The Kids Are Alright

Too Much To Ask

I followed awkwardly behind London and Helena as we walked through the boutique. London and Helena wanted to buy dresses for a formal party being thrown for reasons London explained but I didn't quite understand. I was invited by Helena so apparanently I had to get a dress too.

As we made our way to the dresses London kept pulling me up beside her and smiling reassuringly at me, "We don't bite Ray," she'd started calling me 'Ray on our way here and I couldn't tell whether or not I even liked it. Nobody had ever called me anything except Ramona or 'that baby groupie' since I started when I fifteen years old.

Helena began walking away towards the shoes and London nudged me in the side, "So did you and Pete have fun last night?"

I shrugged, "I guess, we didn't really do anything."

She rolls her eyes, "I know you're lying! I can tell by the way Pete looks at you, he doesn't look at just any girl the way he looked at you."

I still insisted that nothing happened as I looked through some dresses, there were many pretty ones there but I didn't find one that suited my style. London kept saying how she felt something had happened between us.

"He saw me half naked, and we kissed for like five seconds." I finally confessed, she punched me in the arm and I couldn't tell whether it was playfully or angrily.

"He saw you naked?!?!"

I shook my head, "Not completely! I had a bra and panties on!"

"What kind of bra and panties?" She asked, raising one eyebrow.

"The kind people wear!" I stick my tongue out at her after I say it, I then hold a dress up in frony of me and look in the mirror.

"I'm going to go try these on." I announce, she follows me to the dressing room and questions me from outside the door.

"Were you wearing lacey underwear or cotton? Did they match or not?"

I sigh, "None of your business London!"

She suddenly crawls under the door, "Were you wearing those?" She asked and pointed to my pink, lace underwear.

"Yes, now can we just drop it! Nothing happened!" I slip the dress on and study myself in the mirror.

"Do you like Pete?"

"Yes."

She looks down at the ground then back up at me before speaking, "Did you feel like you do with other musicians or do you feel different about him?"

"Let me put it to you like this: I've done extremely naughty things with quite a few people without thinking twice, but I blushed like crazy just being in the same room with Pete."

She looks me straight in the eyes, "Please don't break his heart." Is all she says before leaving me alone in the small dressing room.