Status: Active!

Stay Awake

Chapter Sixteen

New Year’s Eve is the definition of a big drunken party to All Time Low, band and crew. With 2012 just being around the corner, I’m hoping that it will treat me better than 2011. We were all gathered at Alex and Lisa’s house, hanging black and gold decorations all around the house. I was twisting together black and gold streamers, when Lisa came up to me.

“Hey! Do you have a New Year’s dress?” she asked me.

“Um, no, I don’t think so,” I answered. “I don’t think we have time to go shopping, people will be here in a few hours.”

“I know, that’s why I want you to come with me,” she smiled, grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me to her room. “I think we’re about the same size, so I’ll let you borrow any dress you want. It’s black and white attire, so have at it.” she smiled, opening her closet, exposing a bunch of dresses. I went up to the closet, running my hands over the fabrics, pulling a few out and holding them up to me. They were all so pretty, I didn’t know which one to pick. I tried on a few, getting an opinion from Lisa, and set the ones I liked aside. After debating between three dresses, I chose a black and white deep v-neck dress that I absolutely adored. “It looks great on you! Shoe size?” she asked, digging out a pair of shoes.

“6, 6 ½?” I said. She threw a pair of black pumps at my feet, and I slid them on, looking in the mirror.

“You’re like a mini-me with black hair!” she giggled. “I love it!”

“I love this, thank you so much for letting me raid your closet.” I said, looking at myself in the mirror one last time before kicking off the shoes and heading into the bathroom to change.

“No problem! Are you excited for tonight?” she asked.

“Yeah, I can’t wait! Do you know what Jenny’s doing tonight?” I asked, placing the dress on the hanger and hanging it back up, so I could get it later.

“She’s hanging out with my little cousins. She loves them, I’m sure she’ll have a great time.” she reassured me. I sighed and nodded, and headed into the kitchen to help with the rest of the preparations. I helped make little cupcakes, frosting them when they were cooled, decorating them with gold and silver sprinkles. I arranged them on the cupcake platter, pleased with my work, when Jack came over and stole one, shoving the whole thing in his mouth.

“Jack!” I yelled, attempting to slap his hand, but missing.

“Miss me, miss me, now you gotta kiss me!” he laughed, running away.

“I’m not kissing you!” I shouted back, reorganizing the cupcakes to fill the empty spot.

“You don’t want to kiss your older brother? I’m appalled!” Jack gasped dramatically. Now that I’ve thought about it, he is my older brother, and I’ve never placed my lips anywhere on his body.

“Nope!” I giggled, covering the cupcake stand with saran wrap so no one could get their hands on the cupcakes.

“But I thought you loved me!” Jack fake sobbed, and I just shook my head and walked down to the basement, where Cassadee and Lisa were placing balloons around the room.

“Hey! Are we playing any games tonight?” I asked, starting to help them with the balloons.

“Well, they’re not really games,” Cassadee chuckled. “We’re playing some beer pong, and there’s going to be a keg stand, and I imagine people will be bringing beer funnels.” she explained. I was new to all of this, and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on all of these things. I had a feeling that I’d become corrupted sometime before my 20’s.

*

It’s now 9:30, and I was in my dress, hair in long waves, and makeup done to match my outfit. I slid on Lisa’s shoes, and walked out into the main part of the house, where music was blasted, and everyone was talking, laughing and socializing loudly. I pushed my way through people, not knowing anyone, and eventually finding Jack in a corner, surrounded by a group of girls, drinks in hands.

“Ah, Summer! There you are! You look beautiful!” he said, pulling me into a hug. The group of girls looked at me strange, and kind of gave me a dirty look. If that’s the game that they want to play, then I’m in.

“Thank you!” I smiled, pulling away from him.

“So um, this is my little sister, Summer. Summer, these are my friends.” he introduced.

“You never told me that you have a little sister!” one of them squealed. Their attitudes changed immediately once they found out that I wasn’t his girlfriend. I just smiled and said hi, getting annoyed with the girls, so I made my way to the punch bowl, grabbing a red cup, pouring myself some spiked punch.

“Don’t drink that!” I heard someone shout. Startled, I dropped the ladle into the bowl, causing the punch to splash on me.

“Why not?” I asked, confused. Rian came up to me, his own drink in his hand.

“You never know what someone could’ve put in there. Pills, or something. It’s known to have happened before,” he practically shuddered. I made a disgusted face, setting my cup down. “let’s go upstairs and mix you a drink.” he said, leading me back upstairs. The music pumped just as loud as it did downstairs, and Rian led me to the island in the kitchen, which was loaded with any type of alcohol ever imagined. What do you like?” he asked, and I looked at the display, not really knowing what anything was.

“I dunno,” I shrugged. “What’s the best?” I asked.

“I’ll tell you what. Go to the fridge and pick out your favourite kind of juice, and I’ll surprise you.” he said. I headed over to the fridge, pulling out cran-pomegranate juice. I brought it back over to Rian, who grabbed a red cup and made my drink. “Take a sip.” he grinned.

“That’s good! Hey, when I run out, I’ll find you so you can make me more.” I smiled, getting ready to walk away.

“You could just make your own, you know.” Rian said. I gave him a questioning look, and he explained that I just mix the juice and vodka together.

*

“Summer, the countdown’s starting!” Lisa said excitedly, grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me to the kitchen. I was now more than drunk, I was wasted. And I loved it. I was happier than ever, and everyone seemed to be my best friend. Before I knew it, I was being pulled up onto the island, along with Lisa, Alex, Rian and Cassadee.

“10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1!” everyone counted down. “HAPPY NEW YEAR!” we all shouted, and I bent down a bit, spinning someone around, placing my lips on the other, shoving my tongue in their mouth. After we pulled away from each other, I noticed a bunch of camera flashes, gasps, and laughs. I stood back up to see everyone staring at me, and a shocked, but amused look on Jack’s face.

I just got a nice taste of my older brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Was this one a shocker? I can't wait to start writing the next chapter, some stuff is gonna go down :) I love the feedback I'm getting, I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it! Thank you all, love you guys! xoxo