Status: Read Authors Note, please and thank you!

Not All Treasure Is Silver and Gold

Chapter 3

Robin didn’t know what to do. It was either stand there or flee. Fleeing sounded promising.

Robin huffed and threw her hair over her shoulder. The heat beating down on them was enough for Robin to break a sweat. She eyes the surrounding women with their fans enviously. Though she knew she wasn’t the only suffering female.

Elizabeth and Governor Swann stood a foot in front of her, stalk still as they watched the ceremony. Robin was itching to pull out her phone and play Scrabble since she was so bored, but couldn’t possibly since there were watching eyes all around her. So she went from glancing at the ceremony to watching Elizabeth fan herself profusely.

‘Glad I’m not in a corset.’ Robin thought.

But her thoughts wandered elsewhere…

‘What the hell am I doing here!’ Robin went over various scenarios on how such a thing was possible. 1. She was having the longest, realest dream of her life. 2. The door she went into was a time-machine. 3. She was transported into the TV Willy Wonka style. Or…and her favorite, 4. She fell to her death when she opened that door and this was her personal heaven. ‘Whatever is going on, I might as well enjoy it.’

The ceremony was over and Robin snuck off to the area she later realizes is where Elizabeth will topple over. Robin leans over the edge to let what little breeze come cool her off.

Wiping sweat from her brow, Robin finally pulled out her phone. A little red icon blinked at the top corner of the screen.

NO SIGNAL

“Ah, hell.” She muttered and went to the camera. She snapped a couple of shots of the ceremony, making sure to get the Swann’s in the frame. She then turned back around and took pictures of the marvelous ocean view she rarely saw, zooming in to get the ships below where the docks were. Robin caught sight of movement on one boat and gasped as she zoomed in.

“Captain Jack Sparrow!” She said giddily, snapping a few shots. “It’s really him?”

“Who?”

Robin nearly dropped her phone to its watery death as she turned to see Elizabeth. “Jesus. You scared me!”

Elizabeth gave her an appalled look, “Excuse me?”

Robin chuckled out of nervousness and returned her cellular to her pocket. She noticed Elizabeth’s wandering eyes and wasn’t surprised when she asked, “What was that?”

Robin looked at her with her best wide-eyed innocent look, “What was what?”

Elizabeth eyed her pocket, “That black device. What was it?”

Robin let out another nervous chuckle, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Elizabeth.” Robin cringed at Norrington’s voice. Elizabeth frowned and turned around to reveal the new Commodore. He caught sight of Robin and stammered to correct himself, “Miss Swann, might I have a word.”

Elizabeth fanned herself, “Of course, Commodore.” Though she made no notion of moving from her place beside Robin. Robin stood there, waiting for them to leave and when she finally caught on Norrington’s glaring eyes were already on her.

Norrington cleared his throat, “How about some privacy, Miss Turner?”

Robin resisted the urge to roll her eyes and spat at him, “Wow. Okay. Sorry.” She said monotonously before walking a few feet away.

Robin again leaned over the stone pillar, squinting her eyes to get a look at the infamous Captain. But alas, her eyes didn’t have a zoom button so Robin was stuck with the tiny shape of three men arguing on a boat.

“I can’t breathe” was whispered harshly in her ear. Taken aback, Robin turned her head to see a faint Elizabeth Swann leaning her way. “Robin, I can’t –“

Robin always wanted to skydive. It sounded exciting! But if it was anything like what she experienced in that moment, she’d cross that off her bucket list.

The weight of a full grown women wearing a heavy gown was not anywhere close to what Robin could bench press. So as Elizabeth fainted into the arms of the surprised eighteen year old, it came as no surprise that they were plummeting to the ocean below. Robin was thankful she didn’t see it coming as she crashed into the water, because she could’ve very well died of a heart attack.

Cold. Cold and wet and suffocating. Those would be the words to describe how Robin felt. She was completely panicking as she sunk into the dark abyss with a heavy Elizabeth holding her down. As soon as they met the sandy floor Robin kicked off with all her might to get Elizabeth off. The woman didn’t budge. Robin kept back a scream that sounded in her throat, watching the bubbles leave through her nose and looking to the glittering surface for help.

A literal weight was then lifted off her shoulders and something tugged at her arm and tugged her free. She barely caught a glimpse of the figure who helped her before her body floated up.

Once breaking through the surface of the water, Robin swallowed the air hungrily with a short cry.

“Over here! Over here!”

No longer panicking but still short of breath and weak, Robin swan to the two guards whose names escaped her at that moment. She reached out to them and they pulled her up with ease. Robin crawled onto the deck before collapsing onto her back and breathing heavily. She stared up at the sky to calm herself, noticing the sun was no longer beating down so intensely.

Robin faintly heard the splashed of who she now figured out was Captain Jack Sparrow saving Elizabeth Swann, even though her heart pounded loudly in her ears.

“Never would’ve thought of that.” Said either Murtogg or Mallory, Robin wasn’t sure. She tilted her head to try and catch a glimpse of Captain Jack Sparrow. That soon proved not to be at all necessary since a dark shadow hovered over her and Robin met the gaze of the infamous pirate.

It may be because she had a near death experience, but looking into those brown eyes Robin swore time stopped. Or at the very least that this handsome pirate, with his long dreads hanging over her like a protective curtain, could hear her heart too.

To Robin’s disappointment, he only locked eyes with her for a second before taking more interest to her chest. ‘Way to ruin a moment, Captain.’ Robin though bitterly before the pirate did something that completely took Robin off guard.

With a steady hand, he plucked up a weight that Robin assumed was her necklace and held it in his hand. “Where did you get that?” His words drawled out in wonder. Robin caught sight of the gold in his hand and the designs upon it. She gasped.

“Shoot him!”

The captain stood up abruptly as guns were pointed at him by the guards who finally made it to the dock.

Robin stayed seated, flipping the medallion in her hands. On its front and back was a skull of sorts. It was an exact replica of the Aztec gold from the movie. ‘It was not like this when I put it on!’ Robin thought.

“Robin!” A voice hissed at her. It was Elizabeth, crouching down to pull Robin to her feet. Elizabeth caught sight of the medallion and tuck it into Robin’s shirt. Robin didn’t know what to be more surprised about. That Elizabeth was all knowing or that she thought she could invade her bubble like that. Robin chose the latter as she stared at the woman bewildered. Elizabeth obliviously pulled Robin with her to her father’s side.

“You are without a doubt the worst pirate I have ever heard of.” Norrington remarked and Robin finally began to pay attention to what was going on. In time to see Captain Jack Sparrow grin.

“But you have heard of me.”

Robin allowed herself to admire him for the briefest of moments. He was considerably taller than Robin. His skin was also a russet tan. It made her smile that in person she was able to take note of all this and admire even the bits of beads and charms dangling with his hair. Including the goatee she figured no one else would be able to pull it off as well as he did. But before she could look at him any longer, Jack was being dragged away by Norrington.

“Ugh, Norrington.” Robin rolled her eyes.

“Commodore!” Elizabeth shouted and to Robin’s surprise she pulled on her wrist to follow on their heels. “I really must protest! Pirate or not, this man saved our lives!” Elizabeth pulled Robin to her side as if to add to the point she was making. Norrington caught sight of Robin and again glared daggers at her.

Robin glared back, “Yeah, okay, you don’t care about me! But ya know, if you were paying more attention to Elizabeth, none of this would’ve –!“ She blurted out before being cut off as Elizabeth took a step forth and moved closer to Norrington.

Elizabeth spoke softly, “James, please.”

In one swift movement, Captain Jack Sparrow had his chain locked hands around Elizabeth’s throat. Robin’s face was just as bewildered as the rest. She scrunched her bows in confusion, “Now I’m pretty sure there was a quote missing in this scene.” She muttered, though no one heard her.

“No! Don’t shoot!”

Robin waved off Governor Swann, “No, not that quote.” Not that her words were heard by anyone since all eyes were on Elizabeth Swann and Captain Jack Sparrow.

“Commodore Norrington, my effects please – and my hat!” Sparrow commanded. Robin stifled a laugh at his request for his hat.

“Gets me every time.” She mumbled whilst grinning to herself.

“Commodore!” With that last demanding shout, Norrington scurried to get Jack’s things.

Robin barely heard the Captain’s next drawl of “Miss Swann, if you’d be so kind” because per usual of watching this scene, Robin felt a pang of jealousy. Just a slight fan girl sort of jealousy. Nothing like a real life infatuation but close enough to where Robin felt the need to look anywhere but at them.

“Gentleman!” Captain Jack Sparrow shouted abruptly, bringing Robin’s attention back to the scene at hand and look up at the pirate. Not her best move. Sparrow’s eyes seemed to bore into hers, a spark of interest in them as he nodded in her direction, “Milady.” Robin felt the need to look away, but even as his gaze averted from her, Robin kept her eyes on him. “You will always remember this as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I've bought a new laptop!! That means, more updates because I can now write/type and post! This news makes me happy, because my other stories won't have to be on hold! Yaaaay!
C'mon... be as excited as meee......!!!

Well anyway, this chapter finally introduced Jack, unlike in the first story where it was like BAM! Jack right away. You probably noticed that I wrote out 'Captain Jack Sparrow' like every time. It's for a good reason, trust me, I wouldn't type it alllllll out if I didn't think it was for a good reason. If you didn't notice, well I guess you'll take note of it now. That is if you read this...
Again, I REEEALLY hope you like this rewrite! I like it oh so much, and I want my readers to enjoy it too.

Thanks for reading! and seriously, thanks for the comments and reads and recs if applied to you.