Status: Not finished

Love Seems to Find a Way

I'm Not Okay

I had finished up the dishes after dinner and hung the damp towel on the kitchen rack before starting towards my room. As soon as I stepped out of the kitchen a hand pulled me right back in, but this hand was gentle, soft. My mother’s hand. I turned around to look down at her with confusion as sorrow spilled out on her face.

“What’s wrong ma?” She took a deep breath before opening her mouth to start.

“Your father… keeps getting worse and there’s nothing I can do to make him happy anymore and I think it’s time we think about moving out soon.”

The thought of moving out really didn’t shock me and I was actually glad to hear her saying this. I wanted to get away from my dad just as much as she needed too. I was totally on bored with this, until she had carried out her ‘plan’.

“I think we should move to Florida.”

My eyes nearly jumped out of my head, “Where there? Why can’t we stay here in Ohio?” I protested. I mean I hated this town but I had my band and it wasn’t giving up on them now. The thought of leaving them was seriously bothering me.

“Because you know my job doesn’t pay good enough for the both off us to live on our own, and plus I have a sister there that said she’d be willing to let us live with her until we get back up on our feet.” I was fuming on the inside and it was becoming more evident as my voice faltered as I talked.

“I can get a job, and it’ll pay well. Just please don’t make me move from here.” She sighed rubbing the bridge of her nose between her thumb and finger.

“Well hurry Andy, I can’t stand your father anymore, and I’m sure you know exactly how I feel.”

I nodded smiling a little, “Thank you mom.” I hugged her tight and let out a big breath.

~~

I woke up Saturday morning to a throbbing headache. I rubbed my head while heading to the bathroom. I took a quick shower before putting on a little makeup and straightening my hair some. I went back to my room and plopped down on my bed with a heavy sigh, holding my head in my hands. I glanced over to the bass Jon had given me before moving my hand bring the bass over to my lap.
Somehow I got this back after the car wrecked, though it was no good to me now, it was pretty bent up from being tossed around in the backseat of my car when it flipped. Thant’s when it hit me; I can get a job at the music store. It was perfect. Finally something would be for a change.

I made my way down the hallway, kissing my mom on the forehead mumbling I was going out to go get a job, just loud enough for just us to hear. She smiled at me before waving me goodbye. I was heading to the door when a loud voice yelled behind me, startling me.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I turned around to face the man that’s not my father and looked up to his glare.

“I’m going over to Jake’s house to practice with my band.” He laughed.

“You and that pathetic emo little band of yours isn’t going anywhere kid.” He said tugging at my hair rather hard. I pulled his grip from my hair and threw his arm back at him.

“Don’t you touch me!” I yelled causing my dad to growl as his rugged hand slapped my face leaving my eyes watering.

He scoffed and pushed me out of the door, “Go to that stupid band practice and get out of my face!”

He slammed the door shut followed by a faint click of the door locking. I brushed my fingers through my hair before rubbing my cheek feeling where he had slapped me start to sting. I walked off the porch to my dad’s car and pulled out of the drive way, squealing the tires Just to piss him off. He swung the door open and started yelling to the top of his lungs until his face started to fluctuate into a crimson color. I’m sure the neighbors got a good dose of my dad that day. He started running towards the car, I let him get pretty close before slamming on the gas pedal leaving him in a fog of exhaust fumes, smirking at him through the rear view mirror.

“Thanks for letting me borrow the car!” I yelled out of the window. I was going to pay for it the next time I saw it but it was worth it.

I walked up to the doors of the music shop only to find them locked. Weird, they’re always open on the weekends. I looked inside and saw Jon piling up some boxes.

“Jon.” I yelled banging on the door.. He looked up and made his way over to the door, opening them up for me.

“Andy, uh come in.” I could tell something was up from the moment he started talking, he didn’t even look me in the eyes.

I walked in glancing around the store seeing everything all packed up. Jon walked in front of me with his head hung low. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked down at him.

“Jon this isn’t what I think it is. Please tell me I’m wrong.” He looked up at me sighing.

“I’m sorry Andy, I know you love this place just as much as I do but you’re right… This place is officially out of business.”

I had to close my eyes to keep tears from falling. I loved this place as much as Chance’s old house. This place was my Band-Aid when I fell down and scrapped my knee, I couldn’t just give this pace up, this was the only place I felt right to be who I am, but I didn’t have a choice. So much for things being perfect.

“Hey it’s alright, don’t feel so down Andy…” Jon’s voice brought me to open my eyes, only to let a tear fall down my cheek. Dammit. I quickly wiped it off before Jon pulled me into a tight hug. I didn’t hesitate to wrap my arms back around him and lay my head on his shoulder.

“What if I ever need you?” I asked mumbling softly before pulling my head back to look at him.

“Then just call me.” He said taking out a piece of paper with numbers scrawled out on it. I nodded sniffling lightly, and took the piece of paper putting it in my wallet knowing I’d be sure not to lose it. I stuck the wallet back in my pocket.

“Well hey, I got something for ya.” Jon said going behind a few boxes, “ I was hoping you’d show up today so I could give you this.” He pulled the stingray bass out along the same portable amp.

“Since I never sold it before the shop shut down I figured you deserved this.” My eyes widened, softening slightly.

“Jon…-“

“No Andy, really, it’s yours now take it. Just don’t tell anyone, I’ll get my head chopped off.” I gave a stifled laugh nodding my head and took it in my hands.

“Thank you Jon.”

“No problem.” He smiled.

“No I mean for everything, listening to me and helping me through some hard times, not just this.”
‘Andy, it’s my pleasure, you’re like my son.” I smiled softly rubbing my thumb over a cord.

“It means a lot…” I trailed off as Jon started stacking up some more boxes.

I decided since this was the last time I’d be able to come here, I’d help him pack, though most of the stuff was already in boxes. I worked with Jon piling up the last of the boxes in the front of the store in silence. So much for getting a job here, so much for staying in Ohio, and so much for thinking things could be perfect for once.

I could feel more tears sting at my eyes watching Jon put the ‘out of business’ sign up on the front window.

“I’m gonna miss this place…” I whispered, surprised to find that Jon heard me when he chimed in with a ‘me too’. I wiped my running nose with the back of my hand before giving Jon another hug.

“I’ll uh, give you a call soon.” He nodded pulling his arms back.

“I’ll see you soon.” I picked my amp back up odd the ground with my bass already in my other hand before heading back to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Little bit of a sad chapter :p but things will look up for poor Andy pretty soon.

Title credit to MCR since they broke up :c Today is just a sad day..

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ♥