulling the keyboard into his own lap. Beau tried cracking his neck again, but failed and it resulted in a pain that shot through his neck. Joshua heard his master groan, and he pulled up a chair, sitting behind Beau at the computer screen. Joshua placed his hands on the back of his master's neck.

"May I, master?" He asked. Beau nodded, although he told him he didn't have to do it either, and then Joshua pressed his thumbs, rolling the tender flesh under his fingers. Beau sighed softly before he continued to speak to Ethylon.

So what are you, Ethylon? Are you this
bloodthirsty
murderer that the government says you are,
or is the government just
playing you?

I knew you would
be hard to convince.
Listen up. I'll tell you my story after you send these codes.
Please just do it
for me.

I hardly know you. All I know is
that you're some
'lethal, armed and extremely dangerous criminal'
who believes he is
innocent.


Beau paused, sighing once again as Joshua continued to push his fingers in between pressure points on his neck.

I could go to bion just for speaking to you, Ethylon.

That hasn't stopped you. You're still talking to me right now, and
you'll keep talking to me until you get
tired of me.

....Give me the stupid codes. I'll email them.
Don't tell me your life story, Ethylon.
Just give me the IP address and the codes. I'll get it done.
But you can't threaten my bots anymore. Joshua almost lost everything because of your stupid robot.

Joshua... Is that your bot's name? Sounds...
innocent.

I swear, if you do anything so much as
utter
his name to yourself, I will
hunt you down and
kill you
myself.


Beau could imagine Ethylon laughing with his blonde hair and deceivingly innocent green eyes.

I'm sure you would.
I don't doubt your love for the bot.
I respect that.
The codes are coming your way. The IP address should be encrypted in there. Just hit the
'enter' key and it will automatically be sent to the
IP address.
No trace to your or your precious bot.

Thank you, Beau.

Don't thank me.

You don't realize it, but you're saving my life.

Really, it's okay.

Perhaps we'll met in the future. Until then, Beau Homem-Christo.
-Ethylon.


Then the red screen disappeared again, and Beau sighed a heavy breath of relief. Did he really just chat with a criminal everybody thought was dangerous? Apparently. But why was he claiming to be innocent? He's so obviously guilty of the demise of District 16, he should be so lucky to not be shot on sight when a solar sailor finds him.

Although the idea was puzzling, Beau realized he was almost falling asleep while Joshua was massaging his shoulders. He was like putty in Joshua's hands.

"Oh, Joshua, I apologize. It's so late." He murmurs. "I didn't realize how late it was."

"It's all right, master." Joshua nods. "Would you like me to go to bed as well?"

"If it's okay." Beau said. Joshua nodded again, and Beau cups his chin, kissing Joshua's cheek softly. His lips as soft as feathers soothed Joshua. "You too, girls." Beau said past Joshua to Dahlia and Leslie who were sitting on the counter, and Kiyah who was babbling away to the teddy bear in her arms. It seemed that now that she could talk, well, she just couldn't stop!

The girls agreed and walked away to Beau's bedroom, instead of Joshua. Beau embraced Joshua while it still rained outside. It was a bit louder than the other night though. Beau pecked another kiss on Joshua's cheek before sending him off in the direction of his own bedroom.

Image

Joshua couldn't sleep. The window near his bed would flash as lightning did in the background. Thunder crashed like glass shattering on the ground, and the rain just pitter-pattered over the roof of the apartments. Joshua wasn't used to this kind of weather. He had grown accustomed to the sunny days, windy afternoons and the slightly chilly nights. There hadn't been rain, and Joshua usually fell asleep to the sound of music, but tonight, the room was silent.

Joshua crept out of his bed, carefully tip-toeing over the wood floor. He was careful to miss the spots of the floor that creaked before he reached his master's door. His hand stretched out for the doorknob, but then he remembered the night with Drew and Beau, and he hesitated. Should he knock first? That would wake his master up, but Joshua was just going to wake him anyways.

So Joshua brought his knuckles down on the hard door. Not even two seconds later, he heard a reply from Beau.

"Come in."

The door opened swiftly, and Joshua peeked his head into the room. Beau laid on his bed, arms behind his head, although he wasn't asleep. He had been awake for the last few hours, picking his brain for something, a hint perhaps, that Ethylon could have given him. But he was gratefully interrupted by Joshua.

Beau had his blanket pulled over his chest, but he didn't wear a shirt. Beau liked colder nights. He always had a feverish body temperature anyways, which was why he only used silk blankets. They kept the coolness of the air, and they weren't too heavy to make it seem like he was suffocating from warmth.

"Master, I apologize." Joshua whispered. Beau motioned from him to walk in, and there came another flash of lightning that illuminated Beau's face perfectly. Joshua gulped quietly. "I couldn't sleep. The rain, it bothers me. I apologize, but—"

"C'mon." Beau patted his bed. Joshua felt that fluttering feeling in his stomach as he had before. "I wasn't asleep anyways."

Joshua nodded, carefully slipping past the girls. Beau moved his blanket away from the bed, and Joshua slid in under the covers. Another shattering sound of thunder and Joshua squeaked hiding his head behind a pillow. No, no, Joshua didn't like the rain one bit.

Beau's arms snaked around Joshua's sides, and he pulled Joshua into his chest. Joshua leaned his head on Beau's warm chest, staring at a few ink markings that he hadn't ever had the chance to see. Beau's fingers traced along the outline of one inking.

"What are these called, master?" Joshua whispered. Beau looked down at what Joshua was pointing at.

"Tattoos."

"Tattoos." Joshua repeated quietly. He thought about how warm his master was. "Are you always sick, master? You are constantly warm...."

"No." Beau whispered. "I've always been like this. Does it scare you?" Joshua shook his head quickly. In fact, he was a bit jealous. He could not be this warm. While he wasn't freezing, his body would never be as warm as Beau's. He could wrap his arm around Beau's to receive some of his warmth, but not enough for his entire body.

"Go to sleep, Joshua." Beau mumbled, running his fingers softly through Joshua's feathery hair. "It's just a bit of rain, and I'll be here when you wake up."

"Okay." Joshua said sleepily. "Are you going to sleep as well, master? You seem very tired...."

"I'm just thinking of other things. I will sleep soon."

"Promise?" Joshua looked up at Beau who was already staring down at his bot.

"I promise."

Then Joshua fell into a deep sleep with his master's arms caressing his frail body.

Image

After a rather pleasant morning, Joshua asked his master if he could see Troia that morning. It had been a few nights since they had spoken. She was probably worried about him, and he just as worried for her. He wanted her to be okay, although he wished she would be out of there rather than just okay.

"What are you gonna say when you see her?" Beau asked. His fingers were locked together with Joshua's, as they walked down the sidewalk. Many people cooed loudly while they walked together while others simply gave a smile. That was how Beau preferred it. He was never one to make a big scene about relationships. He was either in one or he wasn't.

Was this really a relationship though? The idea was nerve wracking. Did Joshua love him enough to be in a relationship with him? Was Beau ready to admit that he really loved a bot? Even he could not answer that. He guessed it would become clearer as time went on.

"I don't—"

"Don't touch me!" There came a loud squeal of a woman's voice that Joshua immediately recognized. He jerked his hand away from Beau's, looking around desperately for the source of the voice. There came a deafening shatter of glass.

"Joshua." Beau said cautiously. There was a solar sailor's car sitting in front of the coffee shop Troia worked at. Beau pulled Joshua away. "Joshua, please stay here. The solar sailors—"

"Stop touching me!" There was another loud shout, and then Beau recognized the voice; it was Troia's. She was shouting, and there was a loud thrashing before the door to the coffee shop opened. A few solar sailors walked out empty handed.

"What's going on, master?"

"I—"

"Joshua!" Troia screamed from the arms of a solar sailor. Joshua gasped, and without thinking, ran over to Troia's side.

"No, Troia, where are you going?"

"Make them stop, Joshua." Her voice was nothing greater than a squeak. She squirmed in their firm arms, and it didn't make much difference. Troia used the heel of her shoe to kick a solar sailor, who in turn slapped her hard across the face. She gasped audibly, letting her gaze to fall back to the ground. They threw her into the car, and then slammed it behind them, as though she were a piece of trash.

"Hey." Joshua grabbed onto one of them. "Where are you taking her?" His voice was a bit firmer than it usually was. "Where are you taking her?"

One of them turned and pulled off his glasses.

"Said robot is suspect of harboring fugitives Ethylon Wright and Lejend. She will be held until fugitives are caught."

"What are you gonna do to her?" Joshua asked quickly, brushing off his master's attempts to catch his attention.

"Possible deactivation."

Joshua squeaked, and Beau jerked him away from the scene. He had to get out of there while he still had his robot. Asking too many questions of the government raised suspicion.

"Master!" Joshua said, burying his face in Beau's chest. Beau stroked his hair softly, rubbing small circles on his hips to coax him as well. "Master, th-they're going to deactivate her."

Beau nodded slowly, kissing the top of his bot's head.

"She'll come back, Joshua." He whispered. Joshua doubted it however, and Beau could sense that. He could feel the doubt. "I'm sure of it." Joshua whimpered, leaning his head closer to his master's chest. He didn't mind staying like that.

While Beau never liked the solar sailors, he knew they had to pay now. They slapped his bot's companion, and nearly threatened his own. They would pay.

And he would make them pay with a bit of Ethylon's help.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you, Skeleton_kitten1313, Sucks For You, and forever;yours for commenting :) I love all of your support♥

Hope you enjoyed! And yay for 16 subscribers~
Haha, but yeah, they still haven't kissed. :3

—Sonshine.♥