The Kids Are Alright

Roll With It

All three of us girls got dressed and put makeup on while we talked about what we were going to do while the guys were in the studio. Helena wanted to go shopping, London wanted to show me around the city of London, and I would’ve been happy to do either one.

“I think that we should go shopping so that Ramona can get new clothes.” Helena says and sprays a bunch of hairspray in her hair.

“But I like my clothes.” I say quietly.

“I like your clothes too!” London indicates to the shirt that I let her borrow and laughs, the sound rang through the bathroom like a bell.

Helena sighs, “You have to learn how to be a rockstar’s girlfriend, Ray.”

“I’m not a rockstar’s girlfriend though!”

London’s laugh rings through the bathroom again, “Don’t be silly! You and Pete are practically dating! You’re together all the time!”

“We’re not together right now.”

Helena laughs, “But as soon as he gets home we all know who he’s going to.”

My cheeks turn bright red, “So?”

“It’s coming up. Soon he’s going to ask you on a date, then he’ll ask you to be his girlfriend, then he’s going to ask you to go on tour with him, and you’ll have to learn to be a rockstar’s girlfriend.” Helena says.

“And if you’re really lucky he’ll want to marry you, and have kids and all that.” London says and we all finish getting ready. When we’re done we go downstairs and walk down the street.

“First stop, Big Ben!” London says and drags us in the right direction. Helena and I walk beside her, we continue talking about Pete and myself.

When we walk by a wedding dress shop we begin talking about London and Roger's wedding, a small smile creeps on London's lips. Her eyes brighten a little bit more when we look in the window at some of the gowns on display.

"So, London, which one of us is going to be your maid of honor?" Helena asked her, she stands beside me and raises a quizzical eyebrow.

"I haven't decided yet, but when I do we will all sit down and talk about it." London says and we drop the subject. I didn't think too much about it, I figured she would more than likely choose Helena because they've been friends longer and they knew each other much better.