Trust Me

Chapter 5 - Mr. Sexy

Chapter 5 - Mr. Sexy

The rest of the week passed by pretty quickly, Whitney has officially decided to make my school life a living hell. She just pops out of nowhere like Freddy fucking Kruger, claws extended and ready to strike straight for the death blow. Pandora manages to save me almost every time, thank god. She is like Jesus I swear, the most amazing girl I’ve ever known.

It is now officially Saturday, THE Saturday. Kenny’s soccer game Saturday. Perhaps the most important Saturday of my entire life. Whoa am I nervous, Pandora took it upon herself to come over to mine to pick out an outfit for me. The second she stepped into my closet her nose wrinkled up in disgust, then she turned to me eyebrows raised, “This is what you wear…seriously? My grandmother has more style than you.”

“Hey they are not that bad okay,” I picked up a pair of threadbare jeans, “You know this here is pretty nice.” She looks at them thoughtful for a moment, “ARE YOU MESSING WITH ME? YOU WANT TO GO ON A DATE WITH MR. SEXY LOOKING LIKE A HOBO?” She screamed at an almost inhuman range. I cringed and flopped on my bed feeling defeated. But Pandora had other plans. “Oh no you don’t; lucky for you I brought some of my ‘date’ clothes with me; otherwise Paul would have to ditch you before you left the building.”

“Oh so that’s what’s in the life-sized duffel bag. For a second there I thought maybe you were planning my murder.” I laughed. When she pulled out what was in the bag however the laughter died on my lips, “NO! Are you insane? I’m not wearing that, no. No no no no no. You cannot make me Pandora. Please take pity on me.”

“Oh come on it’s not that bad.” Pandora smirks.

“Not that bad? Earth to Pandora, I will never wear that. EVER. It is far too small anyways it would never fit me.” I said. Here’s the thing I hadn’t realized, whatever Pandora says? Goes, 30 minutes later I was standing in front of my bathroom mirror, a look of terror all over my face. She had done my hair and make-up as well as put me in admittedly a beautiful white sun dress with this intricate lace trim it came to mid-thigh, way too short for my taste but I have no say in the matter.

I step out of the bathroom and get attacked by a squealing blur landing us on my bed laughing. I sit up quickly so I don’t ruin her and I quote ‘masterpiece’. “You look so beautiful Blair seriously. Paul won’t know what hit him. I should probably go, he’ll be here soon. Now remember just act like yourself, he likes you just the way you are. OH, don’t forget to text me with updates okay, I’m dying to know how this will turn out!” She called to me as she all but skipped out of my apartment.

I turned my head to look at the clock just 5 more minutes. I don’t think I’ve ever been more nervous in my life the butterflies just won’t go away. Pandora says to be myself but I don’t really feel like myself like this. I’d rather wear my beat up jeans and a shirt, what if Paul thinks I’m trying too hard like this? Oh god he might put me into the Whitney category. Annoying desperate girls with nothing better to do but chase after older guys. Sexy older guys, he is the masterpiece here not me.

“Blair, Blair, Blair! Guess what time it is! Soccer time! Get a move on I don’t want to be late thank you very much.” Kenny yelled pounding furiously on my door.

“Keep your pants on squirt, I’m coming.” I called back; taking one last glance in the mirror I grabbed my satchel and opened the door. There stood Kenny in his soccer uniform which was so adorable, but I couldn’t keep my gaze there for long Paul soon had my full attention. He was wearing ripped jeans and a plain white t-shirt and he made it look sexy as hell, I’m pretty sure I was drooling a little as well. When I finally had stopped eye raping him I looked up and to my surprise and delight his eyes were wide open gaping at me, I couldn’t stop the blush from creeping up my face. “Paul?” I questioned lightly, touching his arm.

Apparently that was all that was needed to grab his attention. His eyes flashed to mine and I couldn’t help but smile at the way he was looking at me. He soon got out of whatever haze he was in and smiled a huge smile back at me before reaching down and lacing his fingers with mine. I could have died a very happy person at this point. Mr. sexy was holding my hand. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Holy crap. This is starting off to be the best Saturday of my life.

“Paul, Blair, Paul, Blair, hellooooooo earth to Martians. Stop making goo-goo eyes at each other and let’s go!” Kenny ranted beside us. Paul glanced down at Kenny patted his head with his free hand and started tugging me along down the hallway. Kenny was mumbling stuff behind us, but I heard nothing all I could focus on were the tingles running up my arm from where Paul was touching me. Who knew hand holding could be so amazing? I certainly didn’t, I’m going to have to do this more often.

My happy feeling suddenly disappeared as Paul opened the door to the passenger side and helped me in. Wow he can be such a gentleman when he wants to be. This is definitely a side to him I want to see more of.

We headed off to the soccer field about a 10 minute drive away. When we arrived I was really confused there were a bunch of soccer moms by the sidelines. The fact they were there wasn’t the confusing part; it was what they were wearing. I had never before seen so many moms wearing so little; it was almost painful to look at. As we climbed out of the car all eyes turned to Paul shoving Kenny towards the field laughing, as I reached his side I realized why the moms were dressed as they were. They were trying to seduce Paul. It was so blatantly obvious I don’t know how I missed it right away.

Paul grabbed some folding chairs and a cooler out the back of his car hurrying back to my side and taking my hand again and giving me the cooler to carry. And the crowd goes wild. The moms sent me death glares so intense I had to look away. Unfortunately Paul dragged us in their direction so I stared at the ground and watched our feet. It was like they could smell fear because when we reached them I was in all honestly afraid for my life. They started cooing over Paul and flirting so shamelessly it was hard to watch and compete with so I detached myself from Paul and went to wish Kenny good luck.

“Hey brat.” I called giving him a huge bear hug from behind. He gasped in shock, then went off on me. “Blair what do you think you are doing. You’re embarrassing me in front of my team. Keep in mind I have some of these kids in my class.”

Playing with him should be fun. I looked at the ground and made my expression sad. “I’m sorry Kenny I only came to wish you good luck. If I’m so embarrassing I guess I’ll leave you alone then.” I said monotone turning around to walk away.

“No. Wait!” Kenny cried hugging me from behind this time sticking his face in my back. “I’m sorry Blair, you’re not embarrassing me. You are actually one of the coolest people I know. Don’t be mad okay?”

My heart nearly melted. I turned around ruffled his hair and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Go get ‘em tiger.” I whispered grinning. Kenny blushed smiling and ran for the field. I turned around to look for Paul and saw him sitting in one of the chairs he set up grinning like mad. I walked over and sat next to him noticing our chairs were so close they were touching. “So I’m just curious,” Paul started, “But that right there, was in fact a kiss. Where’s mine?”

I laughed, “Well I don’t know Paul what have you done to deserve one?” He grinned that sexy grin. “I’ll have you know I fought off a wild pack of sex-starved soccer moms throwing themselves at me. It was quite an ordeal. I think a kiss should cover the damages.” He stated turning his head and pointing at his cheek.

“I guess if you put it that way, I have no choice do I?” I managed a little breathlessly. Leaning in slowly my lips were almost at his cheek when he turned his head so I kissed his lips instead. I should have known he would pull something like this. I gasped in surprise and Paul slipped his tongue in my mouth. He was slowly massaging my tongue with his making me feel hot all over. He deepened the kiss and laced his fingers into my hair, pressing closer to me. I kissed him back just as feverishly until we both pulled away breathless. Paul didn’t pull away completely though he just rested his forehead on mine trying to control his breathing, when he opened his eyes he smiled at me and held my hand once again.

“I guess I owe you one now.” Paul said seductively opening the cooler and passing me a drink and a sandwich. I blushed tomato red, but decided to go along with him.

“Yeah I guess you do.” I replied grinning at him. His eyebrows rose in surprise and he almost looked proud of me. This whole flirting and confidence thing could totally work for me; Paul will sure give me plenty of time to practice.

I went to open my drink but realised it was a beer. I turned to look at Paul trying to keep stern, “Paul I thought we talked about the whole I’m underage thing?”

He just started laughing, “Blair you are one year away I think you can handle one beer at this point.” Good god I just can’t say no to him. I rolled my eyes turning back to the game and reluctantly opening my beer. I just don’t want him to think less of me if he knew how much I used to drink. I’m going to have to watch I don’t make a drunken ass of myself at some point. I really can’t handle my drink, it’s just plain embarrassing.

I looked back to the field trying to pay attention. Now I don’t know much about soccer except that you run around the field kicking a muddy ball and if you are one of those unfortunate few who manage to get hit in the face with said ball like yours truly; that shit hurts.

Throughout the game I couldn’t help feeling like someone was watching me but when I turned around no one was there. I took a quick glace in the moms direction and noticed they were all still staring at Paul instead of watching their kids play, except for one. She looked younger than the others mid to late 20s I’d guess. Also wearing the shortest mini-shirt I have had occasion to see. She was also very pretty but instead of gawking at Paul she was staring intently at me. Like a lion stalking its prey and it was creeping me the fuck out. I squirmed in my seat and looked back out to Kenny who is actually a really good player, I feel really proud of him even though he’s just my neighbour. I feel like he could be my brother I care about him a lot the little devil. I’m just afraid of my growing feelings for Paul I don’t know if he feels the same way but judging from the looks he’s been giving me he has to like me some.

The presence of a face next to mine nearly made me fall out of my chair I jumped so badly. It was that girl that was staring at me. “Hey there Paul.” She purred trying to be seductive but coming across a little desperate. She walked around slowly and stood in front of him placing her hand on his arm. Can this girl be serious right now? We were making out not even that long ago and judging by the audience we have I’m betting my ass she saw it too. Now she has the nerve to flirt with him or should I say try to flirt with him right in front of me. I was fuming, I really don’t want Paul too see me jealous so I tried to smile pleasantly, although I’m sure it was far from pleasant judging by Paul’s smirk at seeing my face. So much for that.

“Oh hey there Candice. How’s Joey?” Paul said looking disinterested. I smiled hugely, ha-ha that’s what you get for being desperate Candice. Seemingly unfazed by Paul’s statement she just poured on the ‘charm’. “He’s doing so great, thanks for asking. He was looking forward to hanging out with Kenny it is a shame he couldn’t come over for a bit. Maybe we could try to hook up again, the boys I mean.” She giggled, twirling a lock of her hair. Un-fucking-believable. I can’t even look at her this is just so wrong.

“Oh yeah you know how it is I am always working and Kenny had this terrible cold that he just got over I would hate for anyone else to get sick and whenever I’m not home Blair here is watching Kenny. It wouldn’t be right of me to ask her to look after 2 boys; I’m pretty sure one is enough.” Paul said pouring on the sweetness. When he said my name he looked at me and gave me that breathtaking smile of his. What is this guy doing to me?

“Oh Blair is the babysitter how cute, I don’t see how it would be a problem to look after them both I mean that is what you are paying her for right?” She said the condescension dripping from every word.

“She’s not just the babysitter Candice.” Paul said smirking and grabbing my hand in his lacing our fingers together. He turned completely away from Candice at this point, “I’d like to take her out on a proper date. So I don’t have to bring up some lame excuse that Kenny invited her to the soccer game when it was in fact me and I just wanted to spend more time with her; only if she’ll have me of course?” Paul said looking nervous.

Damn he has nothing to be nervous about. As if I could say no to that even if I had wanted to. “She would like that very much.” I said blushing. He suddenly broke out in a boyish grin like he just won the lottery reached across and placed a sweet kiss on my lips. When he pulled away Candice had a mixture of shock, jealousy and utter rage wreaking torment on her face. “The game is over I have to go get Joey. Bye Paul.” She said quickly and practically ran off.

Paul waited until she was out of hearing range and burst out laughing holding his stomach he was shaking so hard. I couldn’t stop smiling Paul asked me to the soccer game, Paul not Kenny like he said and he asked me out on a date. I am on cloud 9 that’s for sure.

Once his laughing fit was over we heard a throat clearing. We both look up to see Kenny smirking at us. All of the sudden he burst out, “I knew it! I knew you both liked each other. It’s about bloody time too; I’ve seen trees grow faster!”

“You little snake,” I cried laughing, “Come back here!” I chased Kenny around the field messing around with him until it was time for us to go. Paul held my hand every chance he got, I could seriously get used to this. Kenny seemed really happy about things as well and I thought it would have been a little awkward for him. He is such a trooper.

When we got back to the building Kenny stood down the hall to give us some privacy while Paul said goodbye. “So if you’re not busy tomorrow night would you like to go out to dinner with me?” Paul asked.

“You bet your ass I will.” I whispered in his ear kissing his neck, I got the satisfaction of watching him shiver. I guess I’m getting better at this flirting thing. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said. I closed my door as he headed off down the hall, leaning against it smiling to myself. Not 10 seconds later there was knocking on my door. I opened it quickly only to have Paul grab my face and crash his lips to mine after kissing me he pulled back breathless, “What are your dinner plans for tonight?” He said looking hopeful.

“Your place or mine?” I smirked back. Oh I could definitely get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so I am a HORRIBLE person for not uploading in so long. I feel really bad, but the good news is I am finally finished my semester of college (praise Jesus) and can focus more of my time into writing. YAY! On another note the strangest thing happened to me the other day, I was at the movies with my sister and a girl walks by and as I was watching her I had an epiphany (not sure that’s the right term to use?) but anyways, it was a living breathing version of Whitney from my story!!! Wow right? She was stomping her feet pissing people off left right and centre she had the blonde hair and when she opened her mouth the condescending nature of her voice tipped the Richter scale. Blew my mind that’s for sure. If her name had in fact been Whitney I think I’d have died feeling just a little bit more complete. Sorry for the rant, I thought it was kinda, sorta relevant. Hope you like the chapter!