Status: Active!

Stay Awake

Chapter Seventeen

The next morning was a hard one. I groaned, rolling over, burying my face in the pillow. I noticed that I was in a bed, and I wondered when and how I got there. I eventually fell back asleep, waking up two hours later. I glanced at the clock that was on the night stand, seeing that it was almost two in the afternoon. I groaned, and slowly got up out of bed, heading into the kitchen, to see that everyone was still in their pajamas, gathered around the island eating brunch.

“She’s aliiive!” Jack said happily. I just smiled and filled my plate with food. Everyone turned my direction, grins on their faces, Zack and Cass trying to hold back giggles. I gave them a confused look and grabbed some food, sitting down.

“You can really hold it down,” Alex said approvingly. “I thought we were going to have to take you to the hospital because of alcohol poisoning, or something.” he chuckled. I just smiled and shrugged, my voice hoarse from screaming along to songs that were being played.

“How are ya feeling?” Cass asked.

“Like shit.” I said as strong as I could, and I coughed.

“You look it, too. We’re training you for college, girl!” Jack said. “You’ll be blowing everyone out of the water!”

“I’m sure.” I rolled my eyes.

“Well, finish eating and go back to bed. Nothing’s going on today, and if my parents stop over, I’ll tell them that you’re sick.” Lisa said. And that’s exactly what I did.

Once I was done eating, I crawled back into bed, closing the blinds and shoving my head under the pillow.

*

“Sissy, wake up!” Jenny jumped on me. I groaned and rolled over as she slid off, sitting next to me.

“Sweetie, she’s not feeling very well this morning. Let her get some sleep, okay?” I heard Lisa say.

“No, it’s okay,” I choked out. “how was your New Year’s party?” I asked, rolling onto my back.

“Fun! We played games and stayed up until 1:00 in the morning.” she said like it was the most impressive thing in the world. But for an eight year old, it was. “How was yours?” she asked, laying down next to me.

“Good, we listened to music, played a few games, watched the ball drop. You know, normal New Years stuff.” I shrugged.

“Oh, that sounds fun. Kiss anybody?” she grinned.

“What? No, silly!” I laughed. Soon everyone was in the room, and I heard some people chuckling and coughing, as if trying to hide something. Alex had a grin on his face, and he shook his head, leaving the room. “Why is everyone acting so weird today?” I asked.

“I think everyone’s just really tired,” Lisa said. “but it’s almost 3:30, we’re having a New Year’s Day dinner with everyone.” she said before leaving the room.

“Alright, boo, I gotta shower and stuff. Go hang out with Jack, okay?” I told Jenny. She eagerly nodded and hopped off my bed, leaving the room. I stretched out, and got out of bed, looking through my bag for today’s outfit. I showered and threw my hair up into a messy bun, and headed out into the living room, seeing that Lisa’s parents were here.

“Oh, Summer, just now getting ready for the day?” her mom asked. Was this bitch serious? She’s not my mother, and my ability to hold my tongue was getting shorter and shorter.

“I’m not feeling well, so yes.” I answered the nicest way I could. She just nodded, and I threw myself on the couch next to Jack.

“Mom and dad will be here soon. I told them that you’re sick, so they’re bringing you medicine.” he told me.

“But I’m not sick.” I said. Jack nudged my arm.

“Shh,” he winked at me. “that’s what we want them to think.” I realized that no one wanted our parents to find out about how drunk I got, because in their eyes I’m just an innocent little 16 year old who doesn’t know what a bloody mary is. We sat around and watched Pawn Stars for a bit, before Lisa said that it was time for dinner. We all took our seats around the table -- there (unfortunately) was no kids table -- so we all gathered around the dining room table, squishing together like sardines.

We talked about last night’s events, like how drunk I didn’t get, how we all danced on the island, and all the sing-a-longs we did. Jenny shared that she stayed up until 1:00am, and her “mother dearest” just about had a fit.

“Why on earth would you stay up that late? There’s no reason for that. I would’ve had you in bed by 12:30.” she said, cutting into her chicken.

“Like a half hour really makes a difference.” I whispered over to Jack, who chuckled. People stared at us, questioning why Jack was chuckling, but I just ignored them and continued eating.

Unfortunately, Jenny had to go back with the witch, and Jack and I would soon be homebound, according to mom. Once everyone was gone and the kitchen was cleaned up, we all sat around, exhausted from the night before.

“So, why were all you guys laughing when Jenny asked me if I kissed someone last night?” I asked, finally getting the opportunity to stop my confusion. They all looked down and grinned a bit, holding back laughs. Even Jack was chuckling, his face turning a light shade of pink. Lisa placed her phone in front of me, which had a picture of me kissing Jack. My jaw dropped open, I had no recollection of this. “This did not happen.” I said in shock.

“It totally did.” Alex said, trying to hold back a laugh. I felt my face get hot, I couldn’t believe that I had actually kissed my brother.

“Oh, my God,” I muttered, placing my hands over my face. “how could someone let me do that? Why didn’t someone stop me?” I turned to Jack. “And why didn’t you pull away?”

“I dunno, I turned around and there you were, shoving your tongue down his throat.” Zack answered.

“Oh, my God!” I said, mortified. I couldn’t get over it.

“I didn’t really know what was going on until you pulled away after like, a minute.” Jack chuckled. I couldn’t believe that everyone was laughing at this. How is this okay? Kissing your sibling isn’t normal, but apparently they think it’s comical.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahaha. Poor Summer. Do you think Jack enjoyed being kissed by his little sister? I know I wouldn't enjoy being kissed by my brother if I had one. But boooo at Lisa's mom. She actually plays an important role in this story, so keep an eye out :) And thank you all for reading, I know I haven't been active lately. Been busy, hopefully once I graduate, I'll have more time on my hands!

Love you all, thank you so much! xoxo