(I'll Stand With You) Through The Gates of Hell

Capitulo Diez

Gerard's P.O.V

I glanced up at the small building nervously. “Did I do anything wrong?” I asked out loud as I knew in a matter of minutes half of my hair would be gone.

“What do you mean?” Helena stated as she looked at me , confused.

Yes, we had managed find our way around the tiny town. With a few problems here and there. But here we were , right?

“Because maybe I did something wrong and karma is out to get me.” I responded quite honestly.

Helena chuckled softly, “C’mon , Gee.” She replied as she took me by the hand and led me in. I loved it when she laughed or even just smiled. It made her look very much alive.

We stepped in what looked like a very hip hair salon. The walls were painted a metallic grey as Worhol-ish art hanged on the walls. I took a good glance at the entire place never noticing a chick in about her early twenties had approached us.

“Hi , were you guys sent here by Frank Iero?” She asked. She had red highlights and a few tattoos.

“Yeah ,” Helena responded. “But it’s for him.” She continued as she pointed at me.

I looked up. “Hey.” I greeted as I put my hand up.

“Glad to meet you. My name’s Michelle and I guess you could say I’m responsible for Frank’s hair.” She presented herself.

Both Helena and I shook her hand.

“I’m Gerard.”

“I’m Helena.”

“Well, I’m just going to get some stuff ready and then I’ll sit you down.” She explained.

“Sure.” I replied.

Once Michelle was out of the picture Helena turned at me suspiciously. “Are you okay?” She asked me. “’Cause back there when I grabbed your hand it was well kinda…nevermind.” She cut herself off as she shook her head.

I think I knew what she meant. Yeah , maybe my palm had been a little sweaty. But how could I help it? My thoughts drifted away on how I had never fallen in love with her before. She was perfect. Even if she seemed like exactly the opposite.

“Um, Gerard?” I heard Michelle call me. “You can come sit down , now.”

An annoyed groan escaped my throat. Helena gave me a pat on the shoulder before I handed her my jacket and walked over to the chair.

“So, how do you want it cut?” Michelle asked as she began wetting my hair with a small watre-filled sprayer.

“Uhh..just make it look like I did cut it short while not actually cutting it short.” I told her.

Wait , did that even make sense?

Helena’s P.O.V

“ You are so over-dramatic , Gee!” I teased. I said that because everytime a piece of Gerard’s hair got snipped off , he twitched making it seem like it was actually causing him pain.

“You don’t understand.” He mumbled jokingly as his excuse.

“Oh don’t you say that Gerard Way! Remember when my parents made me cut off my bangs back in middle school? How’s that for understanding!” I argued.

He simply scrunched up his face like a bunny as another one of his locks hit the ground.

“”So do you know Frank just as a customer or..?” I asked Michelle.

“Well , actually Frank’s a really good friend of my younger sister.” She explained.

“Oh,really?” I stated.

“Yeah , actually you can totally tell he has a huge crush on her since like forever. But you didn’t hear that from me.” She confessed.

“Oh, really?” Gerard chimed in this time. He laughed unexpectedly after.

A few minutes later Michelle had finished up on Gerard.

“There ya go.” She called out as she gave the chair a twist so I could take a better look at him.

Wow. It was quite a change. His black hair went right below his ears. You could see more of his pale smooth face. On his forehead the strands that were swept to the left. He looked good in a very handsome way.

A few minutes later we were thanking Michelle and heading out the door. The next thing we had to do was also not very pleasant. We had to find a department store and buy some clothes for the Homecoming dance. It was a shame Hot Topic didn’t have a formal clothing.

Gerard immediately pulled on the hood of his jacket , hiding his new haircut. I rolled my eyes at him. But we were both so typically lacking self-confidence. I pulled his hood off.

“C’mon Gee , you look good , trust me.” I said with a smile. He smiled back one of those smiles you are made to show.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha. I liked this chapter. and Gerard's haircut is like the one in that picture of him at the VMA's a couple of years ago. so in other words , hot ;)

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to my best friend Mau ..thanks for never changing and thank you for allowing me to trust you..your the best , kid. :)

well thanks for reading as always..:)