Status: Active!

Stay Awake

Chapter Six

The Used blared from the speakers as we headed onto the highway and to Ravens Stadium. As we passed Rian, Jack unrolled his window and stuck his head out, screaming at us.

"Summer, you should flash him," Alex laughed, looking at me from the rear view mirror. I opened my mouth to speak, but Lisa cut me off.

"Alex, she's only 16! Don't be a perv!" she laughed, slapping his arm. I rolled my eyes and shook my head as we sped in front of Rian.

"I was joking! I would never let her do that. Are you crazy?" Alex said, looking over at Lisa. She just shook her head and looked out the window.

I continued to look out the window, and I soon saw a giant stadium appear, and I suddenly became more excited than I already was.

"Is that where we're going?" I asked.

"Yep! Ravens Stadium!" Lisa said happily, smiling back at me. We pulled off of the highway and entered the parking lot, pulling into a spot, and Rian soon pulled into the empty space that was next to us. We all got out and unloaded the cars, pulling out folding chairs and food.

"Hey, so are you ready to meet everyone else?" Alex asked me as I sat down, placing a Vitamin Water in my cup holder. More people? How many people were they friends with?

"Uh, yeah, sure!" I said before taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Awesome. They'll be here soon." Alex smiled, sitting across from me. Jack took a seat next to me, and Lisa sat on the ledge of the trunk. Everyone cracked open a beer as I sat there with my Vitamin Water, feeling a bit awkward that I was the only one that wasn't drinking.

"Alex!" I heard someone shout. I turned around to see a group of guys walking towards us.

"Matt!" Alex said getting up, walking towards the group of guys.

"What's up man? Is this the famous Summer I've been hearing about?" the guy smiled at me. I nodded and smiled back. "Awesome, how's it like hanging out with these goobs?" he laughed.

"Not too bad. Why, do they get worse?" I asked.

"Once you've known them for a while, yeah, it gets worse." he laughed.

"Hey! We're not that bad!" Jack said. The guy just shrugged him shoulders and turned towards Alex.

"Summer, these are our friends, Matt, Vinny, Gireco, Jeff, Danny and Evan." he said as he pointed to each person and they all waved at me.

"Hey, I'm Summer." I smiled, trying to remember everyone's names.

"My new baby sister!" Jack said happily, wrapping his arm around my neck and pressing our cheeks together. Vinny just laughed and rolled his eyes, reaching in the cooler for a beer.

"So Summer, are you a Ravens fan?" Matt asked me, closing the cooler and sitting on top of it.

"Um, I guess so," I chuckled. "I mean, I've never really paid attention to football and this is my first game." I shrugged. The new group of guys' jaws dropped.

"So you're losing your football game virginity?" Vinny asked and everyone laughed.

"I guess you could put it that way!" I laughed, finishing my food. We all finished eating and we packed everything up, and headed into the stadium.

I handed my ticket to the guy at the gate and he scanned it, and we headed to our seats. I couldn't believe how close to the field we were. I took my seat between Jack and Vinny, looking at the field in awe, watching all the commotion that was going on.

"So, we're gonna have the rules of football 101. You ready?" Jack said, turning towards me. I nodded eagerly, and a smile spread across his face. "Okay. Well, first let's start off with scoring. A touchdown is 6 points, and you get that when the team gets the ball at their end zone past that orange thing at the end of the field. After they made the touchdown, they can kick a field goal and gain another point. You following me?" he asked.

I nodded eagerly and he grinned.

"Good. A field goal is worth 3 points, and you get that when a team kicks it through the goalposts. Those are two ways to score, but there's another called a safety, but that's basically how you score. Get it?"

"Yeah! Thanks!" I said, now excited for the game to start.

"No problem, little sis!" he said, wrapping his arm around my neck and giving me a noogie.

"Jack, stop!" I laughed, pulling away from him, causing me to bump into Vinny, who was talking to Matt.

"Aw, what the fuck, man!" Vinny shouted.

"I'm sorry! It was Jack's fault!" I said, point to Jack.

"It's okay, I was just joking. I'll get Jack for it later, though." he said, a smile appearing on his face. I laughed as the announcer came on and announced that the game was starting.

The crowd went wild as the teams came running out, and Alex and Jack stood up screaming, Jack pulling me up with him. I screamed and clapped my hands, a rush of excitement running through my body.

Once the National Anthem was sung, the game finally started, and the teams kicked off.

It was already five minutes into the game, and the Ravens were up by 14 and the Steelers just tied the score.

"Eat my shit, Pittsburgh!" Jack shouted, and people turned around and gave dirty looks. "What are you looking at?" he said, and they all turned around.

"Jeez, no need to get all pissy," I laughed.

"Shittsburgh just tied the score! I have every reason to get pissy!" Jack yelled, and Alex joined him. I rolled my eyes and turned to Vinny.

"Are they like this during every game?" I asked.

"They're worse when they're at home, trust me. One time a beer bottle went flying." Vinny chuckled.

I guess I was glad that I was living at Jack's parents' house so that I wouldn't have to worry about accidentally getting hit in the face with a beer bottle when the Ravens mess up. I continued watching the game, and I found myself getting rather upset as well when they didn't make a touchdown or a field goal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! And thank you for commenting and subscribing, it really means a lot! I might not be able to update tomorrow since I've got a lot going on, but we'll see :) Rest of the game coming soon!