The Kids Are Alright

Teenage Wasteland

I was so happy that London didn't hate me after all. I was so afraid she would hate me being Keith's sister and Roger's girlfriend.

She introduced me to John's girlfriend Helena who was sort of quiet but she was very pretty, and once you got to know her she was very friendly. I ended up talking to them for most of the night, we talked about everything from music to clothes.

As the night began to come to an end Keith got so drunk he didn't even remember who I was, so nothing really happened with us. I ended up leaving him alone because he passed out on the floor with his thumb in his mouth.

Roger and London soon made everyone leave so they could 'sleep', so there I was with no place to sleep and I was way too tired to go home. Helena and John offered to let me stay with them but then John pulled her away before we could make it official. Pete was wandering into his hotel room when John said that he wasn't letting me stay with them. That was when Pete spoke up, "Why don't you stay in my room with me? I've got two beds."

I smile, "Thanks! You're a life saver! I could just kiss you right now!"

He surprisingly blushed at this statement, it was as if he'd never actually met a groupie. The truth was I was pretty conservative by groupie standards, most of them would've repaid him with a blow job just like most musicians who passed through would expect. I wondered if maybe this was his first time traveling without a girlfriend with him.

"Okay, there's the other bed." He has the silliest look on his face after he says it, it was as if he realized just how lame of a statement he had just made.

"I kind of gathered that with the other bed being over there." I say with a small giggle.

He blushes even more and sits on the other bed and stares at me as I stand on the other side of the room in front of the door. I've never been this nervous before when I was picked up at a concert by one of the musicians.

I did a strip tease for Jimi Hendrix without thinking twice but I could barely be in the same room, especially alone, with Pete without both of us becoming giddy little teenagers all over again. Then again, on my part I was just a giddy little teenager. I was only 18, I'm not even sure how old any of the other people here were.

It's weird to think I'd only known him for a few hours. By the way we were both blushing when our eyes made contact you'd think I had a long time crush on him and had just confessed to it.

"Do you have anything I can sleep in?" I ask, finally moving out of my spot in front of the door to sit in the middle of the bed, the groupie part of my mind quickly replacing the awkward teenage part.

He nodded and pulled out a black button up shirt, I didn't think anything of stripping down to my underwear and putting the shirt on. I didn't even care that he watched, I enjoyed that he was interested. I liked the attention, I especially liked how wide his eyes were when I looked back up at him.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what's up?" I asked as I crossed my legs Indian style, still in the middle of the bed but now facing him where he was on the bed across from me.

"Can I kiss you? I know I have not known you very long, but I saw you kiss Keith earlier and it made me kind of jealous."

I smiled, "If you want to you can."

He stood up slowly and bent over to kiss my lips softly. Just a soft little peck on the lips and we grew silent and went to sleep. We barely even spoke the next morning after we were woken up my Keith jumping back and forth from bed to bed as if he had two trampolines side by side.