Nameless

The Girl

I felt my head ache as my phone’s alarm went off. I had to wake up to pack up my stuff because I had to go back to Georgia today for my job. I hated how I worked for such a bitch for a boss, not even letting me stay here for two days – but I had to endure her wicked ways because I didn’t have much of a choice. It was the only job I found that paid more than what satisfied my needs which was what I was exactly looking for.

Memories of last night came flooding back as I sat up and shut off my alarm and I immediately needed to know who that charming boy was. I swung my feet and turned towards the other bed, hoping to wake Steffi up and ask her, only to find it empty but a mess.

I turn around and found a note attached to the side of the television frame. I stood up which was a pretty bad idea because it only made my head ache worse but went on to pulling it off.

“I’m sorry but Josh dropped by really early and wanted to steal me away. I know you’re leaving in a couple of hours but I’m sincerely sorry, I just couldn’t help it, he was pouting and said he had a surprise for me – again, I’m sorry I can’t be there to hug you when you leave. I’m really sorry, really. But I bought and reserved you breakfast down the lobby and paid you a taxi that would pick you up around 10, I even told the driver to help you with your luggage. You know, I love you so much. I am very thankful you were here for me last night; it wouldn’t have been so awesome without you. Call me when you get to Georgia, okay. –Steffi”

I folded the little piece of paper and took out my wallet from my purse last night and slid the paper there before taking a long, good shower.

I changed into cut off, jean shorts and a baseball shirt with black sleeves and slipped on my black flip flops after my shower and then called up the hotel’s front desk to just send up my breakfast because I was too lazy to go down there and eat it alone, looking like a total loser and I needed to start on my packing anyways.

I ate breakfast while I folded my clothes and placing them neatly in my suitcase and all the while thinking of that guy from last night and that I don’t know his name still and there goes my chance of ever having an actual love life. Talk about multi-tasking.

Just as I got everything ready, my wrist watch read quarter to ten and I grabbed my side bag and my luggage and went down to the lobby where I waited a good twenty minutes for the cab Steffi called up for me.

As I watched Las Vegas rush by out the window, I remembered how it looked last night from the rooftop with all its lights on and how busy and alive it looked and then he came in thought again and how he held my hand all the way up the stairs and how he carried my shoes for me and how we almost kiss.

I sighed as I convinced myself to let it go because it was probably just a one night fling thing for him. I hunted for my earphones from my side bag and plugged them in my phone and my ears, letting music flow through my ears and preoccupy me.

Just a few streets away from the airport and we got hit by traffic. I ended up running late to my flight.

When we got to the airport, I didn’t even let the driver help carry my luggage anymore. I just grabbed my stuff and ran. I went through security smoothly and frantically ran through the hall to my plane.

Because I’m so uncoordinated I crash into someone and my luggage flied open and some of my stuff spilled out. I kneeled on the floor and grabbed my stuff and shoved them in my luggage, “Oh my God, I am so sorry,” I said not looking up though but really meaning it, “Really, I am. I’m just such in a hurry, I’m going to miss my flight.”

I heard him chuckle and he sounded so familiar. I looked up and he was bent down in front of me too, picking up some of my shirts and handing them to me. “It’s okay, really.” He said, his eyes scanning the floor, checking if he missed any stuff. “Don’t worry about it, they won’t leave immediately without you and plus, I’m running pretty late too. Just relax.”

And with that I did but my heart beat went faster and I felt anxious because it was him from last night. He looked up and then we were eye to eye, he took of his sunglasses and grinned. “What’re you doing here?” he asked.

“Didn’t I tell you last night? I’m flying back home today.” I told him, forming a grin as well. “How about you? Don’t you have tour still?”

“Oh, my mom called me earlier this morning. My Aunt Sally, her sister, got into a big accident last night, my mom and the rest of the family flew up to Georgia earlier to be there for her and my attendance is mandatory,” he explained.

“Really?” I don’t know how it was possible but my grin even grew wider, knowing that we were going to be spending the plane right together.

“Yeah,” he said, “But anyway, I still have no idea what your name is.”

“Oh, right, I’m Lynette,” I told him as I reached and wrapped my fingers around the handle of my luggage bag.

He stood up and held his hand out and I took it, “Lynette. That’s very pretty, it suites you.” He said as he took my duffel bag from me with his free hand and slung it over his shoulder. “I’m Eric but they call me Halvo,” he laced our fingers as he said this and I couldn’t help but smile some more as I felt tingles starting from my fingertips to all through out of my body.

And with that we hurried our way to our plane.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a two-shot I made a couple of months back.
I hope you like it.
Comment and rate please. :D