The Kids Are Alright

Only The Good Die Young.

When Ramona came home, she seemed flustered, but nevertheless, Pete was smiling. Actually, he looked like he had just won the lottery. I almost wanted to ask them what was up, but really, it was none of my business for the moment.

I went back up to my room, and I shut the door close behind me. Roger was lying in bed, most likely naked and very high. He looked at me through squinted eyes, smiled at me lazily, and he blew me a kiss.

"Well, Pete looks like he's won the lottery, and Ramona looks flustered, but she's smilin'." I told my fiance, smiling back at him.

"He asked her to move in with him. Pete was tellin' John, and I just happened to be passin' by...now, let's talk about our own house."

I would be moving out of my one bedroom loft apartment, and into Roger's four bedroom, downtown London flat. It was a very classy place, but nevertheless, it was gorgeous and comfy.

"Honey, do you think we should get a dog? I mean, I feel as if we have a child, we are jumping in too early, but a dog would be just right." Roger asked, looking at me with much interest.

I pondered the idea for a few seconds, and then began loving the idea...

...but as soon as we got him, our little Welsh Corgi named Pepper, I instantly regretted it.

He was a mess, and annoying. Pepper was the main reason I never got enough sleep.

One night, he did save my life...

...It all started when Roger, Keith, John and Helena were heading out to the bar. I wasn't feeling very well that night, so I stayed home with the dog. Pete and Ramona went apartment hunting, so I was really alone.

I started feeling scared around nine o'clock that evening. Hearing odd noises from the upstairs level, I sensed something was wrong.

So did Pepper. By the time the robber came down stairs, Pepper was already attacking him. I had enough time to call the police and hide.

When the police got there, they told me that Pepper was dead...

...that was the first time I felt so much pain and heartbreak. I became very depressed afterwards.