Sequel: I Come Alive

Human After All

Error 20; Recognizer

The doctor grabbed the a small flashlight he would use to study Jaydin's ear. Jaydin squirmed uncomfortably, especially when the doctor studied her intact, but bruised ear. The doctor murmured things to himself before pulling away with a small smile on his face.

"And you say you can't hear out of that ear?" The doctor said, cocking his head slightly so the moppy mess of hair fell to the right.

"Huh?" Jaydin joked. She was still nervous though, obviously thinking about Leighlan. Beau was still worried as well, but he was sure that Leighlan was smart enough to pick what information to use against them. Beau was also sure that Leighlan was probably using Ethylon as leverage for his life. Everybody wanted to get Ethylon, after all.

"You're gonna feel a pinch." The doctor said as he wiped a bit of alcohol upon her arm before pointing a syringe at one of her barely visible veins. The needle disappeared into her flesh, emptied and flicked out in a matter of seconds. The doctor smiled, throwing the syringe into a waste bag and placing a small bandage upon Jaydin's arm. Jaydin hissed to herself.

"It burns." She said, scratching at her arm.

"That's normal." The doctor said. "The burning should be gone in a half an hour or something. Your hearing should come back in an hour. Don't be scared if it starts ringing a bit. That's completely natural." The doctor paused, pushing his hair out of his perfectly awkward face. He just seemed like a nerdy doctor. "May I ask how the partial deafening happened?"

"I thought this was no questions asked." Beau butted in quickly. Already he was on edge because he left Joshua with the girls at home with six locks on the door. Six locks! He didn't trust anybody, especially not Ethylon. It wouldn't be out of Ethylon's nature to snitch something like where one of the bots on the hit list was hiding.

"Curiosity killed the cat." The doctor replied. "But you are free to go. Thanks, Jaydin." He said after glancing at a clipboard in his arms. Jaydin hopped off of a table, staring at Beau with pleading eyes, silently saying that she wanted to leave. Beau nodded, locking his arm together with hers. Like a sister now, he felt that he and Jaydin were all they had at the moment. They had no way to speak to Leighlan, no way to get to Lejend, and Beau was desperate to find a way to get them back.

They walked silently past two solar sailors. Jaydin hid her face with her hood just in case the sailors recognized her and her hurt ear, but they made no extra movements, even when Beau glanced back at them and smirked. Way to drop suspicion, Beau thought after he did it. Way to go.

Jaydin didn't wait three seconds after they left the hospital to start becoming nervous again.

"Beau, how are we going to get them back?" She said quickly. "I'm not sure Leighlan can handle what they're doing..... He's strong, but not that strong."

Beau swallowed his words, just staring at his dirty shoes. He was nervous and definitely worried about the solar sailors at each corner of the sidewalk. They weren't searching for somebody specific, but they could never be too careful.

"I don't know.... Jaydin." Beau said with a smile. "Jaydin, we may just have to hack the system and get them back ourselves. Like what I did with Ethylon."

She looked at Beau, almost uncomfortably, but she gave a smile. "Really?"

"Yeah. I mean, we're just.... I don' know, we can't sit around anymore. We've gotta do something."

Jaydin threw her arms around Beau, smiling to herself with a satisfied blush on her face.

"Tomorrow night." Beau said. "We're gonna do it tomorrow night."

"Okay." Jaydin nodded, hiding her face with her gray hoodie. She was on edge just as much as Beau was. He didn't blame her for wanting to be just a bit more careful than usual.

Image

A vase shattered as Beau searched every crevice of his house, desperately trying to find the source of a spy. Anything in the slightest; a camera, a voice recorder, anything like that would just prove to him that that was how they figured out where Jaydin and Leighlan were. He figured out while laying in bed with Joshua that the only way they could have figured out where Leighlan and them were is if they bugged his home. Lejend wasn't so reckless as to just run out in the middle of the night without planning it out carefully first.

Jaydin searched the kitchen, throwing spoons, knives and forks around the kitchen. Joshua sat in Beau's bedroom, twiddling his fingers awkwardly while the apartment around him was being torn off of its foundation. The sound of a band his master liked called Foster the People played in the background through crashes of glass and the loud thumps of wood. Joshua thought of how lucky he was that the apartments were sound-proof, both inside and outside. The only way you could hear someone is if you were pressed up against the window, and nobody could really do that. An animal, maybe, but what would an animal do?

From outside the window, the songbird ceased its harmonious singing and took flight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short for a reason c;

Once again, I think (not completely sure, though) I'm going to skip updating tomorrow because I'll probably have a shitload of homework (I played hooky from school today), but the next chapter will be long, trust me :3

Yay for my amazing commenters! :D
Oh and before any of you say anything, no, Jaydin and Beau weren't flirting.
—Sonshine.♥