Pitch Black

Chapter Fifteen: Found

I tried to struggle out of my binds more, but still they wouldn't budge. Mimi pressed the gun harder to my head.

"Tell me where he is and I will spare you." She said. "We have been trying to find him for weeks, and we know you are with him."

"I'll never tell," I said through gritted teeth. "I'd rather die."

She gave me a cheeky smile before turning around and slipping her dress down so that her back was exposed. I saw the same tattoo design that Xavier had printed on her back.

"I am part of the Blood Society, Monsieur Winstead." She said simply. "I Blood Promised you last night. If you do not tell me where Xavier is, worst things will be done to you once I have killed you and dragged you to Hell." She pulled her dress back up and replaced the gun back to my head. "Now, where is he?"

"You might as well get it over with now then," I spat. "I'm not telling you where he is."

She frowned deeply. "You have made this harder for yourself, Monsieur. Acting the hero for your boyfriend."

"How do you know who I am?" I asked, looking at her darkly.

The smile returned to her lips. "I saw you in the train. I was the first one to report that you were with him. But that stupid bond that you had around you was unappetizing. I couldn't come near you."

I recalled the ghastly, inhumane noise I had heard on the train to Yorkshire just a month previous. I began thinking of ways that could get me out of this rope.

"But now," she said, smiling and running her hand down my chest. "You two are separated, and you have slept with another. This has weakened the bond so I can touch you all I want."

She put her hand over my body, and I felt the ropes rapidly start to tighten around me, squeezing the air out of me. I struggled against them, but it was no use. The ropes were constricting my chest and my stomach. I couldn't breathe. My vision began to get blurry, and it felt like seconds before I black out into unconsciousness...

I woke up back at Christopher's house. I wondered how I had gotten there. Maybe I had been rescued by him, and he brought me back, and this whole thing had ended and we could finally be together, in peace.

But no... something was wrong. I was in the bathroom, and my back was burning and scorching with immeasurable pain. I was on the floor, gasping as the pain continued to sear my body. I was in a panicked mood, wondering where he was. I knew he was in trouble, but where was he? Had he been captured? Inhuman noises were being heard from outside, and bangs and knocks were ramming into the manor. They found me, again, and they were relentless.

Jack, for God's sake, where are you?!

Chrisopher's voice rang out in my head. I slowly stood with an aching body, and looked into the mirror of the bathroom. Xavier's face stared out at me, looking drained, tired, worried, and scared, ten years added to his young face. He shivered as the warm liquid from his back ran down, staining his trousers. His hair was hanging over his sweaty face, and his eyes were bloodshot. I could feel the searing pain from his back nearly overtake his body.

I realized I was somehow in his mind, I was him.

He didn't seem to realize this, because he took no notice. The rages against the manor were becoming more and more violent. One of the members, he heard, had even broken one of the windows, and he heard the otherworldly noises slowly hissing and sighing throughout the house. I felt scared, I cursed myself, why couldn't I be there for him?! Why did I let Mimi tempt me to go to her?! If I wasn't so selfish, this wouldn't happen!

Christopher looked in alarm at the door as something began banging against it. The hisses were loud and menacing, and it was all he could do to keep from screaming as his back was set on fire. His legs became weak, and he held himself up by hanging onto the sink.

I'm sorry, Jack, he thought, clenching his teeth. So sorry...

The bathroom door burst open. Dark figures with piercing red eyes shot into the bathroom, hissing and shouting. Chrisopher's eyes widened as one of the dark figures went straight for him and shot through his torso, right underneath his chest, and back out. As if in slow motion, he fell to the ground, broken, drifting downwards, blacking out, dying...

Pain shot through my body as my eyes widened as well, centering around the same place in my torso. Mimi and the dark, red-eyed figures stood around me, Mimi smiling triumphantly. I felt my own blood pool around me as horrible pain surrounded the three gunshots in my stomach. I felt dizzy; tired even. My eyelids drifted downwards, and I felt myself, my spirit, slowly sinking downwards as I heard a harsh and Hellish voice speak up.
"You have done well, Mimi. He has been found and killed. We've no more use for this one any longer."