The Kids Are Alright

Problems.

"I'm sure that Peter and Ramona will want their own room," Keith say and wiggles his eyebrows at Ramona and Pete. Everyone else, excluding Ramona, nod in agreement.

"Actually," she begin softly, "I don't think I will be going."


I couldn't believe a word she was saying when she said she didn't want to go on tour. I thought she might want to tour Europe a bit, maybe see what makes this place so great. We were ending the tour in Los Angeles, so I figured that might be one of the reasons why she did not want to attend.

"Why not?! We'll miss you!" Keith cried out, hugging onto her. This earned him a punch from Pete.

"Darling, what has gotten into you? Why don't you want to go on tour?" Pete asked her, looking at her in a way that I knew he was finally smitten about her.

Ramona grew quiet, and finally she left the room awkwardly. Pete followed her, not before glaring at all of us. I didn't even know what was going on. I decided to go out for a walk, and smoke a joint on the way. Roger knew exactly what I was going to do, he just always knew when I needed to leave the house.

After a few moments of silence, my fiancé sparked up the joint. When he looked at me, he smiled and kissed me.

"What's up? What's on your mind, my love?" he finally asked.

"I just don't know what's wrong with Ramona lately...I thought I was the one that was depressed and acting off, but she's just...I don't know. Do you think it was a mistake to take her in?"

Roger thought about what I said for a moment, then he finally seemed to understand it fully.

"To be honest, I was a bit annoyed when your brother first went up to her...but now that I know her, I think of her like a younger sister I have to watch over. She's an addition to our big, dysfunctional family. Ramona just has secrets like the rest of us, and she just needs to come out and say them to someone she cares about...Either you or Pete." Roger's advice was always the best.

"You're right, love...I'll try talking to her tonight."

For the rest of the day, Roger and I walked around the city, and we spoke of almost everything and anything. It felt like we were falling in love with each other all over again. I was so happy.

When we got home, Ramona was sitting at the table, drinking tea. Roger looked at me, kissed me passionately and told me to go talk to her. He went upstairs to the other rooms, and I sat down in front of her.

"Anything you need to talk about, you can talk to me or Rog anytime, ok? Don't feel like a stranger."

She looked up at me, and sighed...finally, I think she was going to tell me something...