Status: Read Authors Note, please and thank you!

Not All Treasure Is Silver and Gold

Chapter 9

Robin frowned as William led her towards the Tortuga harbor where the Interceptor awaited. The sky was black with all but the bright moon to reflect light on the island. Her eyes met Will’s. “Where exactly did Sparrow run off to?”

William shook his head, peeling his eyes away to stare forward, “He said he had personal business to attend to.”

Robin pursed her lips and she stared down at her boots as they continued to walk in silence. Not before long, the sound of the ocean water sloshing against the ships and under the dock met their ears. Robin looked up and watched Will’s back as he ascended onto the ship with her right behind him.

“I suspect the ‘captain’ won’t be coming back anytime soon.” William remarked once their feet met the floor of the Interceptor. His hands motioned towards the Captain’s quarters. “Why not sleep on an actual bed tonight, hm?” Will inquired, a small smile on his lips.

Robin gave a chortle and stretched her arms up towards the sky as she skipped towards the Captain’s quarters. “That sounds lovely.” She sang before turning the knob and striding in.

Naturally the room was quite dark, but the moon shone through the small window illuminated the large oak desk that was set in front of it. As Robin’s pupils adjusted she noticed a map laid out on the desk along with some parchment paper as if a Port Royal sailor was going to return anytime now to get back to their nautical business. Her eyes scanned the rest of the room; they grazed over the rather dull portraits that hung on the walls until they landed on the full sized bed with a bedside table beside it.

Behind her, William lit one of the oil lamps, bringing a more fluorescent light into the room. He then brushed past her towards a couple of other doors Robin had yet to take notice of. He opened one of them and revealed a metal tub with a bucket beside it. He shut that door before Robin could see anymore and then opened the other and revealed yet another room; although, it was hardly a room and more of a giant closet with a twin sized bed. “First mates room.” She heard him mumble to himself in confirmation. Will turned to Robin, “Which bed would you like?”

Robin smirked and bounced towards the full sized bed, “The full, of course.”

Will furrowed his eyebrows. “The full?”

Robin let out a nervous laugh, “Listen to me, I’m sleep deprived.” She recovered before taking a seat on the bed, “I’ll be taking this one.” She nodded matter-of-factly. William still had that befuddled look on his face but he nodded curtly and walked further into the other room to turn on a lantern in there.

Robin sighed and pulled off her boots with a huff and they fell to the ground with a soft thud. She then took off her socks, folded them and laid them on the bedside table. Robin had half a mind to undress, she normally went to bed in less clothing, but figured that was probably not the best idea due to her circumstance. She glanced over her shoulder at William. It appeared he just got the lantern on as well, for he turned to look at Robin at nearly the same time.

“Sleep well.” He told her with a tight smile. Clearly, he was still stressing over his beloved.

Robin nodded and met his smile with her own. “Goodnight.” She called back. He nodded, his eyes looking very far away once he broke his gaze with her, and shut the door. Robin stood up from the bed and went to shut the main door. But not before she had a quick peek around at the deck. It was so empty and eerily quiet. Robin could picture the ghostly, skeletal pirates at work on this very ship. Thankfully, she wasn’t dealing with that, Elizabeth was.

She shook her head, smiling to herself as she closed the door and headed back for the bed. Robin welcomed the comfort the century old bed had to offer. Before she knew it, she was drifting off to sleep. Albeit, she wasn’t all that comfortable at first as she tossed and turned and at one point, without even realizing it, peeled off her blouse and threw it at the foot of the bed. Soon though, the blackness of sleep sunk in.

Light seeped in through the small window, casting a light that danced across Robin’s face. Her eyes squinted and Robin turned her head away from the brightness. Her eyes then landed on a full length mirror that she was now standing in front of. Robin gazed at her reflection, her eyebrows furrowing at what she was looking at.

Robin was no longer dressed in her modern day clothing, but rather in a white chemise. Robin glanced down at her own body and was even more befuddled to find that she was still wearing her long sleeved shirt and jeggings. Why on Earth did her reflection show something entirely different? She glanced back up at her reflection, the facial expression reflected didn’t show at all how she felt.

The reflected Robin began to open her mouth. Robin’s own eyes widened as her reflection mouthed something to her.

“What?” Robin shouted at her reflection, her eyes still wide in disbelief.

The reflection lifted one of their arms and waved Robin closer. Without so much as a second thought, Robin immediately strode closer to the mirror, her nose nearly touching the glass.

“You’re going to forget.”

Robin’s eyes snapped open, her breathing hitched up as if she had just emerged from under water. She was still laying on the bed in the Captain’s quarters, her body facing towards the two doors, one of which William was surely behind. There was no mirror. Robin rolled from her side onto her back, staring up at the ceiling. She let out a loud huff and pulled the sheet that was covering her over her head.

“Would you stop moving?” a voice drawled.

Robin’s body tensed up before immediately sitting up, letting the sheet fall away from her as she gazed to her side. There, laying on his back with his hat covering his face, was none other than Captain Jack Sparrow.

Robin let out a squeak and nearly fell onto the floor in an attempt to get out of the bed. As soon as she got her footing, she found her voice, “What are you doing?!”

“What does it look like?” He grumbled from under his hat. The pirate then reached up to remove it and glare at the girl. “I’m trying to get some shut eye.”

“You can’t sleep here.” Robin hissed at him, crossing her arms over her chest. Her eyes widened once more when she didn’t feel the familiar material of clothing under her arms. She glanced down and realized she was no longer wearing her long sleeved shirt, but her nude colored bra. She could already feel the Captain’s eyes on her as she begrudgingly stared back at him.

“Well,” He began with a smirk, “I didn’t notice that earlier.”

Robin furrowed her eyebrows, unsure of his double meaning words. Her eyes frantically searched around for her blouse before finding it by the pirates boots. She crawled across the bed and snatched up the material. She shook it accusingly at the pirate. “Did you undress me?”

Captain Jack Sparrow slowly drew his eyes away from her torso to meet her glare with a grin, “Now under different circumstances, I wouldn’t doubt that I did, but as for this time, I can say with confidence that I did not.”

Robin scowled and hit him with her shirt, her cheeks heating up in embarrassment. She hopped off the bed and faced away from the pirate to tug her blouse back on. She watched the door to the first mate’s cabin with weary eyes.

When she turned back around, she was surprised to find that Sparrow’s eyes were still watching her in mild amusement. She pressed her lips together in the hopes of hiding her embarrassment and quickly gathered her boots and socks, put them on and headed for the main door.

“Where are you going, lass?” Captain Jack Sparrow finally spoke up as she reached for the knob. She paused, his voice sending goosebumps up her arms.

Robin glanced over her shoulder to meet the pirate’s brown eyes. “I don’t know about you, but when my brother wakes, I’d rather him not catch me with you, alone.” She found herself blurting out.

The captain cocked a brow at this, “Because consorting with a pirate is so distasteful to you type.”

It was Robin’s turn to quirk a brow. She moved her hand away from the knob to fully face him. “My type? And what might that be? Wholesome and dreadfully boring?” Robin retorted.

Sparrow grinned in amusement and laid his head back down on the pillow, his eyes watching the ceiling. “That’s right.”

Robin rolled her eyes, “Well, for your information, this is me,” Robin motioned to the door, “saving you from a brother’s wrath.”

The pirate glanced back at her, his eyebrows raised, “I can’t say I’d be all that frightened of any wrath that could come from the young Will Turner.”

Robin scoffed and crossed her arms, “As if you don’t scare easily.”

Captain Jack Sparrow locked eyes with Robin in a deadly sensuous stare, “You seem a bit scared yourself.” Robin couldn’t help but be captivated by his stare. Her arms fell to her sides and she attempted to look anywhere but at the pirate.

“Uh…” Robin again turned to open the door, “goodnight.” She stammered out before making a quick retreat.

She was greeted with the salty air and dim twilight sky that floated over the Interceptor. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves. That was yet another long conversation Robin was able to hold with the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow; and she came out of it feeling like she couldn’t breath.

Robin took a few steps away from the Captain’s quarters and cupped her face in her hands. “Get ahold of yourself, Robin.” She mumbled to herself. “What would your brother think?” She found herself saying before quickly furrowing her eyebrows. It only occurred to her now how easily it had become in the past few minutes to refer to William as her brother. “Weird…”

Robin took this early morning opportunity to explore the rest of the ship. After an hour or so, when she returned she was greeted with a disgruntled Will Turner.

“Would you mind telling me why I found Jack in bed instead of you?” He quickly asked.

“Well, good morning to you too.” Robin quipped, before shrugging her shoulders, “I don’t know, I had no idea he was in there.” Robin lied. “I woke up really early and went exploring a bit. He must’ve went in once I was gone.”

Will didn’t look convinced, but nodded before saying, “We’re going to shore soon, to meet the ‘able bodied crew’.”

Robin clapped her hands together. “Fun.” She remarked with a laugh. Although, inside, she felt a twinge of dread at having to face Captain Jack Sparrow soon. Her embarrassment still lingered.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW! I KNOW! I KNOW! Where the hell have I been? Let me get right into that: SCHOOL, MAN! School kept me super busy, and even though I'm still stressing over school during my winter break, I tried to get back into my writing mode to dish out some updates. And as hard as that was, trust me it was HARD, I did!

I know this is short, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless! Spot any errors? Let me know!