Status: Not finished

Love Seems to Find a Way

And outside, it looks like rain

I took the keys out of the door lock opening the door and walked in kicking my shoes off. I could hear father's yelling coming from living room. Maybe if I was quiet enough I could slide past him without notice. Just one more step...-

"What do you think you're doing?" An angry voice sounded behind me. Damn.

"Just going to my room to do my homework." I said turning around to face the man that's not my dad.

"Homework my ass, why did your school call saying you skipped yesterday?" I sure could use a miracle right about now...

I got sick..." I lied, "The teacher must have marked me absent when I showed up late." I stated trying to cover my ass. By now he was fuming and surprised he hasn't exploded by the redness printed on his face.

"Andy I don't give a fuck whether your sick or not, it makes me look bad!" I don't think you need me to do that... He crept over to me and ripped my bag from my hands before I could protest.

"You fucking liar, there's not even any books in here!" He ripped the bag open pulling out the only thing that was in there, which happened to be my lyric book. He skimmed through it, his face distorting ever so slightly after ripping a few pages out throwing them to the floor.

"No wonder you don't have any friends is because you write disturbing shit like this." He spat throwing the book at me before kicking the bag down the hall.

"Get out of my fuckin' face!" He shoved me against the wall heading into the kitchen. I picked the torn pieces of paper off the floor sighing heavily before making my way to my room, picking my bag up on the way.

I closed the door behind me plopping down on my bed with a quiet groan letting my stuff fall to the floor. God did I need to get out of this place. Day after day after day, same shit over and over again. Why can't thinks go back to the way they where when everything was nice? What happened when I was a kid and my mom and dad got along so well and I had a best friend and life was just peachy. Oh. That's right, I grew up...

I sat up glancing out of the window at the dark sky. I wanted to get out but where would I go? I didn't belong anywhere, nobody wanted me. I got up and walked over to my window, resting my hands on the pane. Well there was one place I could go... I was my friend's house old friend's house. Chance. He was my best friend when I was younger, we lived near each other by a woods and I'd walk to his house almost everyday and play at his house. Most of the times I'd end up spending the night because his parents loved me. His dad would take us out in the woods and and let us play ice hockey on a frozen pond during winter.

That was the best time of my life, until Chance's mom died of cancer when we were 12. After she died Chance moved a few months later, then I did too. Now I'm here, in this hell hole. I haven't seen chance since, god did I miss him, he was really my only friend. I think it's time I pay the house a visit.
I grabbed my car keys and crawled out the window to avoid confrontation with my dad, though he probably was passed out drunk by now. I successfully drove out of the driveway and started towards the house.

It was a good 20 minutes before I finally got there. I was about to pull in the driveway when I realized there was already a car parked there, someone must have moved in already. Disappointed, I parked my car across the street and starred over at the house. I slipped my eyes closed and smiled at the thought of me and Chance running around the house dressed up as Batman and Robin. I let out a soft sigh, but this one of content, and even a little bit of happiness.

Soon I was ripped out of my day dreaming by a loud shatter. My eyes ripped open seeing the front window scattered out in pieces across the lawn with a guy laying in the middle of it all. He got up and brushed himself off a few moments later. I narrowed my eyes at the person only to find out it wasn't some 'guy' it was Ashley. He's the one who lives here? What looked like his mom appeared at at the front door with a bag.

"Get out of here, you're useless!" She screamed throwing the bag at Ashley's feet. He picked it up before turning around looking directly at my car as if he knew I was there. Fuck. I started my car and was about to take off before Ashley could say anything to me until he appeared at the front of my car. He tried saying something but I didn't care to listen, I just kept staring down. He walked up to the side of my window and tapped on it lightly with one of his knuckles. I guess I couldn't really avoid him now, could I? I rolled down the window looking up to meet his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" He sounded confused. Almost as much as I was.

"None of your business."

"W-Where you following me?" My eyes widened.

"No! I- Just what do you want?" I sighed.

"A ride... And possibly a place to stay for the night."

"Sorry I can't help you." I said starting to roll my window up. his hand moved on top of it making me stop before I seriously hurt him.

Common Andy... Please. I have now one else to go to." i rolled my eyes at his pleading voice and sighed caving in.

"Fine get in." He let out a smiles in my defeat and got in the passengers seat. I drove off without saying a word. I chewed at my lip turning down a few roads I faintly even remembered I knew I was on the verge of getting lost but I didn't want to say anything. Maybe I didn't have to. he'd have to ask where we where going eventually.

After 5 minutes of pointless driving I glanced over at Ashley, he looked like a mess. He was slumped over in the seat with his arms wrapped around his bag and head slumped over on his shoulder, eyes closed. I swallowed looking back at the road.

"So where am I taking you?" I said, my voice shaky. I heard him mumble something under his breath before he moved his head up looking at me.

"Where ever you want to take me." Well that's nice where do you want me to take you? I sighed quietly but kept driving. I could see Ashley rest his head in his hands and rub the bridge of his nose from the corner of my eyes.

"Look I know you hate me, so just let me out here." The words caught me off guard causing me to slam on the breaks making Ashley's head fly forward.

"I don't hate you..." I whispered.

"Well you sure act like it!" I could hear the agitation is his voice, he was about to start yelling. He almost sounded like my dad... I sighed, if only he had the slightest clue about me.

"Just-... Look I can't just drop you off here, isn't there anyone you can stay with?" I said trying to ease off the topic. He shook his head.

"I'm new in the town. I don't know anyone." I rolled my eyes, yeah he was right. "Why can't I stay with you?" He asked.

"Get out." I said quickly. He looked at me in disbelief, I just kept starring ahead of me trying to ignore my screaming thoughts. After a few minutes of silence he finally got out. I watched him as he walked to the park I stopped in front of and lay down on the bench setting up his bag as a pillow, before taking off. What the hell did I just do?

I drove back home and climbed back through my window. I couldn't get my mind off of Ashley for anything, no matter how hard I tried. I did feel a little guilty, no a lot, that I left him sleeping in some park but what was I suppose to do? My dad would have my ass if he caught someone else sleeping in his house. I crawled in my bed and pulled the covers over my head. Looks like another night. Alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I forgot about this story! Sorry!
Thank you iloveandybiersack1 and morganpurdygirl1 for the comments, or else I probably would have never remembered this.
I promise to update more c: ♥
More comments mean more updates! :D