The Kids Are Alright

American Woman.

I was worried about Ramona. I hadn't talked to her since Roger and I left the party last night and Pete seemed...well, somewhat unhappy. I hoped she wasn't the cause, because I really was starting to like this girl.

I found her apartment and finally reached her door. Knocking softly, the door opened in a few seconds. Ramona was behind the girl who answered the door. They both looked frightened. Ramona was relieved when she saw me.

"Hey, Ray...is this a bad time?" I asked, hoping it wouldn't be. I had important news.
"...No. Come in!" She dragged me inside and sat me on an old tattered couch.

"Listen, Ray. We're leaving America and heading back to London...so, the boys and I were wondering if you'd like to come with us."

Ray looked at me, surprised and a little angry.

"What the hell?! I'm not your fucking charity case, London. Get the fuck out of here, you stupid bitch." She yelled, slapping me in the face.

I had no idea what had come over her. She never acted like that before.

I walked out of the apartment and just took my cab back to the hotel. I worried for both Pete and Ramona. What had caused her to freak out like that? I really hoped that she would change her mind and apologize. I think she needs a fresh start and London would be good for her.

When I got back to the room, everyone waited in effervescence and happiness. Everyone's smiled dropped once they realized Ramona wasn't with me. I sat on the bed and sighed.

"So! What happened?" Pete inquired.
"...She...she flipped out." I told him.

Everyone gathered around to listen to the whole story, while in the back of my mind, I wondered and worried about Ramona.