The Kids Are Alright

Long Way Home.

Hearing the birds singing, I slowly opened my eyes and turned over. Roger was not in bed, and I was guessing he went out to go get some things to make breakfast. We were in the large apartment building that Pete, John, Keith and Roger owned. They all lived together when they were going to record a new album.

If not, then Roger and I live alone and so do all the others. We live fairly close to each other.

It felt so good to wake up in London. I felt so at home and my accent didn't seem so interesting to everyone here. Now, Ramona, her accent would stick out quite a bit over here. That's alright, everyone was going to like her.

Down the hall, was Keith's room on the right, Pete and Ramona's room on the left. Following them, is the bathroom and on the left is John and Helena's room.

I knocked loudly on everyone's door, signaling that it was time to get up. There was work to do; the boys needed to go to Abbey Roads studios for some recording. Ramona, Helena and I would go out shopping. English style.

Downstairs, Roger was cooking bacon, eggs and pancakes for everyone. I sat down and waited patiently for my breakfast. Roger and I were usually the last ones to shower, since we did a lot of the cooking and the dishes for almost everyone.

I kind of felt like the parent in this house, along with Roger, even if Keith, Pete and John were older than me. A lot of the times, I felt like the only parent. I figured I needed a little fun.

So, while the boys would be in the studio, I would have fun with my best friends. Helena and Ramona.