Status: Active!

Stay Awake

Chapter Eleven

“Okay, we’re going to Alex’s now, we’ll probably be back later!” Jack called out as we stood by the door, getting ready to leave. It was now 9:30 at night, and one of the aunts had finally just left, after being here since about 2:00 in the afternoon.

“Okay, don’t drink too much! Stay the night if you can’t drive.” Joyce called from the kitchen, finishing up dishes from earlier today.

We left the house and made our way over to Alex’s, and we blasted some Blink-182 on the way. We sang along obnoxiously, and Jack drummed on the steering wheel as I used my seatbelt as a guitar.

“It’s crazy how much we’re like brother and sister already. It’s like you’re my long lost sister, or something. I mean, you have dark hair and dark eyes like us.” Jack said as he turned down the music and stopped at a red light.

“Yeah, I guess that’s pretty weird. Maybe your mom was pregnant with me and never told you guys, gave me up for adoption and did the same thing with my sister.” I chuckled, thinking about how weird that would be.

Jack chuckled and glanced over at me as the light turned green. “You even think of some of the weirdest shit like me, too. What the hell, man,” he laughed, and then suddenly became serious. “What’s your sister look like, anyway?” he asked.

“A little like me, I guess. She’s got long dark wavy hair, but has lighter eyes than I do. She’s a spitting image of my mom, while I got all of my dad’s genes. I miss them all so much.” I sighed. Jack pressed his lips together and pulled into Alex’s driveway.

“I really wish there was something I could do to get her here. ” Jack said as he cut the engine.

“It’s okay, I guess. I mean, I’ll just have to get used to it.” I said, unbuckling myself and getting out of the car, and walking up the steps to the house.

“Happy Thanksgiving, you motherfuckers!” Jack shouted as we entered the house. Everyone was standing around the kitchen, drinks in hand.

“Hey, finally!” Alex said, walking up to us. He slapped hands with Jack and pulled me into a quick hug.

“Yeah, sorry. People wouldn’t leave the house.” Jack shrugged as he grabbed a beer, popping it open. I don’t understand how his liver is still functioning.

I grabbed a soda for myself and walked to the living room, sitting down on the couch with the two dogs. I pet them, and played tug-o-war with Peyton as Sebastian chased after a ball. I was on the floor on my stomach, trying to pull the rope from Peyton, but I gave up and let him have it. I dusted myself off and straightened up my clothes and walked into the kitchen, where everyone else was still standing.

“Peyton’s a beast!” I giggled, setting my soda down on the island.

“He’s such a good boy! Aren’t you, Peyton? Yes you are!” Lisa said in a baby voice as she ruffled the little fur that was on his head and fed him a treat. Alex chuckled and rolled his eyes as he grabbed another beer from the fridge.

“So Summer, how was Thanksgiving with the Barakat family?” Rian asked me.

“It was alright, I guess,” I shrugged. “This one had me up at 9:30 this morning to watch the friggin’ parade.” I said and pointed to Jack, who glared at me and stuck his tongue out. “Other than that, it was good! Everyone's so nice and welcoming, and very understanding about my story. I also got my ear talked off by Jack’s little cousin.” I giggled.

“But your ear’s still there.” Jack said, poking the top of my ear. I jumped and shooed his hand away, rolling my eyes.

“Glad to hear it!” Rian smiled.

“Summer, have you drank before?” Jack asked me, holding a red cup. I looked at the cup and back at Jack, shaking my head.

“Never tasted alcohol in my life.” I said honestly. Pretty much everyone’s eyes got wide.

“Jeez, when we were your age, we were throwing house parties pretty much every night.” Zack chuckled.

“I was a sheltered child and went to a private school in Chicago. I’m new to everything.” I explained as I watched Jack mix up a concoction of orange juice, orange soda and orange flavoured vodka. I wrinkled my nose as he handed me the cup.

“I call this the ‘Triple Orange Threat’,” Jack grinned, using air quotes once he handed me the cup. I gave him a questioning look and looked in the cup, and then back at him. “Oh, come on, there’s not a lot of alcohol in there. Try it!” he urged.

I licked my lips before raising the cup up to my mouth, just letting the liquid touch my lips. I licked my lips, tasting the orangey goodness before taking a sip. “It’s good!” I smiled, taking another sip.

“And we have a winner!” Jack shouted, running around giving everyone high fives. “I’ll make you a stronger one once you finish that one.” he told me.

“We don’t want to get her plastered! Especially if this is her first alcoholic drink! She’ll be such a lightweight!” Cassade chuckled.

I continued drinking, and before I knew it, was making me all kinds of different drinks, some with different flavoured vodkas, rum, and whiskey. Soon after that, I was taking shots with the group, following them along with every shot they took. After about four shots of tequila and lemons, the room began to spin. I excused myself from the group and dragged myself over to the couch, laying down and looking up at the ceiling.

“Hey Summer, are you okay?” Lisa asked me, and my breathing increased.

“Yeah, I think I’ll be okay.” I slurred. Lisa just smiled and left me alone. I laid there for a few minutes, listening to everyone’s drunken conversation that was going on in the kitchen. I felt my face get hot, and I sat up a little too quickly, and before I could even touch my feet to the ground, I threw up. My Thanksgiving dinner ended up on my shirt, bleach white pants, the floor and the couch. “Shit,” I muttered. “Alex? Zack? Someone?” I called out, tears stinging my eyes.

“Oh, fuck.” Jack said, picking me up and carrying me to the bathroom. The rest of guys cleaned up the mess I had just made, while the two girls went into the bathroom with us.

“She needs clean clothes,” Lisa said as Jack sat me down in front of the toilet, and I threw up again. “Jack, you go help the guys. And Cass, would you be a doll and stay with Summer? I’m just grabbing some clothes.” Lisa said, scurrying out of the bedroom.

“Of course,” Cass said and started rubbing small circles on my back, telling me that everything was going to be okay. Lisa soon came back with clean clothes, and she closed and locked the door behind her, just incase one of the guys decided to come in.

“I’m so sorry,” I cried as Cassadee wiped off my shirt before pulling it off over my head.

“Don’t sorry about it!” Lisa chuckled. “Worse things have happened here. I’m used to this kind of stuff.” she said as I pulled on the baggy Incredibly Green-Glamour Kills collab shirt. I assumed that it was Alex’s.

“Okay, you need to stand up so you can change your pants.” said Cassadee. I staggered to my feet and pulled my pants off and stepped into a pair of grey yoga pants.

“Thank you so much.” I said, feeling a bit better.

“You’re welcome, dear. Let’s get you to bed, though. Get some sleep, and I’ll have coffee ready for you in the morning.” Lisa smiled at me as the two girls helped me walk to the guest room. I fell into a drunken slumber soon after the lights turned off and my head hit the pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy mother of God, this is long. Ha! Sorry for not updating yesterday, things got kind of hectic. Anywho, thanks for the comments and for subscribing! I have the next part already written, so I might also post that today as well :) I love you all! xoxo