Status: Active!

Stay Awake

Chapter Five

I eagerly took the box that was wrapped in newspaper, looking at Jack confused.

"We didn't have any wrapping paper, so I had to use newspaper. But open it!" he said, urging me to open my gift.

"Jeez, will you calm yourself?" I laughed, tearing at the paper.

"Oh, I like her already! She knows how to put you in place!" Lisa chuckled. I just smiled at her, and Jack gave her a dirty look.

I tore the paper away, and opened the thin white box. I set it down on the island and pulled out a purple jersey with a big number 5 on it, seeing that it was a Baltimore Ravens jersey.

"Cool! Thank you! The thing is, I don't really understand football." I said, folding the shirt back up.

"Don't worry about it, we'll fill you in at the next game," Jack smiled, nudging my arm. I smiled up at him, getting ready to put the top back on the box. "Wait! There's one more thing in there!" he grinned. I looked at him confused, taking the top back off.

I pulled the jersey back out, and at the bottom was a white envelope that had 'Summer' scribbled sloppily on it. I picked it up and looked inside, taking out the ticket that was inside. I looked at it and saw that it was to a Ravens game for this Sunday.

"This is so cool! Thank you so much!" I smiled, pulling Jack in for a hug, and then looked back down at the ticket.

"It's no problem! We're all going, it's going to be a lot of fun. But look at where we're sitting!" he smirked, pointing to the section. My eyes widened.

"The suite level?" I asked in shock. Jack eagerly nodded.

"Are you excited?" he beamed.

"Well, yeah! I can't wait! My first football game ever!" I said happily, and everyone looked at me in shock.

"Oh, sweetie, you're in for a treat." Cassadee giggled and glanced over at Rian. I giggled and put the ticket back in the envelope and set it back on the box.

"Thanks for throwing this party for me, I really feel like a part of this family already!" I smiled at everyone.

"You're welcome, dear. This was all Jack's idea." Joyce smiled at me.

***

It was game day. We all stayed the night at Lisa and Alex's house, and we played Apples to Apples and random games until we got bored and decided to go to bed.

I woke up the next morning to Jack jumping on my air mattress, shouting and being obnoxious.

"IT'S GAME DAY! ARE YOU EXCITED, SUMMER?!" Jack screamed as he hopped around. I sat up confused, and rubbed my eyes to see that I was in the basement.

"Yeah, Jack, I'm really excited." I yawned.

"Come on, you gotta get up! Lisa's making us a kick ass breakfast and then we're packing our things and tailgating!" Jack said happily, pulling me off the mattress. I laughed, and before I knew it, I was being dragged into the main part of the house, where I smelled coffee, bacon, and saw a huge stack of pancakes and waffles sitting on the island.

"Morning, Summer! Help yourself to anything!" Lisa smiled at me through her glasses as she flipped an egg.

"Morning!" I smiled at her, grabbing a plate. I decided on waffles, and I grabbed a few slices of bacon before pouring myself a cup of coffee and creamer. I went to the living where I sat down next to Cassadee and Rian.

"Top of the morning to ya!" Rian said to me as I took a bite of my waffle.

"Good morning!" I said and turned toward the TV, seeing that they were watching ESPN. I sipped my coffee as I glanced up at the TV, trying to understand what was going on, but I couldn't follow. I leaned back into the couch and munched on my bacon, while ran around the couch and sat next to me, followed my two dogs who jumped over it, landing on me and Alex, causing me to spill my plate.

"Oh, shit!" I said, quickly standing up, and the two dogs quickly started eating my leftover food. "Alex, I am so sorry." I said, my face turning a light pink.

"Smooth, man." Zack laughed.

"Shut up! But hey, don't worry about it. It's my fault, I didn't know you were eating," he chuckled. "Baz! Pey! Stop!" he said, pushing the two dogs out of the way.

I set my plate on the coffee table and went into the kitchen and grabbed some paper towel, running it under water and then heading back out to the living room, helping Alex clean up my mess.

"See? All better." Alex smiled at me, taking my plate into the kitchen. He soon came back with another waffle and a few pieces of bacon.

"Thanks!" I smiled, taking my plate and paying attention to the TV once more.

"Alright, guys! The game starts at one, so we have to get a move on!" Lisa said, coming into the living room. Cass and Rian got up, and I quickly finished my food, getting up as well.

I set my plate in the sink and changed into my jersey and threw on my black Glamour Kills beanie and helped make mini appetizers and sandwiches and put them in a cooler.

"What's a game without beer?" Jack asked, dragging a cooler out of the house. I looked up and rolled my eyes, continuing with what I was doing.

"It's okay, Sum, I got some Vitamin Water for you." Lisa chuckled, closing the cooler.

"Thanks!" I said, and I helped her bring it out to the car.

We slid it in the trunk of her car, and we all stood around, seeing that all seven of us wouldn't fit in one car.

"Jack, you can go with Cass and Ri, Zack and Summer can some with us," Lisa smiled, climbing into passenger's seat of the car. I slid in the back behind her, as Zack slid in next to me.

"What? Who said that you're in charge of that!" I heard Jack say, and I watched as he climbed in the back of Rian's car.

"Damn, he can be such a baby sometimes." Alex said, starting the car.

I shook my head and looked out the window.

If only Jenny could be here right now...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, sorry for not updating! Things got pretty busy around here. A big thanks to those of you who are commenting! Keep it up! But it's pretty late, and I didn't proof read, so I'll go through and fix any mistakes tomorrow. Or today? It's 3:25am. Goodnight!