The Little Girl Who Moved On

1/1

No little girl plans to have this happen to her. No little girl spends hours tirelessly planning out her future wedding, with the aid of her faithful Barbie dolls. No little girl plans to cry over something they once thought to be so beautiful. No little girl wants to be hurt, and neither do I.

They say teenage romance is the most innocence, but I beg to differ. Teenage love is raw, unwritten, and wilder than a roller coaster ride. Some teenage romances are meant to last. Unfortunately, mine was not. I can't say I was surprised to find out that you had moved on to another girl…while you were still with me. I was new to teenage romance, taking everything slow so I could savor these new moments of bliss. The butterflies in my stomach, the tingling blush on my cheeks, and the sparks that ignited my mind as we shared our first kiss together. No one wants the new girl, the girl whose never been kissed, the girl who doesn't know what to say when a boy calls her pretty. You didn't want me.

I've heard stories of girl's that've broken down after having their first relationships crash and burn in fashions similar to the way mine did, but I refused to crash and burn. I chose to forget. I didn't forgive you, but instead decided to erase you completely from my mind. All your hurtful comments are gone, and the insecurities that you caused to begin to grow and spread in my mind, have been thrown up in flames. I'm better now, and can successfully say that everything hurtful thing you've said and done to me is gone, and in the long run, will make me stronger. Now, when my friends ask me "What ever happened to that guy that said you could never be a writer? What ever happened to that guy that left you for another girl? What ever happened to that guy that said you'd never make it?" I can happily say, "I forgot about him".

I was the little girl who spent hours tirelessly planning my future wedding, only to realize that love isn't as simple as it seems. I was the little girl who cried rivers of tears over something I once thought was beautiful. I was the little girl who didn't want to be hurt. I was the little girl who learned to move on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this is my first drabble, and I must say, after trying it, I'm not very sure I'll do it again, fitting so much into so little is hard! Anyway, my interpretation of the song I was given, Oh Hello by Circa Survive, was that it was about forgetting someone completely, and starting anew as though the person had never existed. And so, I decided to write about my one personal experience in which I chose to forget someone and act as though my time with them never existed, my first relationship. I hope you all enjoyed my first attempt at a drabble! (: