The Kids Are Alright

A Saucerful Of Secrets.

When we finally arrive at the hotel, I ask the girl if she's a groupie and she tells me yes. I couldn't believe my dimwitted brother would pick up such a chick! A fucking groupie! Of course, I should have god damn known!

"She's a groupie, just letting you know." I whisper into Roger's ear. He giggles slightly, kissing me on the cheek.
"Don't worry, she's not stealing me away, London."

We check in and meet up with the band's manager, Kit Lambert. He asks about the girl, but Keith covers for her.

"This here, is Ramona. She's my new best friend!" He wrapped his arms around her, almost squeezing the air out of her.
"That's nice, Keith...how many best friends do you need?" Kit sighed, bringing us to our large suites.

In one room was, Roger, John, John's girlfriend, Helena, and I. In the other room was Pete, Keith and Ramona.

For the time being, we were all hanging out in my room, listening to records and reading music magazines. John and Pete were writing a song, Roger was in the shower, Keith was getting his drunk on, and Helena was reading a magazine with me. Ramona felt somewhat out of place, I could tell...

"Hey, you. Come here." I directed to the groupie.
"Yeah?" She made her way over and sat on the king sized bed.

"This, is Helena, John's girlfriend. I'm London Moon, Keith's sister and Roger's girlfriend. I'm sorry I've been so hostile towards you." I introduced, hoping to be good friends with her.
"That's okay. I'm Ramona."

For the rest of the night, we all took it easy, drinking and reading magazines and listening to the guys play some tunes.

Ramona and I? Well, we'd become best friends and almost sisters in the years to come.