The Kids Are Alright

Movin' On.

When Ramona knocked on my door, it startled me. No one had really come to talk to me all week since Pepper died. Well, no one except Roger. He was the only one who would truly try to comfort me. Lately, they've been working on a new record, which was even a mystery to me. Pete told Ramona many details about the songs, and even she knew more than me.

I opened the door and allowed her to come in. She sat on the bed with a sigh, and I looked at her with sorrowful eyes.

"London, do you really think Pete loves me? I mean, we've been together for a while, but not as long as you and Roger? Am I doing anything wrong?"

All these questions, and I barely even knew the answers. I wanted to help, but I felt even worse inside about Pepper.

"Pepper would want you to be happy. Remember, he was a happy dog, London. He loved you unconditionally."

Hearing those words did cheer me up, but I was still not in the mood to talk.

"I'll make you some of your favorite peppermint vanilla tea if you help me." Ramona bribed me, and I was sold.

We went into the kitchen, and I sat at the breakfast table. It was a nice little nook where the sun shone through large windows. It was only dusk when I was there, and the smell of the water boiling was a smell that comforted me.

"Ramona, we should go on a shopping day tomorrow. Just a girls day. Like we did when you first got here. It will be a good time...I promise."

And from that moment on, I decided I would be okay and move on.