(I'll Stand With You) Through The Gates of Hell

Capitulo Nueve

Helena’s P.O.V:

Gerard flipped his hair out of his face befor bringing up a lighter to the cigarette he was holding with his mouth. He put out the hand with the Marlboro box. I gladly took one as he passed me the bright red lighter.

“How do you still get this stuff?” I asked him curiously since I knew it was hard to get out of this place without permission.

He winked at me confidently. “I have my ways.” He responded with that bit of mystique in his tone.

We kept walking down the road, trying to find where the closest bus stop was. But we weren’t very good at it so far.

“So how do you wanna get your hair cut?” I began as I ruffled his big mess of a hair that in a secret way I had began thinking it was very attractive.

“Eh,” he shrugged “As long as it’s not the haircut I had throughout all middle school.” He muttered.

“Hey , hey! That Beatles’ mop top was perfect for head banging Paul McCartney style!” I recalled going into a giggle fit.

He turned to me with a face that didn’t look amused. But I knew he was joking when his mouth broke into an adorable smile.

“Paul McCartney dosen’t head bang.” He corrected , taking a bit of a laugh out of it himself.

“Well, I don’t want you to get a cut by some Sweeney Todd-like dude. So lemme see, who has good hair?” I asked myself and partially Gerard as I tapped my fingers on the edge of my phone.

“Sweeney Todd’s cool.” Was his response.

I smiled as I took out my cell phone and looked for a certain number on speed-dial.

“What do you want?!” Frank’s annoyed yet sleepy voice came from the other end of my phone.

“Hey Frank.. Sorry to wake you up.” I replied sheepishly. It was kind of early.

I kept an eye on Gerard as I had actually revealed I was talking to Frank. He seemed okay. I smiled to myself knowing that atleast some tension was over.

“Hey Helena. It’s okay. So now that I’m up. What can I do for you?” He asked getting a bit more curtious.

“Where do you get your hair cut?” I questioned knowing it was a stupid question.

“Over by downtown.” He responded. Apparently he was still half-asleep because Gerard and I had only been here a few weeks , c’mon.

I rolled my eyes even though no one would see it. “Frank be more specific. I mean we don’t even know where the actual town is since we are in the middle of nowhere!” I complained as I looked around me noticing that what I had just said was completely true. I sighed furstratedly.

“Okay! Okay!..um, look I’ll call the hair place I got to and tell them you’re going.” He said in a groan.

“Well it’s for Gerard..” I mentioned. Gerard turned my way at the sound of his name. He ,very casually, came up to me and took out my Ipod which was in my jacket’s pocket. He put on only one of the little white headphones.

“Oh…It’s for Gerard.” He reapeted , understanding.

“But what about directions?” I asked again. I hated to be a bother and all but..

“Just take the bus and get off at Hawthorne Boulevard and walk two blocks down to Astoria street. The place is small but you can’t miss it.” He explained.

“Okay. Thanks, Frank.” I thanked only hoping we would find our way around.

“Yeah. No problem. Just I’m gonna go back to…” He couldn’t finish his sentence as the last word slurred. I heard the beep alerting he had hung up.

“Sleep.” I muttered out loud finishing his sentence.

I walked up to Gerard who was busy singing a Bob Dylan song. Desolation Row. I wondered a bit since that’s not excatly his type of music. But his voice clinged to high and low notes of the song perfectly.

His voice was strong and edgy with a small moment at the end of each group words that just gripped you. He was also pretty tuned up.

“You sing good!” I exclaimed as I gave him a small nudge. Of course I knew this since he played Peter Pan in the 4th grade. He managed to sing his heart out that day. While in that school production I had managed to score the silent 3 minute part of the dog.

He smiled shyly as his cheeks truned a rosy pink. “ So the bus stop is..where?” He asked as we were at the school boundaries.

“Over there!” I yelled as I began running in that direction.

“Where?!” Gerard questioned once again as he broke into a run behind me.

I stopped and groaned at what I was watching. “Over there , where that bus just left.” I said pointing to the bus that had just started to become smaller and smaller as it drove away.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay okay..here's another short and not very good chapter..
but i promise the story is going to start getting better very soon :)
feedback greatly appreciated :D
xoxo,breakonthru

p.s: Bamboozle Left was fucking amazing!