The Kids Are Alright

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World.

When I met with Ramona, she seemed very shaken up and, she has a bruise forming underneath her eye. I was shocked when she told me what had happened, but I didn't think it had been this bad.

"...Sorry I freaked out at you earlier..." She buries her face in her hands and sobs softly.
"Look, Ramona. It's okay...We're leaving for London tomorrow. Why don't you just come to the hotel with us tonight, if you have the stuff you need...?"

She mentions something about a photo album and a couple pieces of clothing. I told her I'd get someone to go pick it up for her; she just needs to give the details of the articles.

She told me she'd get them herself; just as long as I come with her.

So, I get a cab to pick us up. She told the driver the address and we just kept driving on.

I gave Ray my compact, so that she can cover up her bruise if she'd like to. She smiles at me and looks at the brand of make up. Smiling, she softly applies a bit of concealer onto the bruise. Ray winces slightly, puts the sponge back into the compact and closes it shut.

"Thanks." She murmurs, and she hands me my compact.

We arrive at her apartment, and Ray leads me up three flights of stairs, through a dirty hallway. We arrive in the apartment we were at less than an hour ago. She rushes into the last room in the tiny hallway; she hopes she will have enough time to get her things before Bryan returns.

Finally, she has everything she needs in a small backpack. We continue our journey to the hotel.

Ramona seems a bit more at ease now. I pat her hair back and tell the driver the address, while we get in.

When we get back, the boys are all waiting for us in the ballroom. In there, we have a bit of a feast gathered, as it is the last night for the boys in America for a little while. We also have a lot of liquor and drugs and many famous people are coming.

Ramona seems a bit uneasy, so I decide to take her up to my room. Inside, I let her wash up and try to relax at least...