Status: Read Authors Note, please and thank you!

Not All Treasure Is Silver and Gold

Chapter 5

"I'm not going."

A pair of blue eyes that equally matched her own glared at Robin. "You most certainly are."

Robin rolled her eyes, "I told you, mom. I'm taking a year off."

"What do you need a year off for? To bum around?"

"Not really. I'm thinking of it as a time for self-exploration."

"And what the hell is that suppose to mean?"

"I'm finding myself. You know, spiritually and ecumenically."

"Oh, wake up Robin!"

Robin scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion. 'She never said that. She said "grow up".

"Robin, wake up."

Robin's eyes snapped open and met, not blue eyes like hers mother's or her own, but a pair of brown eyes belonging to one William Turner. Robin's eyes then wandered around, taking in her surroundings. She was inside the smithy, sitting down, her back against the sooty walls where she fell asleep.

"Robin." Will said once more, drawing the 18 year old's attention back to him, "Are you alright?" He asked whilst pulling her into a standing position.

Robin nodded, dusting any soot off of her clothing. "Yeah, I think so." She muttered, still in a daze.

William grabbed her arm and examined it with those concerned puppy dog eyes. "What happened to you?"

Robin followed his gaze to her arm and saw the cuts and bruises that defaced her skin. "Oh, that?" Robin pulled her hand away from William, "I fell."

His gaze then turned skeptical, "You fell?"

Robin shrugged, "It was a long fall."

Will raised his eyebrows in confusion but simply said, "Run that under some water. I have to go see Governor Swann." Not waiting for a reply, Will headed for the door.

"Okay." Robin mumbled, glancing around the forge, "Where exactly is the sink?" She called out to Will. Her eyes met with the door slamming shut behind William. Robin sighed, glanced at her arm and then shrugged, "I'll be fine."

Robin ran after Will, who was walking with a lot of determination towards the Port Royal fort. "Hey!" Robin called out to him, "Slow down, I'm coming with you."

Will glanced over his shoulder, shook his head and kept at his fast pace. Robin scoffed and jogged up beside him. When Robin was at the same pace as him, he spoke, "They've taken Elizabeth, Robin. I have to tell Governor Swann."

"And you think he doesn't already know his daughter was taken by pirates?" Robin asked him with obvious sarcasm. William ignored her and approached said Governor... and guess who was standing beside him? Robin grimaced, "Ugh, Norrington."

"They've taken her! They've taken Elizabeth!"

Robin knew what came next as she stood next to Will silently. "Mr. Murtogg, remove this man." Norrington ordered without even at glance at William. Murtogg strode up to the two all confidently and grabbed at Robin's arm since she was closer to him. Robin snatched her arm away from the buffoon of a soldier, which quite surprised him as he backed off momentarily.

"We have to hunt them down! We must save her!" Will said frantically, completely ignoring Murtogg.

"And where do you purpose we start?" Governor Swann interjected, "If you have any information concerning my daughter, please share it."

"Well," Robin began, "I don't know about you all, but I know that there is a certain pirate locked up on this port that could be of some use." Robin spoke loud enough to where only William should’ve heard her so would give up on these people already. Norrington’s ear twitched at the sound of Robin’s voice, but continued to ignore the supposed siblings.

Will's brown eyes sparked with realization, but Murtogg beat him to the punch line, "That Jack Sparrow. He talked about The Black Pearl."

Norrington, as usual, hardly seemed interested in this information as Mullroy retorted, "Mentioned it is more what he did."

William scowled, "Ask him where it is! Make a deal with him."

"Or you could." Robin muttered softly to Will.

"No." Norrington sighed loudly. "The Pirates who invaded this fort left Sparrow locked in his cell, ergo, they are not his allies." He turned away from Will and began talking to Governor Swann.

"Will." Robin spoke softly, she could clearly tell, even though she already knew, that he was getting very upset. "You're wasting your time with -"

William slammed his hatchet onto the wooden surface between him and Norrington. "That's not good enough!" Robin's eyes widened at the suddenness of his actions, even if it was expected, and took a step back.

Norrington pulled the hatchet from the table and strode around towards William with obvious annoyance plastered on his face, "Mr. Turner, you are not a military man, you are not a sailor." Norrington looked upon William inferiorly, while also giving a quick glance in Robin's direction. "You are a blacksmith." He grabbed hold of Will's arm aggressively, shoving him away and in turn shoving William into Robin. Will instinctively put his free arm up between her shoulder blades to make sure Robin didn't stumble. "And this is not time for rash actions."

Robin and Will shared the same glare while Norrington spoke in a hushed voice, "Do not make the mistake of thinking that you are the only man here that cares for Elizabeth." It was a sort of dismal after that as he handed the hatchet back to William.

After a moment, William slid the hatchet into a loop on his trousers and walked quickly away. Robin was right on his heels.

"Are we off to speak to Captain Jack Sparrow?" Robin questioned eagerly, although she again knew the answer. She simply felt the need to say something to perhaps ease William's anger that so obviously radiated off of him at that moment.

He let out a long sigh as he kept at his normal pace. "I am going to speak to the pirate." His eyes wandered to Robin's arm and those worried brown eyes returned briefly, "You need to get yourself patched up."

Robin didn’t even glance at her arm before shrugging and replying, "What are a couple of scratches and bruises? No big deal." Robin immediately felt her body ache at her words; her skin felt sore and she really could’ve used a patch up and even a nap. But Robin wasn't about to miss a chance to see the infamous pirate once more, perhaps for a little longer.

William stopped abruptly. Ahead a small brick building stood... well, half stood, there was clearly a gaping hole in one of the walls. Will locked eyes with Robin, “If you must continue to follow me like you’re five years old again, I beg you to please wait outside.”

Robin’s mouth had went from wide open in astonishment at his little insult to a pouty frown at his request. She folded her arms, ready to protest. William cut her off, “Keep watch out here, if you feel the need to be of use.” His voice held the same tone Norrington had used on him, like Robin was obviously his inferior.

Robin rolled her eyes and waved her hand in the direction of the ramshackle, “Well go, hurry up and free the pirate!”

Will furrowed his brows and scoffed out in shock, “Do you really think I’m going to free that pirate?”

Robin paused for a second, befuddled momentarily, before leting out a nervous laugh, “What I meant to say was, go ask him where the Black Pearl is going...!” She said with a pump of her fist.

With a shake of his head, Will turned over his shoulder and stalked off. Robin sighed and muttered to herself, “Stop ruining the plot line, Robin. You’re confusing these unaware characters.”

Once William disappeared through the door, Robin took this opportunity to lean against the hubble. Something she would do often, as most teenagers do, she fished out her cellphone to ease the setting boredom. Looking down at it, it looked completely fine, until realization set in. “The water!” Robin pouted as she attempted to turn on the cellular device, but it remained black and dead. “It was in my pocket when I fell in the water.” She let out a sad sigh and shoved her phone back in her pocket before crossing her arms and peering out at her surroundings. While the sight may have been breathtaking, considering Robin was still getting used to a seaside view, that boredom had set and Robin was itching to go inside.

With a final shrug, Robin sauntered into the building and down the stairs, making sure to make as little noise as possible.

“Do we have an accord?” She heard a very familiar voice drawl out. Robin couldn’t help but smile, knowing she’d be faced with Captain Jack Sparrow again. ‘Try not to get too starstruck, Robin!’ She thought to herself, a small grin forming on her face as she walked down the last step. Robin managed to step into view just as William was shaking the pirate’s hand.

She attempted to walk closer, but her foot collided with a stone that sent out an echoing sound. William quickly let go of the Captain’s hand and turned to face the source of the noise. At first, William looked like he was prepared to fight, but once laying his eyes on Robin a look of disappointment graced his features.

“I thought I told you to wait outside.” William spat out.

Robin rolled her eyes, she really did hate superiority figures. “You also told me, and I quote, ‘do you really think I’m going to free that pirate?’ But alas, it looks like you’ve agreed to do so.” Robin said with a fiesty smirk.

“Who is this?” Captain Jack Sparrow asked in confusion. Robin finally took this opporunity to look at the pirate. She locked eyes with him, her blue orbs looking into his brown ones. Goosebumps formed on her skin, she could not get over that he was really there, in the flesh.

“My sister.” William replied, still glaring at Robin.

The pirate gave William a wide-eyed surprised, and quite comical, look. He then returned his attention to Robin and squinted his eyes at her whilst pointing a ringed finger at the girl, “You were the lass that fell in the water.” Robin felt a twinge of excitement go through her, he was talking to her, and yet she was unable to reply right away.

“What?” Will asked, finally turning his glaring eyes away from Robin and to Captain Jack Sparrow. The Captain on the other hand kept his eyes on her, they wandered down to look at her neck.

“You were the lass with the -”

“Medallion.” Robin finished for him, finally finding her voice yet only able to say a single word. She instinctively put her hand to her neck, feeling the absence of the necklace her grandmother had given her. Which turned out to be the Aztec gold in this dimension.

Will turned back to Robin, flailing his arm out in the process, “What is he talking about?”

Robin blinked her eyes away from gazing at the pirate and shook her head at Will. “Nothing.” Robin found it much easier to talk to William than to Captain Jack Sparrow, “Weren’t you going to spring him from his cell so he can take you to your bonny lass?” She asked, with an innocent grin.

Will scowled, “How long were you standing there?”

Robin contained a laugh and shrugged, flicking her hand at him in a dismissive way, “Go ahead and do your fancy mechanics.”

With yet another shake of his head, William used a lever like mechanism to lift the gate and peel it away. Captain Jack Sparrow immediately retreated from the cell. “Hurry, someone will have heard that.”

“Not without his effects.” Robin muttered under her breath as the Captain said the same out loud. She grinned and shook her head, “Gotta love the POTC dialogue.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: I know! I'm a terrible person! I took forever to post a chapter and then all you get is this small chapter to which has a horrible title because I couldn't think of a good one because it was short! UGH. I give you permission to slap me...