It Was All Just a Dream

1/1

And they said it was all a dream.

Just fragments of my imagination, my mind reeling old memories, old visions, old thoughts, and old wants into a string of events. It was a movie in my head, some things didn’t make sense, some made perfect sense, and some left me with more questions than I knew was possible. They said it was all just a fucking dream.

They held me in one room, a bloody mess in front of me of the person that I used to be, she was broken, her bones were crushed, her face was a mess, and she would never walk, talk, move, or be a person again. The only thing for her was death, she knew that and I knew that, so when she said goodbye, I didn’t hold onto her anymore. I didn’t even blink, not a tear.

It was just my imagination again. It was broken, like it always is, the memories are always there, different and the same, as they always are. It was just the same thing over and over and over again and again.

The next room, there wasn’t anything. Nothing. Pure nothingness. There was no happiness, no sadness, no emptiness, no fullness, there was nothing. It was numbing to my core but it was just my mind trying to grasp the fact that nothing, such as this room, could exist. No color, no form, no lines, no shapes, there was nothing.

My imagination couldn’t hold that, it couldn’t even begin to picture it, but that was the room they took me to, and even now, I couldn’t remember it at all.

The last room was white, it was black, it was gray, and it was colorful. The last room held all my dreams, my sweet memories, my life goals, my happiness, my sadness, my tears, my smiles, my frowns and everything that could be felt with the heart. The girl in the middle of the room was beautiful, her skin glowing, her hair flowing down her back, her eyes as bright and big as the sun. She was the angel, the outcome of it all, the life.

This was part of my imagination yet to come, it wasn’t obtainable yet. This part was for the future, this was meant for me if I could ever achieve it.

And they said again, it was all just a dream.