Status: Active!

Stay Awake

Chapter Seven

The Ravens ended up winning 35-17, which made for a very happy Alex and Jack. We all headed to Hightopps Grille to celebrate, along with Matt, Vinny, Jeff, Gireco, Evan and Danny.

When we got to Hightopps, I quickly learned that when everyone got together, the group got loud and rowdy. Alex and Jack went up to the bar and ordered everyone drinks. Jack came over to the little round table where Lisa, Cassadee and I were witting, placing a Corona in front of Lisa and Cass, and a Shirley Temple in front of me.

"Coronas for you two, and a Shirley Temple for the young lady!" Jack said, like he was proud to be waitressing us.

"Oh, so we're old?" Lisa asked, looking up at Jack.

"Well, she's younger than you two!" he retorted.

"Jeez, Jack, we're just kidding! Simmer down, will you? The Ravens won!" Cassadee said, holding her beer bottle up.

"Damn straight, cheers to that!" Jack said and we all clinked our glasses.

The room that we were in was big and open, and I was thankful that we were the only people in there, because I would have died in embarrassment if other people could see how the guys were acting. I couldn't believe that they probably acted like this on a daily basis, it makes me wonder what they're like when they throw their own parties -- not parties for 16 year olds -- and how crazy drunk they must get.

"Come on Summer, you gotta dance!" Alex said, grabbing me by my wrists, dragging me from me seat.

"No, no! I'm good, really!" I protested, but he didn't listen to me. I looked back at the two older girls for help, but they just laughed and shrugged.

"No, come on! You're one of us now!" Alex grinned.

I just smiled and gave up with fighting, because I knew that Alex would win anyway. I danced around with all the guys to the loud music that was playing, until "I Feel Like Dancin' " came on. They all shouted, high-fiving each other and giving each other hugs.

"We finally made it big!" Jack said, practically picking me up and spinning me around. I'm surprised that his skinny little self could pick me up.

"What are you talking about, we've been big for a while, now." Rian laughed.

"I think some dude just grabbed my junk!" Jack shouted, and I turned to see that Vinny did in fact, have his hand on Jack's junk.

"I can't believe I'm technically related to him now," I laughed, pointing over at Jack, finishing off my drink.

"I've known him since high school, he's always been like that. I don't think he'll ever grow up." Lisa chuckled.

"Yeah, I quickly learned that just from going on tour with him. They're all crazy like this when they get together, so you better get used to it, chica!" Cassadee giggled.

The thing was, I was getting used to it. In fact, I haven't thought about my little sister since my party. And that made me nervous. Are the girls treating her nicely? Has she been adopted yet? Is the family nice? What state did she end up in? Will I ever see her again?

I wanted all these questions answered so badly, but I knew that I had no way of getting answers unless I call the foster home. And there was no way in hell that I would be calling back. But I have to find out where my sister is.

"Hey, are you okay?" Zack asked, setting his beer on the table.

"Yeah, I was just thinking about my sister. I don't know if she got adopted or not." I said, trying to swallow down that lump in my throat. I couldn't believe that I have no idea where my little sister is. I couldn't lose her, I have to get her back. As soon as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updates! I've been really busy with midterms and papers/presentations and applying to colleges and stuff. I promise I'll make it up to you all somehow... But things are calming down now, so I can hopefully update more often. Also, this has three stars! You guys are awesome, I can't thank you enough! Keep it up, I love you all! :) And thanks to those of you who are commenting and subscribing, it means a lot! You know who you are :)