Status: Complete. :D

You Light up My World

What Makes you Beautiful

Harry strode into onto the beach at a leisurely pace, the sun already blistering on his pale British shoulders. His shirt he had left in the car and he immediately regretted it, it was freaking hot out here.

“Water!” Niall shouted somewhere behind him, but not for long. The blonde kid raced quickly ahead of him, hopping as the sand scorched his pale feet.

“Sun screen!” Liam screeched, taking off after him. “Those pasty shoulders will blister in a second.”

“Thanks, mum!” Niall howled, ducking under a wave as Liam tackled him, attempting to open the bottle with one hand, his legs wrapped around Niall’s skinny waist.

“Just looking out for you, mate,” Liam informed him, tossing the bottle to the sand when he was finished. Niall waved at the guys that weren’t in the water and Liam took advantage of the opportunity to push Niall’s head deep under the salt water. Niall emerged sputtering and dove at his cackling friend, seeking revenge.

“Girls, six o’clock,” Louis informed Harry, cheekily grinning when the girls caught him staring. He waved them over easily; Louis was anything but shy. He was different from Harry in that way. Not that Harry was afraid of girls, sometimes he just preferred to have them come to him rather than him have to make a move.

“Hullo,” Louis called as the girls neared. The closest one, auburn hair and swinging hips, was the first one to talk.

“Hey,” She gave Louis an obvious once over, “What’s up?”

“Hanging with my mate,” Louis threw an arm over Harry’s shoulders but he was too occupied to push him off at the moment. Something had caught his eye at the very back of the trio, a girl, and shy by the looks of her. Her brunette fringe was covering her face and her face was downcast, more than anything Harry wanted to know what colour her eyes were.
Harry clambered up, suddenly taken over by the feeling that that he needed to put this girl at ease.

“Oy!” Louis yelled, startling the flirtatious girl next to him. Harry ignored him and stepped over to the girl, “I’m Harry.” He introduced himself, chuckling as she blushed.

“I’m not going to bite, I promise.” Harry told her, grinning when she laughed.

“Ana,” She stuck out her hand and Harry grasped her tiny fingers, shaking them in greeting. He immediately noticed her American accent.

Harry glanced over at Louis and Zayn, who was now talking to the third female. “Do you want to get out of here?” He asked, nudging Ana slightly.

“Oh god, yes.” The girl breathed, “They’ve been dragging me up and down this freaking beach all day.”

Harry laughed and pointed them away from the water, towards the busy board walk. “Is there okay?” He asked, indicating their destination to her.

Ana nodded, “Any where is better than here.” She told him, tucking her hair behind her ear.
“So what brings you to England?” Harry asked as they started their journey, “Are you on holiday?”

“Holi-?” She started puzzled, and then laughed; Harry shot a look at her sideways.

“I’m sorry,” She gasped, still chortling, “I didn’t mean to offend you!”

Harry shrugged, smiling himself. It would take a lot more than that to offend him.

“Yes, I’m on vaca- holiday.” She indicated back to where her friends were conversing. “Those loons decided that it would be a good idea to drag me here.”
“And how do you like it?” Harry asked politely.

Ana looked up at him from under her fringe, and Harry noticed her startling green eyes, “It’s looking up.” She told him.

--

“You’re insecure, don’t know what for,
You’re turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or.
Don’t need make-up to cover up,
Being the way that you are is eno-o-ough.

Everyone else in the room can see it,
Everyone else but yo-ou.”


The words vibrated through the stadium, screamed by girls and sung by Harry and the band he was a part of, One Direction.

“Ana,” Harry thought as his solo crept closer. The song was a huge hit, something he hadn’t expected when he had wrote it. It had started scribbled out on a wrinkled piece of paper in his bedroom, him anxious to get his thoughts written down.

He had never experienced writers block with this song, as he had with some of the others. All he needed was to think of Ana’s stunning eyes and the inspiration flooded back to him in an instant.

“Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed.
But when you smile at the ground it aint hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful.”


The fans shrieked with adrenaline and dove at the stage, instantly stopped by One Direction’s body guards. Harry acknowledged the crowd with a smile and wave. The band owed everything to them and they constantly let their fans know how much they meant to them.

“That’s what makes you beautiful.”


The last note rang out and the guys subtly glanced at each other, excitement coursing through them. It didn’t matter how many times they sang that song, it always got the same response; and they all loved singing it. Its’ catchy tune and sweet lyrics could always lift their moods.

“We’re One Direction and that’s all for us!” Louis shouted, saluting the screaming crowd.

“Thanks for coming out!” Niall sang, giggling; thanks to the large mass of candy he had eaten before and during the show.

“We love you all!” The boys chorused then headed off stage, pounding each other’s backs in congratulations. To them, nothing felt better than completing a successful show.

Just then Harry’s phone rang, his ringtone bouncing off the close walls. “Hullo?” He asked, not taking the time to look at the caller id.

“Harry?” The voice asked, “How was the show?”

He grinned, he should have known. Ana always made sure to call after a show. “Great, they loved the song I wrote for you.”

Harry could imagine her blushing as she shyly chuckled. “I love that song.” She told him.

“I love you.” Harry told her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realize that Harry did not write What Makes you Beautiful, but for this storys sake; he did.

It's rushed in a few places because I needed to get it up for the contest, but enjoy. :D