The Kids Are Alright

My Generation

The air was warm even though the sun had long since disappeared, it was the energy. Sure the show was almost over, there was only one song left, but the energy was stronger than it'd been all night. Some of the people who had started out in the back had pushed their way forward, some of the people who were in front had passed out. Many girls had already disappeared backstage, there was no doubt that by the time I managed to get backstage there would be too many wiggling girls to even get the attention from a member of the Who. Unless you did something drastic. I was the master of drastic.

'My Generation' began, causing everyone there to cheer and scream. It wasn't hard to hear the music though, it was so loud. The song was barely over when Keith Moon threw a cymbal at the speaker next to him, making the worse noise imaginable but it was amazing. Suddenly the entire stage broke out into pure chaos.

Peice of guitar flew into the audience as Pete slammed it against the crowd as if it was a hammer. For the first time to the name 'axe' seemed to fit the guitar very well to me, it never had before. The crowd began to push forward, but I tried to move back so I wouldn't get attacked by the debris.

Finally I was shoved forward by a person behind me, I was shoved so close that I was leaning on the stage. A guitar string slipped down my shirt, a dude next to me reached down to get it and I slapped him. I was surprised to notice that many people had begun fighting.

After ten minutes of chaos they diappeared backstage, everyone watched them go. That was when I chose my moment. I ran toward the back of the stage but was quickly stopped by a big guy, "Who are you?" He asked me rudely.

I came up with the biggest lie I could pull off, "I'm a friend of Keith Moon's!" I knew they would believe that. After all he had lot's of 'friends', right?

It didn't work the way I intended, "Go wait with the other friends." He points me in the direction of a crowd of girls that were all screaming and wiggling around in their skin tight dresses. It was then I knew that I would stick out with me wearing bohemian style clothes. I tried to stand as close as I could towards the front of the crowd.

They had to notice me first, and I didn't care which one. Suddenly they were walking out of their dressing rooms, waving at the girls and signing autographs. Roger had a girl with him already. She was dressed kind of like me.

I've been to this venue a million times and I'd seen a lot of groupies here that I'd come to know. But I'd never seen her before.

I waited for the other three to walk by, thinking of anything I could to get their attention. I looked around at all the other girls and it hit me. I'll do nothing, that'd be more noticable than jumping around and screaming. So I stood there trying to look as calm as possible.