Bad Grades And Masquearades

Chapter Two

Let The Horror Take You Over

"What was with that look in homeroom?" I asked as we took our sears in Psychology.

"What look?" she asked innocently.

"The look you gave me after I sighed I suppose," I said in a "you're-an-idiot' tone.

"Well, what was the sigh for? You're twisting my words again, Aryk. We. Aren't. Going. Out," she said harshly.

"I know. What are you writing in that stupid journal anyway?"

"None of your business, Aryk," she replied before angrily getting up and moving to another desk.

I breifly thought about following her, but know immediately that it would be a bad idea.

I just had to let her calm down for a while then I'd aplogize.

I settled for just watching her write in the journal and sighed.

And slowly, my mind wandered to possibilities of what she could have been writing.

My choices were A) she was writing about me, B) she was writing about her family or C) she was writing about the 'us' that doesn't exist. I'm shooting for B because why would she write about the person that was currently pissing her off and why on EARTH would she write about something that she doesn't ever want?

"Hey, Aryk. Where's Airy?" Lara asked, walking up to the table I was at.

I nodded my head in the direction of where Airyona was now talking animatedly to Ana, a junior girl we often hung out with.

"Oh. Pissed her off again, didn't you?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I just asked what she was writing," I replied with a shrug.

"Idiot. You, of all people, should know not to question the journal," she said.

"I know, but she set me off and I just said what I first thought. I need to learn to think things through."

Lara just gave me the 'duh' look as she popped a piece of gum into her mouth.

"I would tell you to shut up, but you didn't say anything."

"Don't ya just love me?" she teased with a smile.

"No," I replied. "No, I don't."

"That's because you love Airy."

I just rolled my eyes and focused on taking notes.

"Told ya," she whispered, doing the same.

I shook my head and laughed, focusing all my attention on the board, wishing things were as simple as they sounded.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's kinda short.
the whole chapter isn't really done yet =/