The Kids Are Alright

We're Not Gonna Take It

It was pretty cool for me to be able to just hang out with two girls, it was so different. I loved it, Helena and London made me feel like I belonged with them and treated me as if they’d known me their whole lives.

Part of me really was uneasy, because I had left once but he found me. I went to New York with Mick Jagger; I don’t know how he found out because I didn’t even tell Marie where I was going. Bryan found me though, he always found me.

I wouldn’t want any of my new friends to get dragged into this if he came after me, but if he figured out I was here and came after me I knew Pete would get himself involved. They all would probably…I didn’t want that.

“Hey, is the party going to have some sort of theme?” Helena asked London and pulled me out of my mind.

We started walking own the street as we talked about decorations.

“I don’t know, maybe it could just be a regular little party like what we had when we were teenagers,” London says.

“I think it would be nice to throw this big party with a theme, maybe we could like do a masquerade!” Helena says excitedly, they tossed ideas back and forth for a long time before asking for my opinion

“I don’t really care, you can just plan it however you want. I mean wouldn’t it be kind of tacky for me to plan my own welcoming party?”

They seemed to agree and London smiles, “We just want to make it special for you.”

The kindness almost made me cry, nobody had ever said anything like that to me. I had spent my whole life trying to please everyone I knew; now the tables had turned and somebody was doing something nice for me. I could hardly process the thought, I felt so special.

I felt like a finally belonged somewhere.