The Kids Are Alright

L.A. Woman

Slamming the door behind myself, I grab Pete by the shoulders and push him to the wall. He stops his anger and looks at me calmly.

"Pete, you can't just keep doing this! These bouts of anger! What has gotten into you? When I first met you, you were the happiest, calmest guy of them all. Now, you're angry all the time." I yelled at him, letting him know just how angry I was.

"...London. I'm really sorry. Really, I am." He lowered his eyes to the floor. He always did the puppy eyes when we argued.
"Is it because of Jenny?"

We both thought of Jenny. The woman that ripped out Pete's heart...and somehow, still managed to make Pete and I best friends.

A few months, almost a year ago, Pete met a woman named Jennifer in France. Everyone called her Jenny. She was a great friend, had just come out of a bad relationship with this real horrible man.

One day, Pete and her went on a vacation in Italy. Their relationship had been on the rocks on and off. Pete thought she was cheating on him with Keith, which she did. In Italy, Pete and Jenny would get into horrendous arguments, and Pete would leave to go have a drink at the bar.

While Pete was away, Jenny fucked many men. She didn't give a damn about Pete!

Well, Pete deserved much better, and I think that Ramona is trustworthy and caring enough to be Pete's girlfriend. Let's just say, I give her my blessing...