Sequel: I Come Alive

Human After All

Error 11; Nightvision

After whimpering and nearly sobbing for two hours, Joshua finally curled up into a little ball and fell into a deep slumber, although Beau could still hear him gasping quietly in his sleep. Beau was already getting onto the server without Joshua. It seemed as though that even when Troia wasn't his own robot, like he was being violated as well. Maybe it was because Joshua was his own robot was hurt, and that affected him more than anything.

Finally that red screen popped up, but Ethylon was not the first one to say anything this time.

Let's meet.


Beau waited patiently for Ethylon to respond. He chewed on his fingernails to pass the time, and after three minutes did fly by, there came a response.

What's with the sudden
eagerness?
I heard about that fembot being
taken away
by the solar sailors today.
Is that what
set you off?

She was a companion to Joshua. He's
traumatized.
I need your help.
Will you do it?
You owe me
one.

So what's with the whole
'let's meet'? You really
want to risk being caught
trying to get help from
me?

It's yes or no, Ethylon.
I need something from you.
I want to learn
why you think you're
innocent. Explain to me
why the government is out to
get you.
Then you can help me.
We'll be allies.

Since I've placed my
life in your hands once already
I guess it wouldn't hurt
to become allies.
But I swear if you turn on me,
I will make your life a
living hell.
Got it?

Same to you.
Where do we meet

Go to Machinatio. I'm hiding at
Automate.
Tell the woman at the front
that you're looking for
'Yana'. Don't ask
what it's about, okay?
She'll lead you to a room. You'll
find us playing blackjack.
..
Bring your bot too.


Beau furrowed his brows together. Why should he bring Joshua? He just fell asleep anyways.... He would feel a bit guilty if he just woke Joshua up and told him to suck it up. But he was doing this for Joshua's good, so maybe he should after all.

Fine. We'll try to be there at
midnight.
Sound good?

Don't get caught, lover boy.
Solar sailors just want an
excuse to shoot the district people on sight.
Try to keep low so they don't see you.

Yeah, yeah, I'm not a complete idiot. See you soon.

Oh, and Beau?

Yeah.

Make sure nobody is following you.
People are suspicious.
Anyone could be watching.

You got it.


Then the red screen disappeared. Beau looked at the corner of his computer screen. It was only 3 p.m. He still had nine hours to kill. Beau chewed on his bottom lip before slipping out of his seat.

"Master, where are you going?" Dahlia said. Beau picked her up, messing with her pink curls of hair. "Joshua doesn't seem well."

"I know. I think I'm gonna lay in bed with him for a little while. You girls be careful okay."

"Okay!" squeaked Kiyah instead of Dahlia. Beau smiled, kissing the top of her head gently before opening the door to Joshua's room. He tip-toed inside, clicking the door shut behind him. Joshua opened one eye at the sound, rubbing his other carefully.

"Master." Joshua said quietly. "I apologize. I've been asleep for far too long."

Beau hushed him, slipping into the bed with him. Although he didn't do anything but intertwine his fingers with Joshua's, it was better than being alone any day.

"We're gonna get Troia back." Beau mumbled. Joshua looked at his master with sad, dejected eyes. He leaned forward, resting his head on his master's side. "We're going to leave at midnight tonight, Joshua."

"For what?" Joshua said softly.

"You know the criminal the solar sailors are searching for?"

"Yes." Joshua nodded quickly, sitting up carefully so he was looking down at his master. "Did they find him, master?"

"No." Beau shook his head. "But I found him. He's the one who has been getting into my servers. We're gonna pay him a visit and he's going to help us get Troia back."

Joshua squeaked quietly, his usually cheerful smile turning into a frown. "But master.... He is a criminal.... Why are we working with him?" Joshua leaned over his master. "Wouldn't turning him in be easier? I apologize for asking so many questions, but..... I do not understand."

Beau sighed gently, running his fingers through his black locks of hair. He hadn't taken a shower last night. Maybe he should take one, he thought. But Machinatio was a dirty town, a part of District 3 that wasn't exactly clean and proper. There used to be mining around there, but they abandoned that project long ago. Now children around there played in the dirt, and the adults weren't exactly prim anyways. It was a part of town people didn't enjoy much anymore unless they were either half-drunk or half out of their minds. No wonder Ethylon was hiding there. Beau bet the solar sailors were even reluctant to go in there.

"It's really hard to explain." Beau said. He pulled Joshua down next to him, running his fingers through Joshua's hair while whispering softly to him, "Go to sleep."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that this chapter was so much shorter than my others, but for a good purpose. (:

My commenters are awesome♥ I wubwub you all!
Oh, and yay for 19 subscribers and 21 comments :D

—Sonshine.♥