The Kids Are Alright

Left Behind.

Since I moved to England things have definitely changed a lot, and my life had become much calmer than my life in Los Angeles had been. For the first time in my life I lived and slept with the same man every night, I had found out what it meant to make love rather than simply fuck, and most importantly I had a family.

Peter and I found an apartment merely five blocks way from London and Roger. It was a large, open apartment. The only rooms that were closed off were the bedroom and the bathroom. The living space and kitchen space were only seperated by a breakfast bar. I had grown very fond of the apartment and the calm lifestyle I had. Unlike the band, London, and Helena I wasn't looking forward to touring again. Whenever the subject came up, I would grow silent. They would all chat up the things they were looking forward to doing on tour (Keith was looking forward to the groupies and wild parties) and how much they missed the buzz of being on the road.

I had figured as the tour drew near I would look forward to it just a they did. This theory was proved wrong when there were only two week left before the tour and it came time for us to make travelling arrangements. We all met at Roger and London's place to discuss everything.

"The biggest issue for the guys is to get to where they need to be without getting noticed," Helena says. I could tell that this was a conversation they had all had before.

"I don't mind being noticed," Roger adds boldly. London shoots him a glare, but she doesn't say anything.

"What about you girls though?" Peter asked.

"Well, I suppose London, Ramona, and I will just get to the airports and all before you guys do. That way by the time you all get there we will be settled in."

After Helena says that I sort of space out. Everyonce in a while I hear something about expenses or meals. Nothing particularly interesting, that is until Keith decided to speak.

"I'm sure that Peter and Ramona will want their own room," Keith say and wiggles his eyebrows at us. Everyone else, including Pete, nod in agreement.

"Actually," I begin softly, "I don't think I will be going."