Status: Work in progreesss :D

The Ghost of You

Chapter 3

**Victoria's POV**

Some times I found myself thinking about James in ways I usually thought about Mark. Wondering what James' hands would feel like running through my hair, or his lips on mine; but when I caught myself thinking these things I had to force my mind to other matters such as homework or when dad would come home and help me find a job. Everyday we were losing money due to mom always being at the bar. Why couldn't she just have a job like a normal human being? Why did she have to be an alcoholic? I know why...because her step mom always beat her and told her she was as useless waste of space. Of course if mom's step mother hadn't passed away I would have given her a piece of my mind a long time ago.

I could see my locker coming into view. There was something written on it but it was hard to make out. As I got closer I could sort of read what it said, "He was never yours" was spray painted in big black letters. "What the actual fuck?!", i dropped my bag on the floor and ran to my locker. As I reached my locker an alarm sounded. A foreign alarm I had never heard the school use before. It was urgent and whiny, not like a fire bell. Before I knew what was going on all the classroom doors where being shut and locked. I ran to the nearest classroom, I could feel fear and confusion twist in my gut like a snake trying to free itself from the talons of a predator. I banged on the blue-grey door. At first with my right hand. When no one answered I started pounding with both fists, desperately trying to get inside. To get to safety.
I ran back to my bag, opened it up and tossed aside my History, biology, and Calculus text books. They would only weigh me down. With a quick look around the hall I soon realized there were no washrooms. No where I could go and hide. Seeing as I was on the second floor, there was no escaping outside so I ran down the hall as silently and swiftly as my feet would carry me.
There was no telling who or what was in the school.